PDA

View Full Version : How many people?

SELENNA
Dec 10, 2002, 08:57 AM
I'll be soon online with pso ep1&2 and I was wondering how many people are actually playin the game? I remember that on my last dreamcast days we were about 4000. Hope ther's more players than that on Gamecube....

zerohoax
Dec 10, 2002, 09:55 AM
On 2002-12-10 05:57, SELENNA wrote:
I'll be soon online with pso ep1&2 and I was wondering how many people are actually playin the game? I remember that on my last dreamcast days we were about 4000. Hope ther's more players than that on Gamecube....

Maybe im mistaken but its not even close to 4000. The most i've seen on at a time are about600-800 and that was on a weekend, so im not sure how much that number will increase but as of now its not that high.

Kyata
Dec 10, 2002, 05:43 PM
Lol...and Nintendo said there would be millions world wide! haha! Oh well more room for us!

Riel
Dec 10, 2002, 07:00 PM
Can't say i blame people for not getting this game.This is one of the worst release for a game so far.No advertisement for the game whatsoever,like in all the flyers from Wal-Mart and the like,it's not even mentionned,they made limited copies of the game,the adapters where stopped being made for unknown reasons and are really hard to find and the promised keyboard is still nowhere in sight.Plus a lot of people who have found the adapters are having all kinds of problems connecting with the 56k adapter and we all know about the PPPoE issues with Broadband.Add to that a monthly fee to play online and you have the results we have now,maybe 1000 people online at some point.Let's hope it does better on the XBox but again,the release date is clouded in mystery and we are hearing nothing about how the beta is going on in Japan.

CajunSamurai
Dec 10, 2002, 07:10 PM
Oh man, what Riel said. It's really a shame, but Nintendo really, REALLY does not seem to give a rip about online, PERIOD. Perfect Dark 2 was pretty much the only other online game announced for the GCN, but with Rare now in "greener pastures" (Xbox, *cough*), that won't be happening.
Aside from that though, it's really mainly the hardcore DC players right now populating the servers, but I'm seeing more and more people all the time. It sure doesn't help matters that the damn network adaptors are so difficult to find, especially the broadband adaptor, LAWD! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

I'll bet Xbox will fare much better... All that's needed is the game, hunters license, and there ya go! No breaking your neck finding/buying a network adaptor, no blowing a vein in your forehead braving the onscreen keyboard (with its voice communication and USB adaptor for keyboards!)... much less BS, overall.

Did I just go way offtopic? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sapphire87
Dec 10, 2002, 10:40 PM
This is nothing against Nintendo or Microsoft. They both have fine systems. But here's even more of an argument to bring PSO to PS2. First of all, PS2 has the largest installed base (larger then GC, X-Box, and DC combined). This will guarantee sales just by default. Secondly, the network adapter is already out for it (with both dial up and BB options) and is easily available. The only problem with the X-Box is that most people don't have BB support, which would severely limit the number of people who can go online. So considering all this, why on Earth Sonic Team isn't porting this game to PS2 is beyond me. I've heard Yuji Naka state that the PS2 can't handle a game like PSO due to it's limited VRAM. But, there's got to be more to it than that.