PDA

View Full Version : Wartechers Ambition of Illuminus Reaction

-Asheth-
Apr 14, 2007, 01:34 PM
(DISCLAIMER)I know that there is a Ambition of Illumines reacation thread but i think that specific class topics would be a good idea too. since the posts pages are in the 50's now to weed through it would take sometime and there would probably be alot of double posts. *Phew* ok there is my reason to make this topic lol.

Now for me my reaction is yay, and win but on the other hand it is oh no acrotechers. Im trying to keep an eye on there projected stats and what ppl are saying about them. It sounds like from the last post i read someone said they are a Fortetecher that has some melee ability but not as affective as a wartecher at melee. When i first read about them i they sounded uber and the notion crossed my mind maybe i may have to switch. I lean on the side of casting more than melee. But i do enjoy getting in there sometimes. Now with the 30 attack techs coming and the 30 skills coming that is fantastic. This now gives me reason to play PSU again. What about the rest of the WT's out there what do you ladies and gents think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Asheth- on 2007-04-14 11:53 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 14, 2007, 01:42 PM
Acrotecher = healbot

Wartecher = old fortefighter + old fortetecher + madoog

Sekani
Apr 14, 2007, 01:43 PM
If the beta information doesn't change, then wartechers will be getting the two playstyle fixes they needed the most: left-handed casting weapons, and an increase in the melee PA limit. They will continue to be the superior melee-tech hybrid class over acrotechers because of the latter's limited melee ability and focus on support.

Whether or not the increased offensive ability will appease the stat-whores remains to be seen, but I'm hyped for the class changes.

-Asheth-
Apr 14, 2007, 01:53 PM
Yea same here im very pleased with the changes. Also the addition of S-rank wands is a good fix too. I think that is why acrotechers get so many sranks compared to us and we only get 3 is because if not then wartechers would be broken. Which was my first reaction upon seeing the stats for acrotechers but if there atp is not as high but there evasion is higher then i can see there balance by allowing them to have that many s-ranks i wonder what there hp looks like as well. I wish they would have at least gave us s-rank single claws too.

Rashiid
Apr 14, 2007, 01:56 PM
Wartechs will probably be #4 in the list of popular classes.

my theory is:

#1-#2) Acrofighter-Acrotecher
#3) Fortetecher
#4) Wartecher
#5) Figunner
#6) Guntecher

and others random

Xaeris
Apr 14, 2007, 01:58 PM
S-ranks don't necessarily replace A-ranks, especially in melee. So far, we've seen that the non-double saber weapons have their elements fixed. So the fact that acrotechers get more S-ranks than us doesn't really bother me seeing as all they get are those S-ranks. If you look at their weapons, you see the only two handed melee weapon they can use are daggers. Compare that to our fists, polearms and twin sabers and it's fairly easy to see that stats aside, we have the clear edge in melee.

So I don't really begrudge their superior teching ability. Shoot, I get a Lv 4 Foie; that's all I ever really wanted.

Natrokos
Apr 14, 2007, 08:25 PM
Theres no real negative reaction from me. I wouldve been satisfied with S wands and 30 techs everything else is just awesome.

I have been a Wartecher for a very very long time...I became a Wartecher a couple minutes after it became available and I havent switched yet and have no intent of doing so. This is my class.

ShinMaruku
Apr 14, 2007, 08:51 PM
Right move in the right direction but will also check out Arcotecher as well. Thank God for my PS3 multiple memcard explit.

pionear
Apr 14, 2007, 08:51 PM
You really think that those new classes will be more popular than Fighgunners?

Maybe for awhile because they are new, but I think most people will go back to one of the other classes.

-Asheth-
Apr 14, 2007, 09:38 PM
Yea i think ppl will try the new classes but will go back to there old classes. I wonder what acrotechers atp will be compared to wartechers any stats out?

Soukosa
Apr 14, 2007, 10:16 PM
Wartechers will always outdue Acrotechers in terms of melee combat. WTs have better HP, ATP, and DFP on top of a much better melee weapon selection. I think what ST intends is for both classes to be melee/tech hybrids but with WTs more aimed at melee and ATs aimed more towards techs. At least from what I've seen, melee is more effective on a WT with techs for support and then techs is more effective on an AT with melee there to support it. So if you're WT that likes the style I see in it then you shouldn't worry about any other class over taking you.

On 2007-04-14 11:56, Rashiid wrote:
Wartechs will probably be #4 in the list of popular classes.

my theory is:

#1-#2) Acrofighter-Acrotecher
#3) Fortetecher
#4) Wartecher
#5) Figunner
#6) Guntecher

and others random

Maybe for the first week http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Then everyone will realize that they're not "WTF Powerful" and lose interest. Plus so many people hate EVP and no matter how hard you try (even a cast with yohmei) you will be blocking attacks alot since they have alot of EVP, especially AFs o.O

-Asheth-
Apr 14, 2007, 10:55 PM
yea i think so at first ppl will try it out and then the ones that like it will stay and others would switch to other class

LTrav2k
Apr 15, 2007, 10:49 AM
Wartechers look like they'll truly be built for war in the expansion. Level 30 Skill PAs and Level 30 attack techs coupled with S-rank wands was a great move in the offensive field. We still have reasonably decent support techs, but now we'll have a better reason to want someone else to cast support techs on us while we're in a group. That in turn will free up our palette for debuffs and other utlilty spells (i.e. Megiverse). I can't wait!!

Kent
Apr 15, 2007, 09:51 PM
I'm going to be coming back to the game, for what the expansion is doing for Wartechers.

They'll be closer to how one would correctly play a FOmar of late - an offensive force, in both melee physical and technique damage (FOmar was a very offensively-oriented Force character, for those who don't remember/didn't realize). However, this time around... Level 20 bullets? That means we get the extra projectile on Cards, and bonus elemental damage for them and Longbows.

So that's three very good forms of attack, but not the absolute best in any of them. Add in support techniques from yourself or your allies, and you've got even better non-Technique damage going on.

That's the kind of character I like - offensively-oriented, and able to exploit (to any applicable extent) the weakness(es) of enemies you come across. Specialization in versatility = my kind of thing. It's just better now, than it was before (especially with Madoogs as a left-handed casting weapon now).

Soukosa
Apr 16, 2007, 02:38 AM
Someone gave me some pics of stats of their char on AoI so I could figure out the lv 10 stat mods for AT and AF. Since I didn't have the base stats for their level they gave me the stats for all classes so I could figure them out. Turns out that they're all lv 10 and they all changed since the current version. This includes Wartechers.

New stats on the beta (current ones for those changed in partenthesis):
HP: 130%
ATP: 112% (100%)
ATA: 80%
TP: 112% (94%)
DFP: 122% (120%)
EVP: 160%
MST: 130% (110%)
STA: 100%

I think it's clear what ST intends with this class now. Kent's post sums up what I see now rather well, so I'll leave it at that.

Kimil
Apr 16, 2007, 07:34 PM
Topic Merge! lol

Okay, in the expansion wartechers ( along with every other class ) recieved a boost... Wartechers got s rank wands ( yay! ) and 30 attack techs while their support techs stayed at 20... this would be fine to me, if only the support tech cap wasn't raised fro 30 to 50 aking 20 level support techs seem weak...

Wartecher went from being the second best support tech class ( Fortetecher 30, Wartecher 20, Guntecher 10) to being the WORST support tech class ( Acrotecher 50, Fortetecher 40, Guntecher 30, Wartecher 20 ). The strong-ish support techs were the reason I became a wartecher in the first place, so this seems like a letdown to me...

Here's the question:
To those of us who currently play as wartechers, who wishes the support tech level was higher ( at least like lvl 30 or something ) and who is concidering becoming an acrotecher? who's thinking of giving up the side job of a demi-techer for fortefighter, fighunner or Acrofighter?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-16 17:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-16 17:49 ]</font>

Gryffin
Apr 16, 2007, 07:36 PM
I intend on having my main be a Wartecher/Acrotecher/Guntecher but primarily Acrotecher.

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 07:37 PM
since when did people want so support http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif (w/ the exception of Ryno)

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 07:38 PM
On 2007-04-16 17:37, Rashiid wrote:
since when did people want so support http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif (w/ the exception of Ryno)

*cough*

Kimil
Apr 16, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-04-16 17:38, Sychosis wrote:

*cough*

( here too )

Retehi
Apr 16, 2007, 07:40 PM
Wartecher.

omegapirate2k
Apr 16, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-04-16 17:34, Kimil wrote:
Here's the question:
To those of us who currently play as wartechers, who wishes the support tech level was higher ( at least like lvl 30 or something ) and who is concidering becoming an acrotecher? who's thinking of giving up the side job of a demi-techer for fortefighter, fighunner or Acrofighter?

Well, seeing as how I'm just levelling wartecher for the mission points to mean something, I'm going to have to say I'm giving it up.

And you know, resta at level 20 can still be a beautiful thing.

Xaeris
Apr 16, 2007, 07:42 PM
Sure I wish it were higher. I was looking forward to using Megistar for the sake of style. Just seems like it'd be kinda useless now at a 20 cap. Otherwise, meh. I'll be sticking with wartecher; a 30 cap on offensive skills is nothing to sneeze (Lv 4 Burn, wewt) and quite frankly, I think I'd go nuts being an acrotecher with its piddly melee options. No fists, no polearms, no twin sabers...eww.

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 07:43 PM
You might wanna get that cough check Syc, might be worse then ya think.

Wartech (as stated above) is for fighting and teching (word?).

nowhere does it state its support.....(unless it does)

your ment for damage in both melee and magic.

Rashiid
Apr 16, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-04-16 17:38, Sychosis wrote:

*cough*

o, and you might wanna change ur headline too Mr. Forteattacktecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kimil
Apr 16, 2007, 07:48 PM
I know that Wartecher wasn't inteded to be a support class by Sega, but it ended up that way because it had the second highest support techs.

Wartechers seemed to always be:
First Aid
In battle buffing
Debuffing.

I RARELY saw any wartecher using attach techs! except a few newman wartechers, which I found to be rare in compairison to Beast wartechers

Sychosis
Apr 16, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-04-16 17:44, Rashiid wrote:

o, and you might wanna change ur headline too Mr. Forteattacktecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's a bit of a sarcastic title to show my dislike at being removed from my support role and being placed into an attack role (comparatively speaking of course) because ST said so.

It'll be a cold day in Hell before I abandon my Psycho Wand.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 16, 2007, 08:37 PM
Has it been said before?

Madoogs will mean an increase in spellcasting Wartechers. Why? Before there was not enough space on the palette for buffs AND attack techs, now there is. And cards are still the only 1 handed ranged option worth considering, so there is plenty of room on the palette for them. Yay!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

tailz
Apr 16, 2007, 10:42 PM
i picked wartecher after maxing fighgunner n fortefighter (which was a bad choice, but i didnt wanna waste mission points). However, since i did this, i had most of my melee's - at least the ones i cared about - past 20, and most of my bullets at 20 or just under. Im not gonna lie, i have pretty much hated wartecher the entire time cuz of the stat drops (i was also a fortetecher to lv 4, n since i only have 8 or so techs, i had most of them to 15s n 20s b4 i went wT). But even tho im much weaker n theres hardly any PAs i have left to level, nuthin beats goin thru missions without a single ~mate. I can bring NPCs/PM n keep em alive (since we all kno theyre douchebags, especially bruce), and buff when i have to. But my main point i was heading to was that i have each of my buffs at 20, yay for me. However, there is ALMOST always at least one fortetecher in my party who has 21+ buffs. So ya, 20 buffs is a bummer for soloing(20 resta is the worst problem IMO) but keep in mind that now theres gonna be 3 other classes around who most likely have much higher buffs anyways. I kno wut it took to get supports to 20... but 50? id rather let AT's do the work lol especially if ST stops buff parties http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Apr 17, 2007, 12:39 AM
On 2007-04-16 17:34, Kimil wrote:
Wartecher went from being the second best support tech class ( Fortetecher 30, Wartecher 20, Guntecher 10) to being the WORST support tech class ( Acrotecher 50, Fortetecher 40, Guntecher 30, Wartecher 20 ). The strong-ish support techs were the reason I became a wartecher in the first place, so this seems like a letdown to me...

I don't think ST ever intended for WT to be a strong support class, if support at all. Though like GT, it's not really easy to tell what they intended. Though, it does seem clear now that they understand that concept that a class with high defensive stats and strong buffs is broken in terms of balance. Granted, a strong offensive class is more or less the same way and thus why they didn't give the highest support techs to FT.

LTrav2k
Apr 18, 2007, 11:16 AM
I was hoping to have a nice boost from Megistar also, but the expansion is still going to provide a few things. The Madoogs will let wartechers bind minor debuffs and buffs to them which will free up wands tremendously. From what I understand the TP rating is lower on the Madoogs, so it'll be great to have technics on them which does not need higher TP to be effective. Plus, it'll allow the buffs/debuffs to be able to regen while we are fighting in melee http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

This frees up slots for more attack spells with the same amount of pallette space. We're also going to have a better swing in TP since we'll be able to use S rank wands also. Even with the wands, you'll be able to have space for cards/madoogs to customize our elemental flexibility more.

At level 20 debuffs, we can still perform the initial debuffs in order to give everyone time to become situated in the fight... and other classes can overwrite them with higher disablements with a bit more safety.

We're getting level 30 skills to improve our melee prowess, level 30 attack technics (note we are still the only class with access to S rank wands outside of FT which can possibly make us the still distant second place in attack technics), and even level 20 bullets will help us out with more damage on cards.

We'll be able to support decently based on the stats we have with spells now, if no one else is around... and we'll still be able to heal everyone around us if things turn bad. I like the direction WT is going because it feels that some of the damage production we were missing to round us out will be available in the expansion.

Allison_W
Apr 18, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-04-16 17:48, Sychosis wrote:

It's a bit of a sarcastic title to show my dislike at being removed from my support role and being placed into an attack role (comparatively speaking of course) because ST said so.

Well, you do have to consider that A) you're actually getting better support techs than you have now and B) every other Fortetecher and their dog whined about having to do support before. What this adds up to is that A) you still have perfectly good support techs and B) Fortetechers who want to nuke aren't going to be expected to be 24/7 support.

LTrav2k
Apr 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
Oh!!! I just realized that our close combat help is going to improve even more with the expansion... don't Gizonde and Gidiga have a chance to knock down victims once they are 21+?

Gamemako
Apr 19, 2007, 10:18 AM
On 2007-04-19 08:09, LTrav2k wrote:
Oh!!! I just realized that our close combat help is going to improve even more with the expansion... don't Gizonde and Gidiga have a chance to knock down victims once they are 21+?

Not online. Bows offline do that as well, but not online.

Sychosis
Apr 19, 2007, 10:45 AM
On 2007-04-18 14:18, Allison_W wrote:

On 2007-04-16 17:48, Sychosis wrote:

Well, you do have to consider that A) you're actually getting better support techs than you have now and B) every other Fortetecher and their dog whined about having to do support before. What this adds up to is that A) you still have perfectly good support techs and B) Fortetechers who want to nuke aren't going to be expected to be 24/7 support.

Yes but:

A) My tech support role outside of resta/reverser is 0 once an AT steps into the game. And even regarding resta/reverser, its only when the AT is asleep on the job or he/she him/herself is silenced.

and

B) I didn't. I fail to see why some tard's complaining should push me out of my desired role and make me overhaul my character plan.

I was planning on removing a number of attack techs to make room for a few other PAs, but now I have to rethink this as attack techs are now my new primary concern.

LTrav2k
Apr 19, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-04-19 08:18, Gamemako wrote:

On 2007-04-19 08:09, LTrav2k wrote:

Not online. Bows offline do that as well, but not online.

Dang, that would have been so helpful. I guess I still shouldn't argue with the extra damage and SE levels though. It'll give us a chance at applying an SE to some tougher mobs now.

SStrikerR
Apr 19, 2007, 07:24 PM
what will fighgunners get in terms of weapons and ranks after AOI comez out?

Kimil
Apr 19, 2007, 11:54 PM
Okay, I just realized the effectiveness of Gi Spells the other day for WT ( gizonde and gidiga atm, working on gibarta too ).

With AoI, WT will get a big ability boost as far as attack techs go, and techs will become much easier to use with my melee ability with Mags on the left hand so I'm spending time with them right now.

Now, I'm a beast WT so I know my attack tech ability is very limited which is the reason I only use tech in specific situations:

Gizonde - for earth bots, worms
Gidiga/Diga - for lightning bots and bees
Dambarta - crowd control, worms and fire bots
Gibarta - fire bots.

I want to know the opinions of WTs and fTs on these spells and elements:

Fire - I haven't found a use for fire attach techs, seems there are no ice elemental enemies that I can't already take down with my 36% fire Asami Zashi. Is there ever going to be a reason to use fire attack techs (in AoI) ? and is the burn SE useful or should I stick to my fire daggers?

Dark - I just synthed a 44% Dark Bucaneer... * cough cough * so I'm not worried about light enemies. But should I get at least one spell of this element?

DAMspells - I heard that Wartechers should use these... Why?

Foie - worth the PA spot?

RAspells - I guessing since I'm a WT and close up in the frey, these are useless?

Gimegid - I'm looking into this one... I'm not sure what to make of it really... Worth it?

NOSUspells - I have some 70-odd PAFs on the side right now, since WT is going to get at least lvl 30 attack spells, should I get one of these spells?

...or A I fine with what I have already?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 19, 2007, 11:57 PM
I play Beast WT, and the only attack techs I ever use are Diga, and very rarely Foie. With attck techs going up to level 30, I'd probably still only use those 2, but I'd use Foie more often, because Burn 4 is quite nice for annoying things like Tengohgs.

-Asheth-
Apr 20, 2007, 12:07 AM
Gizonde gets what se effect at lvl 11?

-Asheth-
Apr 20, 2007, 12:09 AM
I razonde at lvl 8 *sheesh* but gizonde looks interesting especially for the se but im not sure what levels each have at 11 right now razonde is lvl 2 shock below 10

LTrav2k
Apr 20, 2007, 09:54 AM
So, from the stats posted ATP appears to be up 12% also with ATA staying the same, so we'll hurt a bit more in melee than we have before.

Post AoI wartecher 10 TP's at 112% instead of 94% as it is now. That's quite a big jump for us, along with the fact that we will be able to use S rank wands. Does anyone think that will close the gap further for teching with acrotecher in reference to attack techs since they'll cap out at A rank wands? Or because of grinding opportunities, will it just be something to consider a long time from now... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kimil, the only Dam spell I use right now is dambarta. The damage is decent, it lasts for a while... and it's the only opportunity we have at the moment for a level 3 Freeze SE. The PP consumption isn't too bad on it either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LTrav2k on 2007-04-20 08:01 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Apr 20, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-04-19 21:54, Kimil wrote:
Gimegid - I'm looking into this one... I'm not sure what to make of it really... Worth it?

Do you mean megiverse?

Kimil
Apr 20, 2007, 08:10 PM
Ok, I'll stick with Dambarta then, thanks LTrav2k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2007-04-20 12:38, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-04-19 21:54, Kimil wrote:

Do you mean megiverse?

Uh, Ya! Lmao sry, It just has the same symbol as a Gi spell So I got them mixed up

Oniko
Apr 20, 2007, 08:31 PM
Acrotecher looks interesting, and surely by level 41+ buffs, the whole chasing that annoying FG/FF/otherassortedmelee halfway across the map cause he doesn't understand buffs have limited range wont be as big of a deal. However, I think Wartecher just appeals to me more than being that supportive role.

The 30 Attack PA's and Tech's, as well as 20 Bullets(yay third card) are more than enough for me to be happy, even with the same 20 support tech's. Madoogs and S rank wands also make the teching aspect more interesting. Plus, we get whips ^-^

LTrav2k
Apr 21, 2007, 08:50 AM
Kimil, I'm very fond of Megiverse myself. It's kind of like Dambarta powerwise, but with a more neutral element for most planets. The HP steal for wartechers is nice because with a lot of enemies we can almost break even if we're struck later in the casting. The damage versus light mobs is nothing to play with either, especially since it has unlimited targets within the field.