PDA

View Full Version : GC: How to get the purrfect camera angle

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 9, 2002, 11:35 PM
Hold down the L button while plugging in or turning on a controller in port 4. When you push the L button down completely until it digital clicks, you can move the camera with the control stick without the camera frame.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif Meow.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 9, 2002, 11:40 PM
I believe this is common knowledge for most people who know how to take snap shots. But if you REALLY want to get the perfect camera angle, you need to reach into the system and kick the little camera man's ***.. Er, butt.

rbf2000
Dec 9, 2002, 11:48 PM
On 2002-12-09 20:35, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
Hold down the L button while plugging in or turning on a controller in port 4. When you push the L button down completely until it digital clicks, you can move the camera with the control stick without the camera frame.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif Meow.

That's a good tip. Are you still able to zoom in at all, or just move the camera to where you want it?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 9, 2002, 11:52 PM
R still zooms. Up/Down on digital pad zooms just a tiny bit...
Too bad A button doesn't zoom, pupupu. No more fishbowl shots.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 10, 2002, 12:08 AM
On 2002-12-09 20:52, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
R still zooms. Up/Down on digital pad zooms just a tiny bit...
Too bad A button doesn't zoom, pupupu. No more fishbowl shots.

.. But don't get too excited. The R button moves the camera closer as what seems to be a difference of (not very much)..

RagMasterRappy
Dec 10, 2002, 12:09 AM
That's a good tip. Are you still able to zoom in at all, or just move the camera to where you want it?

Eh, excuse me. You're the same person who wrote the snap shot guide, right?

pErFeCt_34
Dec 10, 2002, 12:13 AM
Rag this is diffrent because it eliminates the annoying screen shot window so now people with capture cards can take better vid caps.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 10, 2002, 12:19 AM
On 2002-12-09 21:13, pErFeCt_34 wrote:
Rag this is diffrent because it eliminates the annoying screen shot window so now people with capture cards can take better vid caps.

I'm aware of that. That's how I often do it, but for some reason, it almost seemed like something that was almost intutitive at this point. Maybe that's just me, but now I can't tell based on rbf's response.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2002-12-09 21:19 ]</font>

rbf2000
Dec 10, 2002, 12:44 AM
I don't see how intuitive it is to press the L button while plugging in the controller to avoid have the "snapshot screen". I myself would never have thought of it. For some reason I think you are confusing this with the normal way to move the camera around, which involves the "camera graphic".

And that guide, if you had read it, was for uploading pictures.

Normal picture
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze4bqz4/pic3.jpg
Snapple camera adjustment picture
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze4bqz4/pic1.jpg
Normal camera adjustment picture
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze4bqz4/pic2.jpg

EDIT: For some reason, I stopped mid-sentance...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-12-09 22:41 ]</font>

Aryn
Dec 10, 2002, 11:13 PM
... that's nice, but I also have dibs on rbf's forum sig. *drooling*

Angelz0r
Dec 10, 2002, 11:19 PM
( Off Topic : Nice sig rbf )

As for the tip. Thanks, Ill fool around with it when I recieve PSO for xmas. Dont worry im no "Pso n00b" I had it on my dc which I lost ;_;. Dont ask me how but hey I lost it. I had a LV.97 RAMAR offline.

Abaddon
Dec 11, 2002, 05:25 AM
w00 double post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

i'll remember that tip if i ever get a GC and the GC version.

(damn its been a while since i posted in general) O_o

MajinSSJVegetto
Dec 11, 2002, 03:29 PM
I remember on the DC version you could use the 4th controller to switch your view to that of team mates.

This was very helpful if say, you get lost, or your bored.

Can you still do this?
If so, how?

If not, I hate sega!

RagMasterRappy
Dec 11, 2002, 04:45 PM
On 2002-12-11 12:29, MajinSSJVegetto wrote:
I remember on the DC version you could use the 4th controller to switch your view to that of team mates.

This was very helpful if say, you get lost, or your bored.

Can you still do this?
If so, how?

If not, I hate sega!

Yeah, that was a cool trick. I doubt you can do it in this version, though.

Zae
Dec 11, 2002, 04:47 PM
I barly hold down the r button to keep it around me that allways seems to work

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 11, 2002, 04:57 PM
I think you hold L+R and push up/down on the digital pad in port 4. I remember doing this with EP I & II online, but it could've been a dream.

Ruby-chan
Dec 12, 2002, 01:00 AM
Speaking of video capture cards, what kind of cards/setups are you people using, anyway? Anyone know of one that'll take input from a DVI (Or VGA thanks to the latest VGA cord I saw) connection?

CrashCat
Dec 13, 2002, 11:46 AM
On 2002-12-11 13:57, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
I think you hold L+R and push up/down on the digital pad in port 4. I remember doing this with EP I & II online, but it could've been a dream.

I tried that in the mines last night and it works great. It was fun to use while waiting for someone to catch up, and fun if you want to drive yourself nuts while trying to fight enemies by looking at yourself on someone else's screen. Doesn't seem to work in town (or the lobby, of course) though. There was an odd glitch we had last night too, someone kept dying to a pair of gilchics that weren't there. I actually don't know for sure WHAT the monsters were, we could see him shoot and get knocked down and killed by thin air, but there were no enemies on my screen. Apparently when I was standing over his corpse he could see them attacking me. Whee!

IceBurner
Feb 3, 2003, 11:25 PM
I've encountered the Phantom Gilchic while playing with my girlfriend ... I tried to distract it from knocking her around by running around her. We've also encountered phantom Dubchic repair terminals, my teammates couldn't see them yet I could see and shoot them.

Gazebo
Feb 4, 2003, 01:20 AM
You guys use the 3rd control port and do that trick. (I'm talking about the one to see other people's views) I believe that it works only on the 3rd one. But, I dunno been awhile since I used it.