PDA

View Full Version : So...Mega/Power...The best way for a Force to Hit Harder wit

Fulgore
Apr 12, 2007, 12:25 AM
I was checking things out and if you were to use a Hard / Power Charge that would be the best to increase the damage of the card/bow BUT it would drastically increase PP usage...and a Solid / Power S would drastically reduce ATA which for a Force would Negate the bonus pratically you would get because you wouldn't....HIT

So...I'm just accepting for now (until S Units are out) that Mega/Power is the best way to get a little more POW if you want that for your Card/Bow...or heck, even Gun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I have a Rabol Rappy so I can use that Arm slot

Eleina
Apr 12, 2007, 12:31 AM
HPC only adds 50% pp usage so its ok for bullets (card would use 18 instead of 12) so i would use HPC due to the little use FO's make of those weapons

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-04-11 22:32 ]</font>

Fulgore
Apr 12, 2007, 12:40 AM
On 2007-04-11 22:31, Eleina wrote:
HPC only adds 50% pp usage so its ok for bullets (card would use 18 instead of 12) so i would use HPC due to the little use FO's make of those weapons

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-04-11 22:32 ]</font>

well...after thinking of it like that you do have a point...the power increase would really rape enemies and I would only lose 22 hits per card (with a 800PP card) and that would leave 44 hits per card...not bad. So lets deduce this further...

an enemy with 10K HP taking 750HP in damage per hit with the card (assuming all 3 blades hit per swing) would die in approx 13 swings. And minus the HPC would die in 33 swings which not having the PP reduction is HALF the card's PP versus the 13 swings which would be approx only 1/3rd of the cards PP...WOW http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

WELL...when you look at it like that I suppose you really DO gain by using the HPC... Guess I'll just Grind as much as possible (safely) when that becomes avail so I can get extra POW for that AND PP...

SAWWEEETT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry for the waste of post, next time I'll do the math first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-04-11 22:42 ]</font>

Mikaga
Apr 12, 2007, 12:48 AM
The kicker is that even if it was a little less efficient PP-wise at taking out enemies, you'd still be killing the enemies faster and thus making yourself more useful to the party, in the same way a Dimate doesn't heal as much HP per meseta spent but you use it anyway because it simply heals faster.

That and you could always load up on weapons and palette-switch, or stock up on Photon Charges. With the high-end mission rewards, it's not as if you'd struggle to break even meseta-wise.

Fulgore
Apr 12, 2007, 12:51 AM
....I didn't even factor in the Elemental damage bonus either..............I have all 7 bullets for cards/bows and all leveled quite nicely so that too, would help

pikachief
Apr 12, 2007, 12:54 AM
HPC is good if u dont ONLY use guns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i only use guns..... uggghh i dont liek runnign out of all my weapons less than half way through the level!

WildArms2
Apr 12, 2007, 03:53 AM
Hard Power charge is the best arm unit out there currently. No real bad side effect on PAs that dont hog PP to begin with anything that take 8-16 PP HPC wworks wonders 16+ pp cost naturally makes the cost really high with a HPC. SOLID POWER S way over rated losing ata is horrible why do you want more power but miss more often. Its better to be consistant than hit 0 all the time

Soukosa
Apr 12, 2007, 04:01 AM
You're an FT and you want to use longbows and cards for damage? Sorry son but with that 60% ATP and probably a newman or human, you aren't gonna be doing much damage, no matter how much any unit helps you out. Even the S rank ones aren't gonna be strong enough. Plus with the higher PP cost, you'll be needing a lot of the same weapon since even with normal PP cost, you will run out of PP quickly (ask any gunner about that).

If you're an FT, you deal damage through techs not weapons. I don't understand why FTs got S rank longbows and cards. Some say it's for statuses but in most situations, you won't be needing to do that. If you really want to use these for damage, you're better off becoming a GT. At least after the expansion they'll get S rank longbows and you honestly don't need cards on that class. Cards themselves are very niche in when they'd be useful for damage on either class.

Randomness
Apr 12, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-04-12 02:01, Sounomi wrote:
You're an FT and you want to use longbows and cards for damage? Sorry son but with that 60% ATP and probably a newman or human, you aren't gonna be doing much damage, no matter how much any unit helps you out. Even the S rank ones aren't gonna be strong enough. Plus with the higher PP cost, you'll be needing a lot of the same weapon since even with normal PP cost, you will run out of PP quickly (ask any gunner about that).

If you're an FT, you deal damage through techs not weapons. I don't understand why FTs got S rank longbows and cards. Some say it's for statuses but in most situations, you won't be needing to do that. If you really want to use these for damage, you're better off becoming a GT. At least after the expansion they'll get S rank longbows and you honestly don't need cards on that class. Cards themselves are very niche in when they'd be useful for damage on either class.

Simply put, there are monsters who are tech resistant, who are not ranged resistant.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 12, 2007, 10:05 PM
I personally would much rather have a Giga Bullet PP Save... 25% off Bullets and 50% plus on Melee. Great for Card (and bow) users like me. Now, I need to find one! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SolomonGrundy
Apr 13, 2007, 01:09 AM
Casting WarTechers are pretty good candidates for Hard Power / Charge Probably Male Newman being a best case scenario. They have enough ATA, and if thier focus is on casting, then using extra PP won't make any difference (when one weapon runs out of PP, grab a backup).

160 ATP is a good amount of damage when added to 2 card blades, or the rising strike/single dager PA (and a class that can shifta, and zalure).