PDA

View Full Version : better synch 0 or 120

CeasOne
Dec 9, 2002, 01:36 AM
now to take me for a noob here,,, ive been playin since v1 came out for dreamcast.. but personally i always keept my mag's synch @ 120 but i have been seeing alot of trade lists & such with people offering 0% mags... im just wondering if/what the differences are on a level 200 mag... i did some tests with my lvl 200 varaha & diwari "one @ 0 and one @ 120 and i saw no difference really.. just could use some words of advice

rbf2000
Dec 9, 2002, 02:43 AM
Sync determines how much PB you get. The more sync, the more PB you get for taking damage and giving damage.

CeasOne
Dec 9, 2002, 02:46 AM
i understand that but when i was alternating between the 2 mags i really didnt see any difference

Elusive_Llama
Dec 9, 2002, 10:38 AM
It's not hard to get your mag to 120 synch and 200 int. Better to have it at 120 and get that last ounce of performance than to leave it at zero when you could have had it at 120 in no time.

Jae
Dec 9, 2002, 01:41 PM
Well since I've experienced both ends of the stick on the same Lvl 200 Kama mag...

At 0% sync and 200 Int, my MAG does pathetic damage with any PB.

At 120% sync and 200 Int, my MAG does pretty decent damage (1000+) with Pilla or Golla. Not sure on the other Snake thing since I don't use it much.

Just keep your Sync as high as possible. A weak PB is useless and only takes up space on your hotkeys when you get it. It's sad when one hit from your melee weapon deals more damage than your PB.

ABDUR101
Dec 9, 2002, 02:59 PM
Jae hit the nail on the head. I used to never get my mag to 120 sync, because I was just too lazy to un-equip or put it in the bank after I was done playing each time.

In the GC version though, I kept it at 120 sync and realised the damage difference I was doing. So it really makes it worth it to use the PB with a high sync.

Goza
Dec 9, 2002, 03:06 PM
I never bank my mag and I haven't seen a sync drop except on death. Is the sync drop on quit game DC only?

milk
Dec 9, 2002, 03:25 PM
After your MAG reaches 200 can you still raise Synch/IQ?

Goza
Dec 9, 2002, 03:29 PM
Yes. Stats won't go up, but IQ and Sync can go up or down depending on items, etc.

Jae
Dec 9, 2002, 03:41 PM
As far as I know, your sync doesn't go down unless you die. I haven't really noticed if it goes down over time or when you shut down.

It only took a few runs at Vol Opt v.2 for my Sync to drop from 120% to 0% though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ABDUR101
Dec 9, 2002, 03:59 PM
On 2002-12-09 12:41, Jae wrote:
As far as I know, your sync doesn't go down unless you die. I haven't really noticed if it goes down over time or when you shut down.

I've left my mag equipped to see if it would go down if still equipped when you quit, and so far it hasn't. So, my guess is that it only goes down when you die. I haven't noticed any other times actually.

It only took a few runs at Vol Opt v.2 for my Sync to drop from 120% to 0% though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

haha, Hard Olga Flow did mine in. X_X

We fought him four times and still could'nt get past his second form, even though we had a force and the rest of us had full moons.

CeasOne
Dec 9, 2002, 04:05 PM
thanks alot everyone i guess its 120% for me then also one more quick question... does any one know if mag cells are dropping besides during the halloween quest? i want my g-dam soniti that i had on Dc ;/

Goza
Dec 9, 2002, 04:12 PM
I noticed that one of the guides here said the high level forests had them, but I doubt it. Everyone has basically said if you don't play online, or you missed halloween, you're using a normal mag.

Seph5172
Dec 9, 2002, 09:41 PM
So your saying its impossible to get one of those mag parts? im playing offline, thats totally messed up! oh well, i dont mind my current mag http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Stalfos333
Dec 9, 2002, 09:49 PM
I can't be certain, but an unequipped mag's stats may go down over time (or an unfed mag?). I've worked on a few mags, and they come out of the check room with VERY low IQ and Synch, lower than I remember them being. I can't remember their exact stats when I put them in, so maybe it's just in my head...

Muku6
Dec 15, 2002, 06:00 PM
I believe it's just when you die. I've noticed the dropping after a death. I believe I've also noticed the dropping of it after leaving an online team and going back to the lobby.

I have a few mags in the Bank and haven't seen their stats drop yet. So, I don't think they do.