PDA

View Full Version : Beasts are the Spartans, Newmans are the Athenians Magashi i

ShinMaruku
Apr 12, 2007, 05:54 PM
Humans... well.. I don't know they are an anomoly they are like Kratos or somthing...
Or am I insane?
Tylor: SPARTANS! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELLLL! <Nanoblasts>

Kaydin
Apr 12, 2007, 05:56 PM
Can I vote thrice? Your out of your mind, you've been watching 300 too much, and beast women are filthy.

Raysa
Apr 12, 2007, 05:56 PM
Haha! I love this. We were studying Athens/Macedonians/Sparta and Persia just before the movie came out. That's pretty funny Newman = Athenian those boy lovers! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kent
Apr 12, 2007, 06:02 PM
Hmm... Moatoob's not quite like Sparta. Then again, apparently, you're talking MOTOOOB.

It's no cake town (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uci14yCwWfk), though.

AweOfShe
Apr 12, 2007, 06:02 PM
The second I saw this thread, I thought of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqiSkd1M6k) immediately after. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RadiantLegend
Apr 12, 2007, 06:03 PM
Cast are the immortals?

ShinMaruku
Apr 12, 2007, 06:03 PM
Well you see Beats konw the touch of a woman and Newmans well they are having marital problems aka Mikuna.. that dudes wife left him..
While Leo he has a son for Spart..eh Motwoob...

ShinMaruku
Apr 12, 2007, 06:06 PM
Yes they are cold, unfeeling jerks. XD

amtalx
Apr 12, 2007, 06:07 PM
You dont need feelings when you live forever fleshbag http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShinMaruku
Apr 12, 2007, 06:10 PM
Hundreds fell before Sparta getting shanked.. Espeically that big one, that dude was growling and got Highlander'd

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 12, 2007, 06:15 PM
I wouldnt compare the spartans to Psu characters they fight to die even in their training

RadiantLegend
Apr 12, 2007, 06:17 PM
We fight and die all the time on PSU.

ShinMaruku
Apr 12, 2007, 06:18 PM
Well as Beasts came about their beggining is very Spartan like. All raised for battle and strength.
Spartans are also told to cheat and steal many things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 12, 2007, 06:19 PM
well compare our time and their time we have weak virtues even the weak lives and Psu is just a game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yuudai_Riisu on 2007-04-12 16:23 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Apr 12, 2007, 06:21 PM
o.o you're no fun.

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 12, 2007, 06:22 PM
just the truth sorry if I sound mean

ShinMaruku
Apr 12, 2007, 06:26 PM
On 2007-04-12 16:19, Yuudai_Riisu wrote:
well compare our time and their time we have weak virtues even the weak lives and Psu is just a game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yuudai_Riisu on 2007-04-12 16:23 ]</font>

As for weak virtues, that depends where ya live at and who you are.
I know folks that are quite similar to them. Built up that through a hard life.

xennec
Apr 12, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-04-12 16:17, Ragolismine wrote:
We fight and die all the time on PSU.

Yeah, the spartans didn't have scape dolls either.

XDeviousX
Apr 12, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-04-12 16:22, Yuudai_Riisu wrote:
just the truth sorry if I sound mean

Spartans had "strong values" huh? Too many people think that movie is historical fact... Spartans had slaves... Spartan soilders fought other greek nations for fun/sport when there were no wars to fight... A spartan soilder in training became a man if he could sneak into town and MURDER a slave without being caught, because if they did get caught they would get killed for sneaking out of training, and MURDER... Spartans were the jerks of the Greek City-States but were treated well because the other Greeks were scared of them/needed them for protection... I could fill 10 pages with about Spartan "morals" and how inaccurate historically 300 was...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-04-12 17:24 ]</font>

natewifi
Apr 12, 2007, 07:23 PM
dont you mean persians instea of Athens?

ShinMaruku
Apr 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
Everybody knows the movie was over fluffed they were the boy lovers XD
But for their aims abnd motivation they had their high points.

XDeviousX
Apr 12, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-04-12 17:23, natewifi wrote:
dont you mean persians instea of Athens?

Persians didn't OPENLY practice sodamy... And they made Xerxies look like a drag-queen going on holiday! In reality when he was 12 studying to read/write in his room his father released a lion into his room, no warnig, and no heads up, because if he didn't kill it he wasn't worthy to be a Persian king... That is what I wanted to see, a mean and dangerous killer, not Rupal the warrior princess!!!

CupOfCoffee
Apr 12, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, because if instead of aiming for entertainment they'd gone for a 100% historically accurate documentary style, it would've still been a good movie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

XDeviousX
Apr 13, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-04-12 18:51, CupOfCoffee wrote:
Yeah, because if instead of aiming for entertainment they'd gone for a 100% historically accurate documentary style, it would've still been a good movie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually it would have... The persian army vs the spartans is the most researched and replayed battle in history. It didn't need hollywoodisms to make it interesting. It didn't have to be a documentury but it didn't have to be so gash-darn hollywood either... There are historically inaccurate films based on real historical events that were indeed great to watch... (Last Sumurai, Full Metal Jacket, The Lion in Winter, etc.)

CupOfCoffee
Apr 13, 2007, 12:32 AM
You do realize that 300 is a movie version of a graphic novel by Frank Miller, right? Its aim was not to educate people about the battle or anything like that, they simply (and wisely) judge that the style of the comic book would translate well to the screen and be a fun, engaging movie. Seriously, you're overthinking. In this case, pointing your finger and shouting, "That's not what happened!" is kind of like picking up an apple and shouting, "Hey, this isn't an orange!"

XDeviousX
Apr 13, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-04-12 22:32, CupOfCoffee wrote:
You do realize that 300 is a movie version of a graphic novel by Frank Miller, right? Its aim was not to educate people about the battle or anything like that, they simply (and wisely) judge that the style of the comic book would translate well to the screen and be a fun, engaging movie. Seriously, you're overthinking. In this case, pointing your finger and shouting, "That's not what happened!" is kind of like picking up an apple and shouting, "Hey, this isn't an orange!"

Did you read my last post? Seriously people need to learn to read. Do you think I think Full Metal Jacket or The Last Samurai were historically accurate? No. I realize 300 isn't suppose to be based 100% on history but it didn't have to be so hollywood basterdized... Seriously learn to read what people write if you're going to try and make a point...

300 was an ok movie but had way too much rhetoric and I was also let-down they didn't show the battle at the end..

ShinMaruku
Apr 13, 2007, 09:24 AM
#00 was great. I spend months on that whole Hellenic Persian war and anybody who read knows how it would have ended.
That said fairly close the the book tis like 95%

CupOfCoffee
Apr 13, 2007, 09:46 AM
On 2007-04-12 22:57, XDeviousX wrote:
Did you read my last post? Seriously people need to learn to read. Do you think I think Full Metal Jacket or The Last Samurai were historically accurate? No. I realize 300 isn't suppose to be based 100% on history but it didn't have to be so hollywood basterdized... Seriously learn to read what people write if you're going to try and make a point...

*golf clap*

So basically your point is that movies can have a certain degree of fakeness, but if they're too innacurate, hoo boy! No good!

IT WAS BASED ON FRANK MILLER'S COMIC BOOK. It's not Hollywood's fault, it's just faithful adaptation. It's a movie. It's designed to entertain. Outlandish exaggeration is entertaining.

God I hate the internet.

XDeviousX
Apr 13, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-04-13 07:46, CupOfCoffee wrote:

On 2007-04-12 22:57, XDeviousX wrote:

*golf clap*

So basically your point is that movies can have a certain degree of fakeness, but if they're too innacurate, hoo boy! No good!

IT WAS BASED ON FRANK MILLER'S COMIC BOOK. It's not Hollywood's fault, it's just faithful adaptation. It's a movie. It's designed to entertain. Outlandish exaggeration is entertaining.

God I hate the internet.

My points were:

Too many people think 300 IS historically accurate and it isn't...

I didn't want Xerxies to look like Rupal on safari...

Too much political rhetoric will kill any movie/game/story/noval/etc...

That a movie being more historically accurate isn't a horrible idea if done right

and that 300 was an ok movie but not that great based on too much rhetoric and cheating me out of that final conflict scene/scenes.[/points]

There are many shades between black and white. If somebody doesn't like a movie it doesn't mean they didn't "watch it right" or "didn't understand it." If 300 wasn't based on history (like the events never happened) I would still not like the movie and hate Xerxies. The leader and living god of the largest army of the day shouldn't look like Michle Jackson's great great great great grandfather. (Unless it's a remake of "Battle of the Planets" a.k.a. "G-Force") And Frank Miller's comic DIDN"T have so much drippy rhetoric speech, but it did have more then I'd like to read as well. Please stop acting like I am wrong for disliking a movie because imo I think its bad and NOT because it isn't based "correctly" on history.. Again the Last Samurai isn't even close to historically accurate but based on a historical event and I liked it...

P.S.

please read this post as you haven't read my others appearently...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-04-13 09:43 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Apr 13, 2007, 06:41 PM
Well These are idelaized looks in the creator of 300's mind.
My frned looks like the Real Xerxes as he is Persian. XD
I just got one beef with 300's lines: "TONIGT WE DINE IN HELLLL!"
That's more Germanic. Hel is a perosn and you dine with her in hell XD

Rubius-sama
Apr 14, 2007, 05:35 AM
STFU about Spartans already. This shit is infesting the whole internet.

For anyone thinking they're a Spartan....No you're not a Spartan. You're just a fat nerd with glasses and pimples.

ShinMaruku
Apr 14, 2007, 11:27 AM
Bear Shirsts pwn the Spartans. As for hatin on my paralells, your just bitter. XD

Omega_Weltall
Apr 17, 2007, 10:11 PM
Athenians.. boy lovers? if i remember from Latin class ( we studied alittle Greek history too) the Athenians kicked Sparta's ASS.

ShinMaruku
Apr 17, 2007, 11:03 PM
Sparta won in the end, then Thebes owned them and then Macedon took over.
Sparta and Athens were close at times in military might.

Sharkyland
Apr 19, 2007, 04:04 PM
I swear there were times during the movie, I just wanted to say 'MORTAL KOMBAT!'

doubleEXP
Apr 19, 2007, 04:12 PM
On 2007-04-19 14:04, Sharkyland wrote:
I swear there were times during the movie, I just wanted to say 'MORTAL KOMBAT!'

Heh.