PDA

View Full Version : S rank weps....is there a diffrence?

Blur2168
Dec 9, 2002, 08:43 PM
I recentely lost my spread needle in FSOD and i was thinking i might do challenge mode-when it is up-to get another one. But i would like to know f there is a diffrence between the s-rank weapons and the real weapons. I meen there has to be some diffrence besides that you can grind them up to 99. why would someone want a s-rank saber if you can find the real one in normal forest or where ever. Are the s-rank weapons better? Are they worse, but they can become better if you grind them to the max?Please respond......

Al-Rappy
Dec 9, 2002, 08:47 PM
I think the S-Ranks are more powerful. Otherwise what is the point besides naming them?

Sapphire87
Dec 9, 2002, 09:17 PM
When they're grinded up to +99, they tend to be more powerful than their non S-ranked counterparts. In addition, the special is random, which can be a bad thing since if you have no control over it. There's nothing more frustrating than S/D the enemies by accident. Finally, the S-ranks slowly replenish your HP and TP as long as it's equiped.

Whatley
Dec 9, 2002, 10:02 PM
The random specials of s-rank weapons are:

Shifta
Deband
Jellen
Zalure
Freeze
Paralyze
Confuse
One hit kill
Steal HP.

I believe that is all of them. I might be missing one effect.

ABDUR101
Dec 9, 2002, 10:28 PM
On 2002-12-09 19:02, Whatley wrote:

Heal. Nothing makes you go "OMFG NOOO!!!" like healing an enemy.

Whatley
Dec 10, 2002, 12:16 AM
Oh yeah I remember that one. I was using s-rank mechs and the monster I was shooting was alive for the longest time. It kept healing it most of the time I used the special when I was trying to jellen and zalure it.

I also remember telling people not to use the special on the bosses because it would shifta and deband them almost all the time.

CajunSamurai
Dec 10, 2002, 12:32 AM
Oh man, yeah! The S-rank needle was probably THE best weapon in PSO V2, so much more powerful than the non S-rank version! The ultimate EXP grabber for uh, ultimate, but such a cheese weapon that tended to anger people with less cheesey weapons, such as us poor, starving FO with our pathetic spells.
Anyway, I'm expecting it to be the killer weapon it was before, but maybe a bit less so; it's RA only as far as I know, and probably a bit less powerful than before (seeing as Sonic Team is REALLY trying to keep things balanced).

And yeah, healing a monster sucks, but casting an S-rank's ULTRA HIGH LEVEL Shifta and/or Deband on an Ultimate Ruins monster was instant death; I believe those S-rank spells doubled the respective stat, from my research in battle mode. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Jellen and Zalure however ROCKED with an s-rank: brings ATP or DFP to zero = GIMPED.
Man, those weapons are amazing.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 10, 2002, 12:39 AM
Fun to go into BA mode with friends, s-rank shifta them (too hard to get both shifta and deband without getting instant kill in between =>_<=) and each take a separate area.

MPLe
Dec 10, 2002, 01:11 AM
On 2002-12-09 19:02, Whatley wrote:
The random specials of s-rank weapons are:

Shifta
Deband
Jellen
Zalure
Freeze
Paralyze
Confuse
One hit kill
Steal HP.

Steal TP.

Polenicus
Dec 10, 2002, 03:46 AM
On 2002-12-09 17:43, Blur2168 wrote:
I recentely lost my spread needle in FSOD and i was thinking i might do challenge mode-when it is up-to get another one. But i would like to know f there is a diffrence between the s-rank weapons and the real weapons. I meen there has to be some diffrence besides that you can grind them up to 99. why would someone want a s-rank saber if you can find the real one in normal forest or where ever. Are the s-rank weapons better? Are they worse, but they can become better if you grind them to the max?Please respond......

This is based off of V2 experience, of course, but generally S-ranks rated as some of the most powerful weapons in the game, rating up there with the 12 star rares. The most common and powerful included the s-rank twinsaber, s-rank mechguns and s-rank sword. It's likely they will be as, if not more, powerful this go around. An s-rank twin was my mainstay weapon all through V2 (Yes, it was legit, too).

However, keep in mind s-ranks, like enemy weapons, do not and CANNOT have %'s.

Zae
Dec 10, 2002, 12:46 PM
S rank Scyth i want it it very cool

Minneyar
Dec 10, 2002, 12:56 PM
On 2002-12-10 00:46, Polenicus wrote:

That's not entirely true... At least, in the DC version, enemy weapons identified in the online quest "Today's Rate" could have percents; in fact, I have a Delsaber's Buster with 10% native. ;-)

TeamPhalanx
Dec 10, 2002, 03:47 PM
I saw a lot of 60% S-RANK NEEDLE in the DC version... even though they were 180%...

CajunSamurai
Dec 10, 2002, 06:40 PM
I saw a lot of 60% S-RANK NEEDLE in the DC version... even though they were 180%... = HACKED. The lowest form of weaponry in all of PSO has gotta be that exact P.O.S. weapon: Hacked Like A Mutha Needle +99. If I ever see that on Episode 1&2, it's Xbox time for me. SNARL!!!

saffaya
Dec 10, 2002, 06:54 PM
Well .. Datel DID announce their GameShark for the Us (under the name Action Replay).
So that may well come true alas...

CajunSamurai
Dec 10, 2002, 07:01 PM
Yeah... I guess that's another topic altogether, though. I'd like to think that a bit of that damn $9 a month is going toward stuff like preventing cheating though. Guess we'll have to find out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

harmfulcow
Dec 11, 2002, 02:39 PM
i agree, those damn cheaters should see a cutscene where their character is shot in their f***ing face, and causing them to start the whole game over! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!oops went a bit overboard

The insatiable,
Doug

Polenicus
Dec 11, 2002, 03:49 PM
On 2002-12-10 09:56, Minneyar wrote:

On 2002-12-10 00:46, Polenicus wrote:

That's not entirely true... At least, in the DC version, enemy weapons identified in the online quest "Today's Rate" could have percents; in fact, I have a Delsaber's Buster with 10% native. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Really? You learn somethin' every day.

But unless they come up with a way to add %'s to weapons (i.e. another shop quest... some way to spend your Pdrops?) s-ranks won't have any %'s. not that they need them... with the way Ultimate has been toned down, and assuming s-rank stats stay the same, they should be more than sufficient to kick the piss out of whatever you're fighting.

Maelkith
Dec 11, 2002, 04:00 PM
I hope they didnt tame the srank mechguns, but I know those would do 900 damage per shot in ultimate now. They probably wont add the atp they used to.

Gazebo
Jan 16, 2003, 04:55 PM
I know man. S Rank Mechs=so cool........