PDA

View Full Version : question re: Demolition Comet (and doublesaber-type weapons

Elusive_Llama
Dec 9, 2002, 10:24 AM
I just found a Demolition Comet last night, at the most unlikely time...was fighting through Ult Caves, despairing of ever finding Mil Lillies. In fact, despairing of ever finding any rares. I promised myself that if I didn't find ANY rares in the next room, I was going to pipe up, sell stuff and log out to get some much needed sleep. I walked into the next room...and saw a funky colored lilly. You should have seen how fast I trimmed the sucker with my doublesaber! Anyways, it dropped a Demolition Comet with 10% native 15% A. beast.

Now, to the point of this post. A Demolition Comet's special attack, which is not listed in the database or in the item description itself, cuts an enemy's hp by a certain fraction...is it 1/2, or 1/4? I could never tell from the little special effect which pops up when a hp-reducing special connects...

Second question...my friends tell me that doublesaber-type weapons (that is, ones connected together and not separate like the Musashi or Yamato) hit twice in the first combo, once in the second combo, and four times in the last combo. I've been looking closely and it SEEMS that way...but are my eyes playing tricks on me? It sounds like a 3-hit attack but I think I can see a 4th damage number in there somewhere. Please tell me I'm not crazy, thanks.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 9, 2002, 11:06 AM
musashi types only hit 5 times. double sabers onbly hit 6 times. unless they changed it on me and didnt tell me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Khaotika
Dec 9, 2002, 11:32 AM
The easiest way to tell for Doubles:

Listen for the hum it makes when you do a combo.

Hum hum ... hum... hum hum hum.

Simple eh? =p

-Khao