PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to call this rant

DizzyDi
Apr 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'm sure all of yous guys have heard about the Don Imus controversy, right?
For those of you that don't know; Don Imus, a radio personality, said some racial terms toward a woman's basketball team. He called them "nappy headed hoes" and "jiggaboos".
Its bad enough that this guy is a blatant racists and they're letting him slide with that (the radio station he is on suspended him for a bit but let him back on because they would lose major money without him) but this guy's lawyers are trying to blame hip-hop. They say he learned those terms from listening to the rap musics.
O lawd. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
I'm not even going to comment on how rap is not all about degrading women & doing drugs & partying & doing illegal stuff because most people should already know this. What is REALLY pissing me off about this is that its another motherfucking case of "[/i]X outside influence[i] made me do it".
I'm tired of this shit, I really am.
Why is this becoming a trend? Why does the court even HOLD cases based on this? SINCE WHEN IS THIS SHIT ACCEPTABLE?
I'm not usually one to complain about how humanity sucks, but Jesus Christ... I'm really starting to get pissed at the world, ESPECIALLY the motherfucking media because they push stories like this.
There was an interview about this Don Imus controversy on Fox News. They interviewed a rapper about this: M-1 from the rap duo Dead Prez.
I know a lot of y'all probably don't know about Dead Prez so I'll give you a quick briefing about them.
Dead Prez is probably one of the most socially conscious rap acts out right now. A lot of their lyrics focus on revolution, Afrocentric, raising above the hood and becoming something.
M-1 is a really talented, intelligent cat.
So back to the interview: Cavuto of Fox News interviewed M-1 and debated on hip-hop. If rappers can get away with calling women bitches and hoes, and even calling themselves niggas, why can't Don Imus or anyone else get away with this?
Good Question, I know.
So pretty much M-1 destroyed this dude, Cavuto, in the debate. But of course, this is the media, and it wasn't live. So the REAL interview was edited to make it seem like Cavuto was the one who brought up all the good points and M-1 was just another ignant nigga.
Bullshit. :[
And now this Virginia Tech shooting. My heart goes out to all those that have been affected by this. Of course the media is going to push this at an angle. All sorts of things are going to be blamed EXCEPT the shooter himself for his actions.
What is going on with the world?

geewj
Apr 16, 2007, 07:29 PM
Apocolypse now, no joke.

Money runs the world. Bastards make the money. Bastards run the world.
And as a result, everything suffers.

McLaughlin
Apr 16, 2007, 08:49 PM
I heard about the Don Imus thing. Then I watched The Daily Show and The Cobert Report.

They tore the poor ****er up, as well as the anchors of several major US News stations. At least those two understand how idiotic this is.

I've only just heard of the Virginia Tech shooting, so my knowledge on that matter is rather limited.

Thalui89
Apr 17, 2007, 04:57 AM
How will the shooter NOT be blamed? When we heard the news in the U.K. the people i know BLAMED the shooter for his actions not out side influences. What does amaze me about the shooting is how pathetic the police dept was when dealing with the shooting. Now, im not saying U.K. police are brilliant (in fact their far from it) but i think if something like a shoot out happened in one of our schools/ colleges/ universities then the site would be closed for the day rather than CHANCE sending students back into the building to resume lessons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thalui89 on 2007-04-17 03:00 ]</font>