PDA

View Full Version : challenge mode

Bato
Dec 8, 2002, 11:41 PM
I just dont get challenge mode. People saying its really hard and then someone else says its frickin easy. Then i see the s-rank prizes. On one of the lists it has crap like samba maracas and toy hammer, then on another it has s-rank mechgun and s-rank sword. Whats the deal? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

ABDUR101
Dec 8, 2002, 11:51 PM
I don't even know what your question is.

Be alittle more specific.

Whats the deal with what?

That people say it's so hard or so easy?

That you see crappy weapons like Samba Maracas and then you see nice weapons like regular S-Ranks?

I enjoyed my Sambra Maracas in Vers 2 =x

Where are our Challenge mode players? Come to the aid of this poster. =)

rbf2000
Dec 8, 2002, 11:55 PM
Well, it's not called challenge mode for nothing. It is time consuming, and it can be difficult to find a good team, but if you can find a good team, then c mode is not that difficult.

Especially if you have the maps (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=15) and know what you are supposed to do - which can only come through experience. You really only start to know what you are supposed to do your third time through a stage or so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-12-08 21:00 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Dec 8, 2002, 11:56 PM
ahem

challenge

yoda

TeamPhalanx
Dec 8, 2002, 11:59 PM
Crappy players say that challenge mode is hard, good players say that challenge mode is easy. Those that say it's hard are probably those that never got into it, and only played c-mode a few times.

The two prize lists you saw are one for online and the other for offline challenge modes; although, at this point, the online prizes are unknown, since not all the challenges have been posted. Items like the Macaras and Hammer are offline prizes for obtaining s-rank (completing c-mode under 7 hours).

pixelate
Dec 9, 2002, 12:37 AM
C-Mode weapons you win have better stats than regular ones you can find.

CajunSamurai
Dec 9, 2002, 01:59 AM
Yeah, like they say... Those that don't play C mode will say it's mind numbingly difficult. However... Practice, play with C mode pros and study said maps, and you'll find that it's really not that hard. Hell, as long as you're a good PSO player PERIOD, it should not be all that difficult. DEFINITELY give it a shot.
And yes... those junky V2 "novelty" weapons are offline C mode prizes. (Although the Samba Maracas were pretty funny)
I assume the grand prize is still the coveted (read: arguably THE best weapons in the game) S-Rank weapon, because one of the preset messages for weapons includes "S-Rank Weapon".

Rhete
Dec 9, 2002, 03:29 AM
On 2002-12-08 20:41, Bato wrote:
I just dont get challenge mode. People saying its really hard

n00bs

and then someone else says its frickin easy.

Veterans like me Shotie and Snapple

Then i see the s-rank prizes. On one of the lists it has crap like samba maracas and toy hammer,

Offline Challenge mode prizes

then on another it has s-rank mechgun and s-rank sword.

Online Challenge mode prizes. Currently not available

Bato
Dec 9, 2002, 06:34 AM
thank you, that answered all my questions http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
ill be sure to try it