PDA

View Full Version : GC BBA+USB BB modem+ Windows XP ICS, can it be done?

Rich_T
Dec 9, 2002, 06:07 AM
Hopefuly i will soon have PSO for the gamecube, however, i only have a USB type DSL modem for my P.C, im planning on plugging the GC BBA into the back of my P.C ( spare Network interface card/ehternet card) using a crossover cable and using the network set up thingy on windows XP.
Will this work for PSO? or do i need to get a DSL modem/router ( £80 / US$124) which adds to the cost of PSO?

Tavia
Dec 9, 2002, 08:00 AM
On 2002-12-09 03:07, Rich_T wrote:
Hopefuly i will soon have PSO for the gamecube, however, i only have a USB type DSL modem for my P.C, im planning on plugging the GC BBA into the back of my P.C ( spare Network interface card/ehternet card) using a crossover cable and using the network set up thingy on windows XP.
Will this work for PSO? or do i need to get a DSL modem/router ( ?80 / US$124) which adds to the cost of PSO?

This is not meant to sound like I'm tooting my own horn, but I will be able to answer this question with certainty within three to four days. Also on this forum, I wrote a tiny FAQ of sorts on how to connect with PSO through a DHCP server that you create. Well, one of my friends has an external USB BB modem, and asked me to come help him configure it. He said he already has a crossover cable, and I've made a two computer ICS network before, so... will it work with GC? I'll find out soon.

(By the way, if it does, this will mean it will work for AOL USB users, too.)

If someone else already knows the answer, feel free to respond in my place.

rbf2000
Dec 9, 2002, 11:04 AM
Yes it works. That's how I connect using PSO.

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/connect/ics_xp.htm

hkwonton
Dec 10, 2002, 01:41 AM
This is possible if you have ICS. I think the connection is a little slower than if you went through a router if u didnt ahve a USB only modem.

Tavia
Dec 11, 2002, 12:28 PM
Tonight, I am going to set up an ICS config for a friend of mine, who wants to connect with PSO.

I'll compile a setup guide during the process and post it here when I'm done.