PDA

View Full Version : How to walk through walls.

DW
Feb 13, 2001, 03:49 PM
I know most are wondering how the hell the japanese do this. Well I'm gonna release the secrete now!

You will notice that most japanese characters are small. Yes, even though they are small in RL they didn't choose being small in the game because of that. They chose it because if you do your little twist and turns at the very corner of the door you be able to walk right in. So now you guys know! Have fun. =)

KarnaJ
Feb 14, 2001, 02:03 AM
Is this only in the japanese version? Or in the us and japanese?

DW
Feb 14, 2001, 10:03 AM
No, you can do this on the US version. When you make your character you have an option to make your character very small or very tall.

KarnaJ
Feb 14, 2001, 02:35 PM
I realize that, my FOnewm is already as short as they go, but I couldn't duplicate this. Any certain trick to it?

DW
Feb 14, 2001, 03:08 PM
When I saw this. the only way to get through unless you twiist and turn to get through the door. it takes a bit. took one japanese guy around 30 seconds to get through the door.

DCKaz
Feb 14, 2001, 08:47 PM
Hey DW good way to get some people to look really funny hanging on doors http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

well I'm actually mixed feelings.. I hope it doesn't work but.. it would be nice to enter those rooms when you need 4 people and one had to go.. :b heh

on a semi-related/unrelated note, I once had one of those fast warrior bots follow me into the hallway.. I'm guessing he somehow 'riggled' past the block. Luckily it was one of those leave the area/teleporting types so he reset eventually.. why you say? Because in that tunnel I couldn't attack him but he could attack me :b

Was kinda odd.. first a couple swings hit as he sat at the line.. then he seemed over it some.. next thing I knew he was a bit into the tunnel (!!!). Wish I had my screenshot stuff going, maybe I'll look into that tonight.

DCKaz

KarnaJ
Feb 14, 2001, 08:57 PM
Happened to me, twice. Two of em ran up to the doorway and stood there still running instead of stopping like usual, so I backed away further so they'd reset. When I got far enough where they usually leap at you, they leaped and came right through the hallway, and preceeded to beat me stupid. I managed to get away into the room before that, and they reset back into their original room.

Star_Angel
Feb 15, 2001, 02:34 AM
Hmm, thats odd... I've always noticed that if a monster gets too close to a hall or door, they get instakilled. And you don't get exp, even if you hit them 2149 times.

DW
Feb 15, 2001, 09:18 AM
Yeah happens to me alot. Especial against the robots. The one that I have the most problems with is the one who does that jump in the air attack move. He always manage to bypass the door and attack me in the hall but I cannot attack him. =(

Lanzer
Feb 15, 2001, 11:55 AM
(First posting, hello everyone)

I was with a number of Lv75+ players online and I saw the two of them walked through an electric fence. So I tried the same thing, and easy enough, I got through the fence.

The secret to the whole thing is that the very edge of a fence leaves room for you to wiggle your way through. Just walk diagonally against the wall and the fence as you wiggle left and right rapidly.

An interesting side effect is that if you're doing this trick in between a wall and a fence, you can cast teleport, come back, and you might end up on the "other side" of the room, and you will get to see the background polygons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I'm sure that some doors allow the same trick to work, but I don't have the interest to investigate furthur.

It was neat. That's it. Nothing special, and nothing useful. Good items comes from creatures anyways. Atleast I think. And I'd rather fight and gain the experience when I'm playing online with groups.

One more note, I happen to use a small character but I saw it being done on regular sized male hunter. Many Japanese like small, cute characters. It's a cultural thing.

Meu
Feb 16, 2001, 06:36 PM
I got this trick to work last night in the mines but only on an electric fence. You just have to stand at the edge then walk forward and like everyone says, wiggle back and forth, left and right. Each time you do it you'll take another step farther in. I couldn't get it to work on a door, but I only tried it in the mones. Who knows maybe some other area has doors you can do it with. Oh and the character I used was a HUnewearl of the default size.

Pneophen
Feb 18, 2001, 08:37 AM
the only place i use this is in ruins2 if you get to the fence with the teleport to ruins 3 and you didnt hit the switch to turn it off.i go through the left side and it works every time.