PDA

View Full Version : Super Paper Mario!

Skuda
Apr 13, 2007, 01:21 AM
Damn! This is a really good game!

I picked it up on tuesday, and have been playing it every opertunity I get.

For those of you who are sceptical about getting it because it's not a Paper Mario RPG, I say get it anyway. The only difference between SPM and the other Paper Mario games is the lack of a turn based combat system.

The story is even better than thousand year door, and the dialogue is clever and crazy as always.

Only downside to the game so far, is on occassion, you will have to do the most ridiculous things to progress through a level.

ie. To progress through 1 level, I needed some information from an NPC. This NPC made me spell "please" 7 times in a row. The letter screen would come up, and I would have to select the letters for "please" 7 times. What the hell was the point in that?

It's been a pretty awesome game so far. I'm really drawn into it. It has brought together everything I loved about sidescrolling mario AND the mario RPGs together into one awesome package.

VioletSkye
Apr 13, 2007, 01:33 AM
Heh, I was watching gameplay videos of it tonight and decided I would pick it up tomorrow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

amtalx
Apr 13, 2007, 06:53 AM
I'm skeptical...I havn't really enjoyed a Mario game since SNES.

Rainbowlemon
Apr 13, 2007, 09:48 AM
I've been looking forward to it for ages, and I REALLY want to play it, but I live in the UK, and of course, Ninty couldn't give a flying f**k about us. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

kazuma56
Apr 13, 2007, 10:35 AM
I don't know, I bought it but aren't too pleased with it, the game is good, but not as good as everyone makes it out to be... i haven't "laughed" at anything in this game... most it got out of me was a chuckle or two but nothing remeberable at all.

Maybe i'm growing out of these games in general... I don't know, i still find myself playing my PS3 more despite buying my last 2 games last month (AC4 and MotorStorm) then my Wii... maybe i'm trying to savour whatever solid single player experience the system offers because the games (or lack thereof) that can be enjoyed alone are few and far between.

DizzyDi
Apr 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-04-13 04:53, amtalx wrote:

What?

Blitzkommando
Apr 13, 2007, 03:44 PM
I'm torn. I want this, but I also want Test Drive Unlimited. My Wii has just been sitting there so maybe I should pick this up instead. Choices, choices...

Sinue_v2
Apr 13, 2007, 03:58 PM
i haven't "laughed" at anything in this game... most it got out of me was a chuckle or two but nothing remeberable at all.

Not that you should be laughing at much of it, since comedy has never been Mario's forte. All you're supposed to do is give a grin and maybe a light chuckle at most. If you want to laugh in a game then pick up... well... there's nothing really recent of note. Maybe Psychonauts. Tim Shaffer was always pretty hilarious. Comedy in games is a lost artform, though. You'd need to pick up classics like Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Space Quest, or Leisure Suit Larry. Games today aren't really up to their standards. Hell, even LSL isn't up to LSL standards. = / (MCL I mean)

Moo2u
Apr 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-04-13 04:53, amtalx wrote:

Pick up the New Super Mario Brothers for the DS. AMAZING game, probably my favorite game for 2006.

As for Paper Mario, I loved the Thousand Year Door, I picked it up used cause I was curious, but I don't know...I'm a bit low on funds at the moment. I think I may wait for more Wii games to come out.

Kent
Apr 13, 2007, 10:39 PM
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/5374/trollinhv7.jpg

...w

Yeah, it looks like it might be fun.

ElfKitty
Apr 14, 2007, 12:08 AM
This game is FREAKING AWESOME! I've been playing it whenever I can for about 2 weeks- I'm dangerously close to the end of it now =( It's one of those games that I can't stop playing, and don't want it to end!!! I am a huge fan of the paper mario series, and while this one is different, it's just as good =)

Moo2u
Apr 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
On 2007-04-13 20:39, Kent wrote:
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/5374/trollinhv7.jpg

...w

Yeah, it looks like it might be fun.

Ok, that's pretty funny!

foamcup
Apr 14, 2007, 10:39 PM
*rents*

Hell yes! This is sweet. Gonna buy this after I return it to Blockbuster. Just like I did with The Thousand Year Door, lol.

MaximusLight
Apr 15, 2007, 12:52 AM
I really wish I had money for a Wii .....

foamcup
Apr 15, 2007, 07:09 AM
On 2007-04-14 22:52, MaximusLight wrote:
I really wish I had money for a Wii .....

Good luck finding one even if you did have the monies. So worth it though. Do whatever it takes to get teh monies! If you play games to have fun, get a Wii! If you play games so you can wave your e-dick around, get a PS3!

Link00seven
Apr 15, 2007, 09:44 AM
I'm looking forward to picking this one up - its next on my list to rent on Gamefly...once they receive New Super Mario Bros. that I sent back they should send Paper Mario out.

foamcup
Apr 15, 2007, 10:14 AM
Lawl! It's an action RPG, that's too sexy!