View Full Version : PSU: How good is Megido above Level 30?

Lumaar
Apr 8, 2007, 08:06 AM
Its a simple question and its probably somewhere in the forums, but how strong does Megido get after Level 30?

Is it instant kill LV4, 1% increase a level and cost 20-40 PP? (Hopefully they reduce it to that in the real expansion)

By the way, anybody like Shakugan no Shana?

Oh, nevermind. I just want to know Megido since its complete crap right now.

imfanboy
Apr 8, 2007, 09:27 AM
It's not COMPLETE crap; you just have to know that most medium-sized monsters have about twice the stamina of even a female PC - 24 is the norm, with some at 30, and the large monsters are almost always 30+, with champion monsters hovering in the 50s.

That means that even a normal monster is twice as hard to kill as a player is. I've lived through a dozen or even more megid shots before one managed to take me down, and I can't imagine that being a total fluke. It's kinda like on PSO casting Megid on enemies that have 90% dark resist - in theory, one shot in ten would take them out, but in practice...

Even Incapacitation 4 doesn't work all that often from what I'm told; essentially the only thing megid and Killer Shot work on regularly are robots.

Lumaar
Apr 8, 2007, 09:39 AM
On 2007-04-08 07:27, imfanboy wrote:
It's not COMPLETE crap; you just have to know that most medium-sized monsters have about twice the stamina of even a female PC - 24 is the norm, with some at 30, and the large monsters are almost always 30+, with champion monsters hovering in the 50s.

That means that even a normal monster is twice as hard to kill as a player is. I've lived through a dozen or even more megid shots before one managed to take me down, and I can't imagine that being a total fluke. It's kinda like on PSO casting Megid on enemies that have 90% dark resist - in theory, one shot in ten would take them out, but in practice...

Even Incapacitation 4 doesn't work all that often from what I'm told; essentially the only thing megid and Killer Shot work on regularly are robots.

Well, maybe its not complete crap, 1/10 chances to kill things isnt bad. I get killed by Jarba Megido really well with 10 Stamina though.

I wouldn't want to spend a lot of PP on it unless they fixed it really good in the expansion. I want to kill things with Megido.

Serephim
Apr 8, 2007, 11:35 AM
LVl 30 megid in PSO was pretty awesome, but even it failed you at times.

The cost on it is retardedly high.

Zorafim
Apr 9, 2007, 04:33 PM
I've always noticed that the most awesome of things that the enemies have become useless when given to the players. FF's blue mage is an example...

Also, you get +2 cool points for using Megido.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-04-09 14:33 ]</font>

Lumaar
Apr 9, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-04-09 14:33, Zorafim wrote:
I've always noticed that the most awesome of things that the enemies have become useless when given to the players. FF's blue mage is an example...

Also, you get +2 cool points for using Megido.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-04-09 14:33 ]</font>

Thanks.

Does Megido have LV 4 Insta Kill? (it doesnt matter as you said, the instant kills are good for the bad guys only)