PDA

View Full Version : Breakin' it down, old skool!!

Moo2u
Apr 13, 2007, 05:58 PM
Sometimes I just get urges to listen to a certain type of music. Sometimes it's ska, sometimes it's bluegrass, sometimes it's a cappella tracks, hell sometimes it's polkas.

Right now I'm listening to Grandmaster Flash and am in the mood to listen to some old skool hip-hop. Any of you B-boys or Fly Girls got anything you might recommend?

AC9breaker
Apr 13, 2007, 06:02 PM
Big Daddy Kane for realz and The Pharcyde.

Edit: Tribe Called Quest

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-04-13 16:02 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Apr 13, 2007, 06:12 PM
I'm still stuck in Bluegrass, Oldies, and Punk. Sorry.

UnderscoreX
Apr 13, 2007, 06:49 PM
Anything by Run DMC
Naughty by Nature - Holiday
Are you a fan of the more Electro Hip Hop that was popular around that time if so check out Beastie Boys, Afrika Bambaataa's and The Soul Sonic Force etc
And The Low End Theory is the album you want by tribe called Quest
House of Pain - Jump Around
Some old Ice T was nice
And one of my favorite all time songs, Nice and smooth - Sometimes I rhyme slow.

And uh..Illmatic Is kinda old.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UnderscoreX on 2007-04-14 12:50 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 13, 2007, 06:51 PM
De La Soul - Me Myself and I

is always good.

DizzyDi
Apr 13, 2007, 10:06 PM
Anything by KRS-One.

Retehi
Apr 13, 2007, 10:55 PM
Public Enemy, Onyx, Positive K, Kid Frost, Warren G. . . just quick off the top of my head.

DizzyDi
Apr 13, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-04-13 20:55, Retehi wrote:
Public Enemy, Onyx, Positive K, Kid Frost, Warren G. . . just quick off the top of my head.

I'm gunna back Retehi up on Onyx, and PE. Never really listened to Positive K or Kid Frost.
Regulators is the only good song I've heard by Warren G, although I haven't listened to him extensively.

I'm also gunna throw out The Wu-Tang clan (especially their debut album), Afrika Bambataa, Afu-Ra isn't old school but he has that old school flow, Eric B & Rakim, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Slick Rick, and uh... The Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif

(Don't ya miss the 'ol MC+DJ combo? They just don't do it like they used to... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

Also: I thought this thread was going to be about that lame Jamie Kennedy movie coming out.
Jamie Kennedy acts black PART TWO, FOR ALL MY NI**AZ!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-04-13 21:40 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 14, 2007, 12:09 AM
On 2007-04-13 21:26, DizzyDi wrote:
Also: I thought this thread was going to be about that lame Jamie Kennedy movie coming out.
Jamie Kennedy acts black PART TWO, FOR ALL MY NI**AZ!

Don't be hatin!

I don't want to play it in the Hummer anymore! (that TV show about his album)

But seriously he's making another wiggity wiggity whack movie? Wasn't the Bob Saget song album enough! How long is this Jamie Kennedy experiment going to go on?!

UnderscoreX
Apr 14, 2007, 02:52 PM
Jump Jump Jump Jump.

kevlar_pso
Apr 16, 2007, 02:00 AM
Another Bad Creation, Salt-N-Peppa, "911 Is A Joke" (I had to plug Public Enemy), Tupac Atlanic Star

I'll post more after I wake up.