PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: New Offline Question

Akira_R
Apr 18, 2007, 10:33 PM
To make a long story short, I got PSU when it came out but my computer really sucks and only recently was I able to get it running, and I'm not going to play online until I get a faster computer.

But anyway, I'm playing story mode right now and I'm at the battle against the Vol Brothers at the end of Chapter 4. I was wondering if anyone has a good stategy for beating them, or rough estimates of their HP, anything would help.

I know it's probably very easy, I just can't seem to get anything going against them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akira_R on 2007-04-20 16:48 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Apr 20, 2007, 03:00 PM
If you are a hunter. Renkai Buyozan or Tornado break.
Ranger.... Stay the hell away and shoot.
Force.... Uhh i would say gi- techs but they probably arent available in ch4, so i'd say barta to freeze them to death

JAFO22000
Apr 20, 2007, 03:03 PM
Regardless of what class you are, get a wand and the tech "resta". Also, attack the force Vol brother first, then the ranger, then the hunter.

Gamemako
Apr 20, 2007, 03:33 PM
Knock down the tech brother. Rising Crush works best if you ask me.

Akira_R
Apr 20, 2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'm past there now.

But now I have a new dilemna: I'm trying to get S-rank on some of the free missions, but no matter how fast I clear them I end up with just under 1000 points. Is it not possible to get S-rank on those missions?

Specifically I'm talking about Creature Discomfort(1:33) and The Mad Beasts(5:30). How fast do I need to clear it, because there is no way of getting more points it seems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akira_R on 2007-04-20 20:20 ]</font>

A2K
Apr 20, 2007, 07:14 PM
As far as free missions are concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about getting an S rank on them until you've over-leveled for them.

Akira_R
Apr 20, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-04-20 17:14, A2K wrote:
As far as free missions are concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about getting an S rank on them until you've over-leveled for them.

Well I'm level 23, and I still can't S-rank Creature Discomfort. I can kill each creature with one Dus Daggaz or Renkai Buyou-zan. But I guess I'll just go on to the next story mission haha.

Saligun
Apr 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
Those are s rank times but you can't miss a single enemy or you time means nothing.

Akira_R
Apr 20, 2007, 10:19 PM
On 2007-04-20 18:41, Saligun wrote:
Those are s rank times but you can't miss a single enemy or you time means nothing.

Alright, that's kind of what I was thinking, I just don't know where I'm missing the enemies. The amount of points I get for enemies is exactly the same each time. I get 290 points for killing 23 enemies on Creature Discomfort, and I don't remember the exact numbers(something like 64 enemies?) on the Mad Beasts. But thanks for the info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akira_R on 2007-04-20 20:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akira_R on 2007-04-20 20:31 ]</font>

Out_Kast
Apr 21, 2007, 03:43 PM
I always find Creature Discomfort really hard to get an S Rank on. The time you have to finish it in is 1:50, and you have to be able to, pretty much, OHKO every monster you come across.
I think you may be missing the two flying monsters on the right in the second room; if not, then I don't know. Just make sure not to go for any boxes (my lowest time on that mission is 1:50 exactly) =[
Whereas on 'Mad Beasts', in the fisrt room, there is a tunnel on the right you need to go through, where there are a few Koltovas (I'm not sure how many). I'm not too sure of the time, but it's mmuch more generous than 'Creature Discomfort'.
The bad news is that the prize for an S on 'Creature Disconfort' is only more Meseta and Mission points; no items, no PA's, no room decorations.
I personally thought it was a waste of time, but it set me a challenge none the less =]
Good luck!

Akira_R
Apr 21, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-04-21 13:43, Out_Kast wrote:
I always find Creature Discomfort really hard to get an S Rank on. The time you have to finish it in is 1:50, and you have to be able to, pretty much, OHKO every monster you come across.
I think you may be missing the two flying monsters on the right in the second room; if not, then I don't know. Just make sure not to go for any boxes (my lowest time on that mission is 1:50 exactly) =[
Whereas on 'Mad Beasts', in the fisrt room, there is a tunnel on the right you need to go through, where there are a few Koltovas (I'm not sure how many). I'm not too sure of the time, but it's mmuch more generous than 'Creature Discomfort'.
The bad news is that the prize for an S on 'Creature Disconfort' is only more Meseta and Mission points; no items, no PA's, no room decorations.
I personally thought it was a waste of time, but it set me a challenge none the less =]
Good luck!

Yeah, I'm basically just looking for MP. And I know I can get the S-rank times, but thank you for the info on the other monsters. We'll see if I can get them now.