PDA

View Full Version : question for the forces out there...

Blue-Hawk
Dec 9, 2002, 11:45 PM
whats a good lever for a fonewearl to beat normal falz on? im a fonewearl, currently lv 25 as of this posting, soon to be 26.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 9, 2002, 11:48 PM
As you can see from my avatar, I have a picture of a force so that makes me more than qualified to post a response here. You should be able to kick butt at level 20 the way the system's set up, but forces might want to hold off until level 30 just to be super extra safe.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 9, 2002, 11:58 PM
its that death rain he does on the secon form. keeps killing me.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 10, 2002, 12:05 AM
On 2002-12-09 20:58, blue-hawk wrote:
its that death rain he does on the secon form. keeps killing me.

You're casting shifta/deband/zalure/jellen, right? It might help lower Falz's attack power and increase your defense. But if I were you, I'd get a 4 slot armor and equip the best HP boosters that I could find.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 10, 2002, 12:08 AM
*smacks self in the head* doh! forgot about those. >_<
so used to playing as a hunter. never was a very good force player.

CajunSamurai
Dec 10, 2002, 12:23 AM
Exactly, you'll wanna equip as many general/HP (or digger/HP if that's all you can get) as you possibly can. His death rain thing is REAL nasty, and there's no way to lower its damage as far as I know, so you'll just have to make sure your HP are high enough. This becomes a much bigger problem for us FO at VH, and even moreso at Ultimate, but it's still managable... usually. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
And of course, make sure you're STOCKED on fluids of any kind you can afford; probably mono and di at around your level. Scape dolls work nicely too... His last form in Normal uses rabarta that has always has a nasty habit of doing a double hit on me and sometimes killing me. To avoid this it's best to just move a few steps away from his right side, or equip an ice resistant unit.
Good luck, you should be able to take him down. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blue-Hawk
Dec 10, 2002, 01:38 AM
woo hoo! i did it at lv 26!

CajunSamurai
Dec 10, 2002, 01:45 AM
Congrats!
Falz --> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif <-- You

BonusKun
Dec 10, 2002, 04:50 AM
On 2002-12-09 20:48, RagMasterRappy wrote:
As you can see from my avatar, I have a picture of a force so that makes me more than qualified to post a response here. You should be able to kick butt at level 20 the way the system's set up, but forces might want to hold off until level 30 just to be super extra safe.

Actually having a picture of a Force doesn't make you more qualified for anything. If a picture is based on experience of the poster then I dare say we are all in a world of poo if that came about.

I just found that to be a very arrogant comment from my point of view. I would have expected something a lot more less snobbish if you had said that I've logged in a lot of hours playing a force so I think I might be able to offer adivce to help you in the game.

The only thing I ever respect is pure experience and playing skill when it comes to all games.

I.E. When I play Ultimate Mode and I see a Force kickin the crap out of monsters with S/D Jellen Zalure with a lot of mixing with offensive techs then that Fo has my respect.

Ever since V2 Ult I gave 100% Respect for good Forces in an Ultimate team.

CrashCat
Dec 10, 2002, 06:50 AM
I think he was joking about the avatar pic...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Dec 10, 2002, 08:07 AM
So serious......

Alena Zouryx
Dec 10, 2002, 12:26 PM
Well I myself am an Ult Force (I beat V Hard at level 71...pretty good for a FOmarl, eh?) and I honestly try not to use Jellen and Zalure. I mean, if you're just gonna give respect to those FOs who use those techs, you should at least give credit to the melee-based FOs like me. I just blast baddies with my 1.5x Grants lvl 24 and beat 'em with my Rappy's Fan, all the while supporting everyone with Zalure (Yes, I do use it..), S/D, Anti and Resta. I've been told several times that I play a Force quite well, because I can avoid attacks and I know the proper timing of the casting of the spells.

If you're going to give respect to FOs just for using Z/J and S/D, you're judging on a wrong basis. The ultimate Force should focus on caring for his/her teammates, especially the FOmarl (like me) who has stronger support spells than the other FOs, and cast high-level spells that can get a trapped teammate out of a bind.

It's all about support. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

RagMasterRappy
Dec 10, 2002, 12:51 PM
On 2002-12-10 01:50, BonusKun wrote:
Actually having a picture of a Force doesn't make you more qualified for anything. If a picture is based on experience of the poster then I dare say we are all in a world of poo if that came about.

I just found that to be a very arrogant comment from my point of view. I would have expected something a lot more less snobbish if you had said that I've logged in a lot of hours playing a force so I think I might be able to offer adivce to help you in the game.

The only thing I ever respect is pure experience and playing skill when it comes to all games.

Oops, too bad I can't post sarcasm here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Corelton
Dec 10, 2002, 05:37 PM
Not to change the subject or anything... but obviously since you ALL know a thing or two about Forces what are those two techs Magid and Grants? I have quite a bit exp. as a force (seeing as I have never played as anything else) and I have never seen Magid or Grants.. What are they?

hucasts_rock
Dec 10, 2002, 06:02 PM
On 2002-12-10 14:37, Corelton wrote:
Not to change the subject or anything... but obviously since you ALL know a thing or two about Forces what are those two techs Magid and Grants? I have quite a bit exp. as a force (seeing as I have never played as anything else) and I have never seen Magid or Grants.. What are they?

grants is an awsome light attack...it is very powerful to most monsters (especially 2nd form of falz)...I only hits one enemy though...megid is a tech that can instantly kill an enemy...I rarely use it though...and a lot of the tomes magid fails :|...

P.S.-sorry for changing the subject

CajunSamurai
Dec 10, 2002, 06:53 PM
If you're going to give respect to FOs just for using Z/J and S/D, you're judging on a wrong basis. The ultimate Force should focus on caring for his/her teammates, especially the FOmarl (like me) who has stronger support spells than the other FOs, and cast high-level spells that can get a trapped teammate out of a bind.No, I'm definitely not saying that only S/D/J/Z will gain you songs of praise... It's certainly a nice place to start, however. It's up to the player to master everything else, down to the minute details of back stepping, flanking, and prediction.
A great FO is easy to spot... as there really aren't that many around. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And yes... Grants is a single hit blast of light for massive holy damage, works wonders when casted as a FOmarl (x1.5 damage!!), and does tons of damage to a few specific monsters.
Megid is the darkness counterpart, and really is nowhere near as potent or useful. Unless you have a Lv30 megid, it'll usually take several castings of the spell in order for it to hit a target, and from my experience, it almost ALWAYS misses Ultimate monsters. Might be a little better in Episode 1&2, but from what I've seen it's as much of a TP waste as it was before.

BonusKun
Dec 10, 2002, 11:37 PM
If you're going to give respect to FOs just for using Z/J and S/D, you're judging on a wrong basis.

Did you just breeze my post or totally ignore what I said here being..

I.E. When I play Ultimate Mode and I see a Force kickin the crap out of monsters with S/D Jellen Zalure with a lot of mixing with offensive techs then that Fo has my respect.

If you're going to try and tell me I'm wrong on something at least read my whole post before you try to school someone aight?

Alena Zouryx
Dec 11, 2002, 12:17 PM
Well excuuuuse me!! You specifically said that you give respect to Forces who cast Shifta/Deband, Zalure/Jellen, and offensive techs. That is judging on the wrong basis. -.-;; You should base your judgment on the skill of the player, not on the types of techs that they decide to use. Sheezus. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Goza
Dec 11, 2002, 12:35 PM
I'm thinking about taking my level 28 FOnewearl to Normal Dark Falz this weekend. I planned on going with Dragon/HP, 2 Resist/Holy, and either an Angel/Mind++ or a Wizard/Technique.

Does anyone have an attack set that works best for him? I have a Hildebear's cane, amplifier of barta, and pretty much all techs. I was thinking probably barta and zonde plus healing and fluids on my buttons.

BonusKun
Dec 11, 2002, 12:56 PM
On 2002-12-11 09:17, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
Well excuuuuse me!! You specifically said that you give respect to Forces who cast Shifta/Deband, Zalure/Jellen, and offensive techs. That is judging on the wrong basis. -.-;; You should base your judgment on the skill of the player, not on the types of techs that they decide to use. Sheezus. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Jesus man can you not read?

If you're not getting what I'm saying let's try again. Read the part highlighted in Bold text.

If you're going to say I'm wrong at least read my posts instead of drifting over it.

If I'm commenting on the basis of techs the FO is using don't you think it would stand to reason that the FO might be a good player VS a Fo running around capping things with mechs all day and not even casting a single reseta unless they take or a hit and not even bother to do support.

From my post I would say it's a fine example of force play unless you want to go into finite details on the basis of how people play forces.

Generally I shouldn't have to explain it this deep seeing as you obviously know how to play a force as well as I do but to sit there and try to belittle me like you're a better player only because I didn't bother to go into the debate of weather or a not a good force has physical attacks set as a shortcut or not is not the point I'm driving home.

I said it once I'll say it again

When a force does full support with techs involving s/d, j/z and mixing of offensive techs, then they have my respect.

It would be the same as saying that seeing a force beat on crap with a Saber, Double Saber or Mechguns in Ultimate is stupid because it's a waste of time for a FO to beat on something physically when their techs at that time should be able to dish out much more damage.

Next time actually try to comprehend the meaning of my post and you might find that I actually agree with you but I have zero tolernace for people trying to talk down to me like I don't know what the hell I'm on about...

Jesus...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2002-12-11 10:13 ]</font>

Wang_Tang
Dec 11, 2002, 02:19 PM
Well then. as long as you have a fair amount of scape dolls and some powerful techs you should be fine. With my FOmar i beat him at like lvl 23 or 24 or something with high lvl zonde, club of zumiuran equipped, and lvl 15 grants. Of course that would be difficult to do if you dont have your own lvl 149 hunewearl supplying your force with gear and techs...