PDA

View Full Version : This is seriously starting to tick me off...

Stormsworder
Apr 17, 2007, 05:01 PM
Okay, so I'm one of those unfortunate kids who has to ride the bus because they can't get a parking permit for school until next year. Well, it never used to be bad back on our old route heading to school. Now it's like a living nightmare. The kids we now pick up are completely disgusting. It makes my ears want to bleed when I am forced to listen to their disgusting conversations. We aren't allowed electronics on the bus or at school, so I can't just turn my iPod up super loud to drown it out. Do you REALLY think that a person like me, a devout Christian, enjoys having to listen to people talking about sex and who they made out with? And there's no way I can drown it out because the people who talk about it are in junior high and high school, and I'm stuck back there in the same section with them. It's driving me nuts. I can't just tell them to shut up because they'll just keep talking about it even more just to irritate me, because that seems to be another of their hobbies. I know that it's almost the end of the year (May 30 is when we get out), and I'm going to get my license in May, but this is really getting to me. I can't stand it anymore. Not even reading a book and focusing only on it helps...

Sinue_v2
Apr 17, 2007, 05:55 PM
Do you REALLY think that a person like me, a devout Christian, enjoys having to listen to people talking about sex and who they made out with?

Sorry, but you're going to have to deal with it. The world is full of people you probably won't like, and you rarely will have the option of just turning up your iPod and ignoring them.

Stormsworder
Apr 17, 2007, 06:01 PM
Well, I can sometimes manage to tune them out. Unless the girl who mainly talks about it sits right there in the seat with me. >< THAT drives me insane. And she's got such an irritating voice... >>; Man, those junior high kids on the bus are seriously sick...

CupOfCoffee
Apr 17, 2007, 06:11 PM
The Bus has always been a retarded answer to the "how to get kids to school" question. Sadly, it's one of those things that works out well for a very tiny percentage of people. Happily, you only have a little while left of having to deal with it! So buck up, soldier, or simply use your long hair to hide your iPod headphones. It works like a dream.

Stormsworder
Apr 17, 2007, 06:16 PM
>> Well, it'd work if I ever wore my hair out of a ponytail... XD Way too hot at school not to. Maybe I'll bring it, sink down really low into the seat, and just listen to it while out of sight of the bus's camera.

Skuda
Apr 17, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-04-17 16:01, Stormsworder wrote:
Well, I can sometimes manage to tune them out. Unless the girl who mainly talks about it sits right there in the seat with me. >< THAT drives me insane. And she's got such an irritating voice... >>; Man, those junior high kids on the bus are seriously sick...

Tell her she's a slut and go back to your own business.

Stormsworder
Apr 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
>>; Um... Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people who like to insult people and call them names like that... *rubs the back of her head slightly* Although it probably is true... I just always try to be a good example and stuff. ;_;

Sinue_v2
Apr 17, 2007, 07:29 PM
You could always try earplugs.

DLShAdOw
Apr 17, 2007, 07:38 PM
Gut her with your hunting knife and pour her intestines onto her friends to traumatize them for life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

...but seriously, I have the same problem. Solutions? Find someone you can stand talking to. Carpool. Get your parents to drive you. Don't go to school. Also I would bet the bus camera tape is hardly ever, if not never, looked at.

Ma_Navu
Apr 17, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-04-17 16:16, Stormsworder wrote:
>> Well, it'd work if I ever wore my hair out of a ponytail...

Ponytail, eh? There's a way around that.

Here's what'cha do. Get the headphones, and feed 'em through your shirt so that they stick out of your collar (or whatever you call the hole for your head). Take one ear-bud in each hand and put them on in such a way where they go behind your ears, around, and come down vertically into your ear. Now, what makes the cords disappear: when tying back your hair, try wrapping it around the two cords in the back, as well as your hair, pulling them back and into your hair.

What's on your neck looks like a necklace, and all that's really visible is the buds. But if you have long hair, you could move some of the hair on the side of your head and try to camoflauge the ear-buds. Just try moving the hair slightly lower, just so that it stems out from the root, goes down diagonally, and passes over the bud. Or, if you want an optimal effect, try using head-phones that are similar to your hair-color. Blonde hair? Use white. Black hair? Black. Brown or red? Go for either of those two colors, any darker shade will do.

If this helps, I'm glad it did. I have a similar situation on my bus, but lucky me, I'm allowed to use my MP3 player.

ShinMaruku
Apr 17, 2007, 09:11 PM
Drug them.

Kent
Apr 17, 2007, 10:44 PM
This is going to sound assholic...

...I really don't mean to be rude, if it sounds that way. :/

Being devout anything means there are going to be all sorts of people of all sorts of types, that are going to give you trouble. And lots of it. Odds are, it'll be even moreso than that experienced by people less devout, or completely not so. By making the decision to be so, you basically decided to just deal with it. Do so.

I'm very devout on a very (very) different subject, and I have to deal with people that could be/are percieved as disgusting and uncouth. You just have to accept that there are people not dedicated to what you are, that people are different, and that there's no changing some people.

Not that it's anyone's place to change other people. That's what makes one a complete and total ass. Excuse the crudeness. :/

You'll learn to tune it out eventually. Put that mind to use on something other than listening to the random douchbaggery of other people. Sudoku?