PDA

View Full Version : Think outside the Reconbox (my first!)

Nitro Vordex
Apr 16, 2007, 12:58 AM
This is my first fanfic, so please go easy on me.

~Pioneer 2, Ship13, Block84, 500 beats~

"Gah! There is no way you just beat me!!"
"Face it, I'm just better at fighting games than you!"
"How about I show you how to fight?!"
"You saw how well cooked that Booma was by my Foie, do you want the same?"
Nitro was greatly upset at the 57th loss in a row by his little brother Vordex. For being a HUmar with an afro that listens to rock, Nitro was easily angered by things like that.
"How the hell do you keep winning?!"
"It's called practice, my dear brother, and you need lots of it!" Nitro was going to retort, but when he turned around, all he saw was his brothers robe flowing...right out the door. Nitro grinned and yelled," You're not getting away that easy!"
In the workroom where they stored all of their items, Nitroman was busy polishing his Frozen Shooter. Not only can I polish my gun,but I can make my joints look squeaky clean too!, he chuckled to himself. He had just finished from doing a run on Ragol and had splatters on his gun. Realizing Nitro and Vordex had raced out the door, Nitroman amusingly thought to himself, They'll be back for their weapons...in 3, 2-
BAM!
Nitroman nearly shot Nitro's head off!
"I swear, if you sneak up on me like that one more time...!"
Nitro just laughed.
"Good thing I invested in Photon-nullifing walls huh?", he said. Nitroman just mumbled something under his breath and kept shining his gun. Vordex walked in slowly and said," Did you try to steal his gun again, Nitro?"
"No!"
"Liar."
"What would I do with it??"
"Sell it."
Nitroman chimed in,"You would never sell my gun Nitro."
"Care to enlighten me why?"
"Because I would shoot your toe off if you tried."
Nitro was unphased, but Vordex was giggling as he was getting his equipment.
"What's your problem?", Nitro asked.
Vordex managed to stop snickering and said,"Don't give him any reasons to go see those nurses anymore, Metalhead!"
Metalhead was the nickname that Vordex gave him, and the only person who could get away with calling him that,
Nitro turned around but, again, all he saw was flowing robes. "Dammit, he went and did it again!"
Nitroman simply said," Go kill something for me alright?"
Nitro just laughed and said," That's if you left any monsters back on Ragol!"
Nitroman gave in and gave him a chuckle. With that Nitro ran after Vordex.

More to come, please send some feedback!

DikkyRay
Apr 16, 2007, 05:17 PM
Very good! I am guessing this is all going to take place in the abttle Arena? That should open up alot of possibilities.
I guess the only problem would be the names. Nitroman and Nitro are too similar. It may just be me, but i suggest you cahnge the name. I know I like to shorten names, so i would probably just call Nitroman Nitro. That may get a wee bit confusing, as i had said earlier.
Other than that i really like it. Glad to see a PSO fanfic among the PSU ones. I myself tried to bring mine back but that didnt go to well....

EDIT: Grats on the Sticky! Im pretty sure thats an honor lol.
Oh yea, would youmind if i used the name Nitro in my Fanfic?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-04-16 15:39 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 16, 2007, 05:38 PM
Stickied.

Freeze
Apr 19, 2007, 08:25 PM
You've captured my interest, but I do agree about the similar names. It could get a bit confusing in the future.

Nitro Vordex
May 23, 2010, 10:35 PM
Resurrection of this story. Here we go.

Metalhead(formerly Nitroman) was pissed. He hadn't seen or heard from Nitro or Vordex in three years. Then these asshats come waltzing in like they still own the place. Nitro smelled like booze, and Vordex...he didn't know what the fuck Vordex smelled like. His robot sense of smell was overloaded, and as a result, he couldn't smell shit. Nitro had a scraggly beard on him, his hair with Booma Jerky, and his sunglasses were gone. Vordex...dear god. His robe was more like a loin cloth with funky symbols, and for some odd reason the shield was on his crotch.

"What the shit were you guys doing, anyway? I haven't heard from you guys in three goddamn years!" he yelled.

Nitro just yawned, the alcohol reeking on his breath. He finished half a bottle of Vodka, then pulled out another and immediately downed half. How he was still conscious, Metalhead was unsure. It's probably better he didn't ask at the moment.

"Also, Vordex, why the hell is your robe and shield wrapped around your crotch?" Metalhead asked Vordex.

Vordex said, "I get my nuts PUSHED. I gotta keep 'em safe."

Metalhead sat down in a chair and buried his head in his hands.

Nitro said, "What's wrong? Don't have a sense of HUmar?" He started cracking up right there, and Vordex joined in.

Metalhead just shut down right there.

----------------------------------------------
*Next morning*

Nitro, shaved and not smelling like fetid alcohol, and Vordex wearing another robe(he refused to take the shield off his crotch, though he didn't say why), both sat down, with Metalhead across from them.

"Alright, I'm probably gonna get a really long story, but it's been three years. What the hell happened?"

Vordex said, "HOLYSHITYOUWOULDN'TBELIEVE"

Metalhead held up a hand, and said, "I wanna hear Nitro's first, mostly for my own sanity."

Nitro took a breath, and said, "I danced with Boomas and rode Garanz's, but that was nothing compared to the shit I faced. Vordex and I went down to Ragol, after we got our weapons."

---PERSPECTIVE CHANGES LIVINGAH WITH THESE---

Nitro and Vordex ran to the Hunter's Area, got all restocked, and headed down to the planet. They decided to go to Gal de Val.

Nitro piped in, and looked around the Sealab. "Hmm. Kinda makes me wish I'd seen the early 2010 labs we used to have back on Coral." Pulling out his Lavis Cannon, he started to move forward.

Vordex punched Nitro in the face, giving him Shifta and Deband. Vordex grinned and said, "You're welcome."

Nitro rubbed his face, thinking how he'd kick his ass later, and continued on.The Sealab wasn't much to look at. Gray tones in the hallways, a couple laser fences (they weren't damaging, but the alarms were louder than putting your ear in a bullhorn.), and clear windows in the hallways for looking out on the seabed. They wandered into the first proper room, with more gray tones. There seemed to be a few things that looked like trash dumpsters, though they weren't actually used for trash. No one knows what they're used for, as they'd be too busy getting smashed by robots.

Vordex walked up one of the ramps, looking for any signs of danger. He was a strange FOmar; he usually wore an Angry Fist for a weapon. He found a Reconbox, and proceeded to cast Zonde on it.

Nothing happened. Seeing this, Vordex looked at it and casted Foie.

Nothing again.

A little irritated now, he casted Rafoie. A whole lot of nothing happened again.

What the shit? Vordex thought. "Hey, Nitro! Come slash this damn thing, will ya?"

Nitro dropped from the celing and slashed at the Reconbox. Nothing happened. The blade just bounced off. He looked at it like it was posessed, and started swinging at it madly. "MEET MY FRIEND PAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIN" he yelled as he continually Strong Attacked it. Vordex comes up and starts punching it with his Angry Fist.

The Reconbox suddenly says, "STOP THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!" and everything goes bright red.
--------------------------------------

W0LB0T
May 24, 2010, 08:14 AM
Cool bump bro.

Nitro Vordex
May 26, 2010, 07:00 PM
I got bored. I don't really care how seriously shitty this story is. I'm gonna finish it...eventually.