PDA

View Full Version : Woah...

DavidNel
Apr 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
The offical site sucks...

Just went to it for the first time in a long while. It's not very well organized, at least the chat room isn't. Guess that's just another reason to like PSOW even more!

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 4, 2007, 04:18 PM
I submit that it's because PSO-World is a single entity consisting entirely of a fan site, whereas the official site is a minor facet of a much larger entity. PSO-World is well done, because PSO-World is all we do. The official site is a bit of a mess because it's not Sega's focus. PSO-World gets more attention by the people in authority over it than the official site does, because the people in authority over the official site have dozens of other responsibilities that demand their attention, most of which are probably more important to the livelihood of the business.

So yeah, dedicated entities do the job better; a PM with 50 Striking and 50 Armor can synth both melee weapons and armor reasonably, but a PM with 100 Armor will always be more ideal for synthing shield lines. Same concept.

DavidNel
Apr 5, 2007, 03:45 PM
Haha, in-game logic applied to an everyday situation.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 5, 2007, 03:46 PM
I thought it was a fitting analogy.

doubleEXP
Apr 5, 2007, 04:18 PM
I agree, Meira. Good analogy.

I only recently made an account here, but I've been browsing this site since way back in the early DC PSO days. I think tomeeboy was part of the url back then, or PlanetDreamcast or something like that. Anyway, this site is not perfect (no site is) but its hands-down the best Phantasy Star site I've ever seen. Now that I'm into PSU its really cool to have this site to browse and, now, to post on.