PDA

View Full Version : a peer into the future...

majan
Apr 17, 2007, 10:22 AM
on a sidenote,dont look now,but female newmans have +3 luck....again.
at least male beasts have +2.still though this is getting slightly ridiculous.

anyways,lets have a look at what will likely be happening over the next few months,shall we?

so,expansion.coming out in japan as early as the late summer,seems to be the speculation,right?for now at least.that means that we may get it stateside by the holidays,hopefully.

so,with it releasing in japan by summer-ish or whenever they said,that means that the jp/ps2 servers will have all the content of PSU available,meaning,all missions,all weapons,clothse,armors,etc,because they simply cant release an expansion to a game that we havent even fully experienced yet.not even sonic team would do that.

so,at our current pace of falling behind jp/ps2,we may be 2 months ish behind their updates,meaning 360 servers will likely be completely full with all of the proper content by maybe octoberish.I think its somewhat ridiculous that we even need to have this conversation about how equipment was handicapped and whatever,but thast neither here nor there.further...

s2 missions?majan's speculation is that were gonna get s4 by the time all's said and done,or a whole slew of entirely new missions.as of now,on s2,the highest monster level will be 100-105(correct me if Im wrong) on mad beasts/rainbow beast.so thats 2 missions with monster levels above 100,said to be capable of dropping s rank items.obviously this concerns the 10* stuff.so,at what monster level will the really rare and funky 10* kubara stuff drop?my guess is higher than the noramal 10* stuff.now,that leaves roughly 15-20 levels for 11 and 12* stuff to start dropping.so,unless these new ice field missions that we may apparently get contain phenomenally high monster levels,I suspect that missions are gonna go up to s3 and s4 because based on how things have been set up along the way,with monster levels 100-119 dropping 10* boards and the like,that means 120-139 will be dropping 11,140-159 for 12*'s.

this could be far fetched,or they could just go against the trend that theyve been setting,but this seems somewhat obvious based on the system they seem to have been putting in place.

discuss.

Rashiid
Apr 17, 2007, 10:37 AM
i think (economic's wise) that we'll get the expansion before the summer ends, since most of the players on this are part of a younger crowd, and that means more moniez for ST. thats a business way of looking at things.

majan
Apr 17, 2007, 10:45 AM
right,agreed.but....sonic team doesnt have a good track record with doing the logical,obvoius thing.even if it means more moniez for ST.i woudlnt count on it,but if thast the case,then everythign I said in that post will probably be fast forwarded in a fierce manner.

omegapirate2k
Apr 17, 2007, 10:46 AM
I'm going to kill your character majan.

majan
Apr 17, 2007, 10:50 AM
sorry dude.I made him after I saw your screen name.funny because I was originalyl going to name him Ashura,and then I decided to go with that instead...so,the first game i join,theres someone named Ashura in it...

then I got kicked becasue people are fuckin nimrods.

akratic
Apr 17, 2007, 12:57 PM
Wow. Naming your character in a game after the screen-name of someone on a message board for that very game.

I don't think I even need to type it out.

ps: how are those store-bought 9-star weapons treating you?

Golto
Apr 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
Very logical thinking there must be s3 and higher rank missions in the future. It really depends on if they continue the drop/ monster level pattern. They could have lvl 110+ drop 11* boards and lvl 120+ drop 12* boards. If they go by the 20+ levels going from 10-11* and 11-12* that would be a bit difficult to work in for the next 3-6 months.

Japanese pc/ps2 just got lvl 90 cap and you'd think you would need to be lvl 110+ or 120+ for missions with lvl 140+ monsters. They do seem to increase the lvl cap every 2-3 months but I can't recall ever seeing a mission lvl requirement equal to the current lvl cap.

My thoughts are JPN will get a fair number of 11* stuff by the time the expansion is released. Just because there is data for 12* and above in the current version doesn't mean it has to be released. The data could be in there for compatability between the two versions.

CyarVictor
Apr 17, 2007, 01:20 PM
I just hope everything gets sync'd up before the expansion is released. That's all I really care about with releases, all platforms/servers getting equal treatment instead of just prioritizing one over another.

Golto
Apr 17, 2007, 01:24 PM
I hear you CyarVictor, but everytime I point out that we are getting farther behind I get labeled a whiner.

physic
Apr 17, 2007, 01:29 PM
there is no intention to sync us up ever, they stated that we would be behind when the game was being planned, and really NA sega, takes 2 and 3 week breaks wheneevr it feels like. I dont think even if they could theyd want to catch up or maintain with teh jp

Midicronica
Apr 17, 2007, 01:30 PM
I'm really suprised that people aren't saying anything about femael CASTs getting 3* luck two days in a row. I *think* Caseals have been gotten 3* more than any other class over the span of a two months. I can't seem to find that chart that shows the luck forecast for the days that have passed.

CyarVictor
Apr 17, 2007, 01:37 PM
NA Sega states something, but due to an error aka a blue hegdehog up their ass, we usually get stalled. Ten dollars a month so I can behind another server/platform for the same game.... yea. I really want that... to get nothing in exchange for cash.

Nah, thing people haven't really spoke up about other than one guy is the lack of 3* luck for male beasts. there's a site somewhere that records the luck, I have to ask my go-to-guy for that one. Apparently they haven't seen 3* luck since January.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-04-17 11:38 ]</font>

Midicronica
Apr 17, 2007, 01:46 PM
I found it. http://www.psupedia.info/index.php?title=Photon_Fortune

It seems male beasts haven't had 3* luck since January 24, 2007.

CyarVictor
Apr 17, 2007, 01:49 PM
Damn. They should really be up some 3* luck soon. Maybe...

RedCoKid
Apr 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-04-17 08:22, majan wrote:
so,with it releasing in japan by summer-ish or whenever they said,that means that the jp/ps2 servers will have all the content of PSU available,meaning,all missions,all weapons,clothse,armors,etc,because they simply cant release an expansion to a game that we havent even fully experienced yet.not even sonic team would do that.

Don't overestimate Sega...

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=139201&forum=20&start=810&825#820

To Itsuki-chan or whoever else is playing AoI:
1) Are the last group of ultimate techs available (e.g., dizas, rentis, regrants, megistar)?

1) no

Itsuki
Apr 17, 2007, 03:00 PM
s2 missions?majan's speculation is that were gonna get s4 by the time all's said and done,or a whole slew of entirely new missions.as of now,on s2,the highest monster level will be 100-105(correct me if Im wrong) on mad beasts/rainbow beast.so thats 2 missions with monster levels above 100,said to be capable of dropping s rank items.obviously this concerns the 10* stuff.so,at what monster level will the really rare and funky 10* kubara stuff drop?my guess is higher than the noramal 10* stuff.now,that leaves roughly 15-20 levels for 11 and 12* stuff to start dropping.so,unless these new ice field missions that we may apparently get contain phenomenally high monster levels,I suspect that missions are gonna go up to s3 and s4 because based on how things have been set up along the way,with monster levels 100-119 dropping 10* boards and the like,that means 120-139 will be dropping 11,140-159 for 12*'s.

I think it goes worth mentioning that S-rank of the AoI missions have monsters in the level 115 range. So S2 of the mwill likely have monsters in the 140-150 range.

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 17, 2007, 03:03 PM
on a sidenote,dont look now,but female newmans have +3 luck....again.
at least male beasts have +2.still though this is getting slightly ridiculous.

anyways,lets have a look at what will likely be happening over the next few months,shall we?

so,expansion.coming out in japan as early as the late summer,seems to be the speculation,right?for now at least.that means that we may get it stateside by the holidays,hopefully.

so,at our current pace of falling behind jp/ps2,we may be 2 months ish behind their updates,meaning 360 servers will likely be completely full with all of the proper content by maybe octoberish.I think its somewhat ridiculous that we even need to have this conversation about how equipment was handicapped and whatever,but thast neither here nor there.further...

this could be far fetched,or they could just go against the trend that theyve been setting,but this seems somewhat obvious based on the system they seem to have been putting in place.

discuss.

everything on psu disk is on AOI disk so they can still release things slowly

majan
Apr 17, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-04-17 10:57, akratic wrote:
Wow. Naming your character in a game after the screen-name of someone on a message board for that very game.

I don't think I even need to type it out.

ps: how are those store-bought 9-star weapons treating you?

err....yeah,worded that wrong -.-

meant to say I made him BEFORE I saw that dude's screen name.he is actually named after a boss in metroid prime,which is also where Im guessing omegapirate2k got his name.

and the 9 star items are not treating me very well cus they arent in the fuckin shop.dont point at me because everybnody in the earth was saying theyd be in the shop and that japan had already had it

majan
Apr 17, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-04-17 11:24, Golto wrote:
I hear you CyarVictor, but everytime I point out that we are getting farther behind I get labeled a whiner.

sorry for the double post btw,laggy browser -.-

yeah man I hear you too and frankly its something worth whining about because its complete horse shit.but liek I said before thats neither here nor there.interesting to see tho that the s2 missoins for AoI have eben 140+ or watevre the other dude said up there.

should be an interesting few months...

::goes back to crystal ball::

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pizza.gif

DikkyRay
Apr 17, 2007, 04:11 PM
To Itsuki-chan or whoever else is playing AoI:
1) Are the last group of ultimate techs available (e.g., dizas, rentis, regrants, megistar)?

1) no

[/quote]
Im sorry, but that made me laugh so hard

Golto
Apr 17, 2007, 04:49 PM
I have a question. Do you think we will see the type lvl cap increased to 20 before the expansion comes out? Having such a big leap 10=>30 doesn't follow ST's current update methods.

ThEoRy
Apr 17, 2007, 05:17 PM
Months ago i was laughed at when I made mention of "Double S Rank" missions as i called them. Seriously. Laughed at. But I just couldn't imagine a world where I'm a lvl 200 Fonewm Vs boomas and mothmonts on baby cakes mode. I wanted Endless Nightmare 4 on Ultimate Mode, and i just couldn't see that happening with the current mission structure. I told people that there was no way Sonic Team would let me go from being a lvl 200 to a lvl 100. You don't lvl down people you lvl UP! Just as ST did on the dreamcast, they'll do again. The second disk greatly enhanced my powers from the first one. LVL cap, technique cap, mission difficulty, number of rares, all went up. Why some people couldn't see this when this game was released I'll never know.

So who knows what the next "Ultimate Mode" will be. S3, S4, S5? Whatever it is, as I have been for roughly 20 years now, I'll be there. . Ridding these worlds of rabid BioMonsters, powerful enemy sorcerers, mechanized killing machines and as many DarkForce incarnations as the filthy being can conjure up.

Soukosa
Apr 17, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-04-17 14:49, Golto wrote:
I have a question. Do you think we will see the type lvl cap increased to 20 before the expansion comes out? Having such a big leap 10=>30 doesn't follow ST's current update methods.

The AoI beta page on the official site says it only goes up to lv 20, I believe. The lv 30 seems to only have come from a bug to where a FO would hit lv 30 after one mission.

Itsuki
Apr 17, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-04-17 18:07, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-04-17 14:49, Golto wrote:

The AoI beta page on the official site says it only goes up to lv 20, I believe. The lv 30 seems to only have come from a bug to where a FO would hit lv 30 after one mission.

Either way, it takes like 3000 mp to get to 11. So barely anyone even made it that far in the beta.

Golto
Apr 17, 2007, 09:53 PM
Ouch 3000 so it might take more than 8x the mpts going 11-20 than 1-10.

Mio
Apr 18, 2007, 10:50 AM
I bet expansion job cap will be 20.
They can level job to 30 because everything is unlocked in that beta!

I bet there will be another expansion next year http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

majan
Apr 18, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-04-18 08:50, Mio wrote:
I bet expansion job cap will be 20.
They can level job to 30 because everything is unlocked in that beta!

I bet there will be another expansion next year http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

eh,doubtful IMO,especially looking at the trend of what theyve been doing.

pso version...pso version 2...
episode 1 and 2 came out for a new system,then episode 3 which was a different game entirely.

so with things going the way theyve been,I do not forsee an expansion unless this game goes to the ps3,then maybe there will be a new release or something across all 3 platforms.

this game going to the ps3 actually doesnt seem like that far fetched an idea,either,considering its already on the inferior ps2.quite mystifying why they didnt just let this game out as a ps3/360/pc game.

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2007, 03:53 PM
Using the trend that they've been doing, PSU episode III is going to suck and have nothing to do with phantasy star at all.

Phantasy Star III was the least liked of the series, and didn't even take place in Algol. It was directly effected by events in Algol though, and still starred Dark Force.
PSO Ep.III was the least liked of the series, taking place years after the original series and had a completely different play style.
PSU is the third separated storyline of the series, and so far seems to be unliked among fans. Though the expansion will get fans back (Since the second part of the series is always great), the third will just be so weird and multiplied by the weirdness of PSU itself, making an uber weirdness that none of the fanbase will like. Then the fourth installment will come, and it will be acceptable.

It's an inside joke among fans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-04-18 14:09 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 18, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-04-18 13:53, Zorafim wrote:
Using the trend that they've been doing, PSU episode III is going to suck and have nothing to do with phantasy star at all.

D:<