PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Teen Movie

Axel3792
Apr 14, 2007, 12:32 AM
The show is great.

The movie... was interesting.

In a nutshell, Frylock has a VCR in his back, under the crystal, containing memories from their childhood-ish beginnings. The ATHF and Dr. Weird were created by an alien watermelon, and their mother is a giant white burrito. Also, the exercise machine is defeated, but it has millions of babies, which are left unresolved by the movie.

After the credits, Frylock is shown to have undergone his sex change.

Oh snap!? Yeah, that's what we said.

roygbiv
Apr 14, 2007, 02:14 PM
worth seeing?

DizzyDi
Apr 14, 2007, 02:29 PM
No.

From my post in FKL:

On 2007-04-13 20:08, DizzyDi wrote:
Shitsux.
I'm embarassed I paid money to see that thing.
Now don't get met wrong, I'm a fan of the show, but goddamn...
The show is good because its only 15 motherfucking minutes. The kinda humor that the show is good for does not translate well to motherfucking 87 minutes.
Goddamn that shit was horrible.
There are a few laughs, but they are few and far between.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-04-14 12:31 ]</font>

Axel3792
Apr 14, 2007, 04:30 PM
Don't waste your time.

Shattered_weasel
Apr 14, 2007, 05:50 PM
It sounds like it is a love/hate film to me.

DizzyDi
Apr 14, 2007, 06:13 PM
Mostly hate though, trust me.

Shattered_weasel
Apr 15, 2007, 02:14 AM
On 2007-04-14 16:13, DizzyDi wrote:
Mostly hate though, trust me.

Why should I trust you when I have heard from many more people that they loved it.

I'll do what I normally do and ignore you all and make my own assumptions.

Blitzkommando
Apr 15, 2007, 02:36 AM
I was sick of it just from the damned commercials that they've spammed for weeks on end.

Dkzero23
Apr 16, 2007, 07:38 PM
ATHF is good only in small doses. It seems like it might get annoying after 80 minutes. I'm sure I'll rent it when it comes out on dvd anyway.

Axel3792
Apr 16, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-04-16 17:38, Dkzero23 wrote:
ATHF is good only in small doses. It seems like it might get annoying after 80 minutes. I'm sure I'll rent it when it comes out on dvd anyway.

That's what my buddies said Friday. ATHF was meant to be shown in fifteen-minute slots only! Any more will make you want to kill yourself, someone else, or a local fast food joint employee...

Dek
Apr 17, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-04-15 00:36, Norvekh wrote:
I was sick of it just from the damned commercials that they've spammed for weeks on end.

I've haven't seen any commercials http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dek on 2007-04-16 22:03 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Apr 17, 2007, 04:01 AM
On 2007-04-16 22:02, Dek wrote:

On 2007-04-15 00:36, Norvekh wrote:

I've haven't seen any commercials http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dek on 2007-04-16 22:03 ]</font>

They've mainly spammed them during Adult Swim. And by spammed, usually at least two commercials per break is for it. I mean, sure they were somewhat clever the first time what with the Sousa marches playing and whatnot, but they got old fast.

OnnaWren
Apr 17, 2007, 11:24 AM
Well, since they (Williams Street?) didn't have any real advertising budget (Did you see any commercials on any other network? No? I didn't think so.), spamming on [AS] was the best that they could do to get the word out. That, and hawk on their website. Maybe there were commercials on other networks elsewhere, but not in the Boston area (Mayor Thomas Menino sucks ass with his Williams Street boycott).

As for the movie, I found it to be 87 minutes of inspired lunacy. Maybe it was because I wasn't high out of my gourd when watching it, but who knows? The cameos by Fred Armisen, Bruce Campbell and Tina Fey (and Willie-Nelson-the-attic-monster, and Space Ghost, and Rabbot, for that matter) were spot-on, but I thought that the Mooninites and MC Pee Pants were underused. They deserved better.

As for shit going unresolved, that seems to be a hallmark of the series (e.g. characters constantly getting killed, and then magically appearing none the worse for wear the next episode); I don't really mind. Carl himself died not once, but twice during the movie! Does it really matter? No, not really, because he'll always be there. They'll all always be there (except for Chicken Bittle, but if enough people react favorably to a oversized gung-ho suicidal chicken nugget, they may find a way to bring him back. Billywitchdoctor.com, anyone? CHICKEN, ARISE!).

Did anyone else find the fight between a muscle-suited mad scientist and a floating box of French fries awesome? Anyone?

I hope that the film makes enough money to insure if not a sequel, then at least a few more seasons of the TV show. But what with $2 million going to Boston for the Mooninite bomb scare, the net take over the weekend was $1.2 million.

What a waste. Maybe word of mouth and a few favorable reviews (Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly and the Boston Herald all gave favorable reviews) will corral a few more viewers?

Time to watch, wait, and see the movie for a third time once I get some spare change together. Hardcore? Maybe. Nuts? Maybe. I just want to make sure I've seen it all (And yes, I stayed after the credits. You should too.).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2007-04-17 15:22 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
I thought the movie was pretty hilarious, although its just not the same watching 90 minutes of randomness as it was to see 15 minutes of it. 90 is just a bit of overkill.

OnnaWren
Apr 17, 2007, 05:21 PM
Ooops, did I say "Kenny Rogers"? I meant Willie Nelson... I was under much duress to get off a slow-moving internet. My bad. *fixes previous post*

As if anyone noticed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif