PDA

View Full Version : GC: Favorite Double Saber

sparda336
Apr 21, 2007, 12:08 AM
im curious to know if anyone likes double sabers as much as i do. i loved my demo comet in pso ep. 1+2, so now i want to hear everyones favorite!!!!!

Splash
Apr 21, 2007, 12:49 AM
Twin Blaze (which is not on the list...).

But I guess Demo Comet would be good.

Weeaboolits
Apr 21, 2007, 01:32 AM
I've yet to get one...

bishop472003
Apr 21, 2007, 01:35 AM
Dem comet is my fav, you forgot the stag as well

sparda336
Apr 21, 2007, 02:03 AM
sry i forgot the twin blaze for you guys but the stag is the fourth choice down in case you did not see it.

kurisu1974
Apr 21, 2007, 02:11 AM
Black King Bar. I never leave Pioneeer 2 without it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

bishop472003
Apr 21, 2007, 02:19 AM
sorry sparda336, I wish i had a black king bar.

sparda336
Apr 21, 2007, 02:47 AM
ive tried for so long to get a stag, i also want the regular double.

bishop472003
Apr 21, 2007, 03:18 AM
I have 2 of them and never use them, i wish i could give you one.

FallenAngelV
Apr 21, 2007, 03:48 AM
Double Cannon, hands down. Though (like the majority of players) I used to be fond of the Demo Comet.

sparda336
Apr 21, 2007, 04:12 AM
lol i appreciate that but we probably live thousands of miles away from one another. ive always had alittle dream of owning a black king bar and double cannon along with a stag for my ranger i have. he would do great with that and my guld milla i have equiped on him.

DC_PLAYER
Apr 21, 2007, 06:31 AM
twin blaze, wichis not on the list, but i love the twin brand looks

Ithildin
Apr 21, 2007, 11:35 AM
Demo Comet all the way baby! Soooo easy to find too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif great stuff! I have one with 35% hit too! Woot!

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 21, 2007, 12:09 PM
"A mysterious ultimate weapon. Its abilities are unknown."

Banish
Apr 21, 2007, 12:20 PM
The twin sabers/staffs weren't was powerfull as I expected...My favorite is the Meteor Cudgel, and Twin Brand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-04-21 10:20 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 02:31 PM
S rank doubles.

sparda336
Apr 21, 2007, 02:43 PM
s ranks look cool but im not sure about ability do you have one? do you enjoy using it?

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 02:54 PM
dude its awesome. i forget the ability though, since i wuz corrupted on my b-day and lost it, and that was 2 months to the day tomorrow.

sparda336
Apr 21, 2007, 03:06 PM
lol i just get sick of hunting for stuff cause it never drops no matter what i do. i want a stag but it wont drop. id like to find people who live in my area to play pso with but noones around. no matter though, ill have psu soon anyways.

Neith
Apr 21, 2007, 04:21 PM
Demolition Comet, followed by Partisan of Lightning.

sparda336
Apr 21, 2007, 10:44 PM
demo comet seems to be a popular choice. id like to know why. does it look cool? is it one of the strongest in its class? does it have a quick combo atk? plz tell me everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Splash
Apr 21, 2007, 11:19 PM
^ Cause Demo Comet doesn't have a ranged damage, it is fixed so the damage you do is consistent through the 3 hit combo. Additionally, easy to get and can be grinded as well.

sparda336
Apr 21, 2007, 11:22 PM
i choose it cause its the first double saber ive ever gotten and it has 50% hit and 25% in each monster class lol it pwns.

Splash
Apr 21, 2007, 11:58 PM
^ Must have been a hacked twin saber then.

concussionman
Apr 22, 2007, 12:58 AM
Demo cuz it was the first high level weapon that i got with my Redria. Plus with 40% dark, i can cruise through Ult ruins with ease.

Also looks rad.

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 01:30 AM
ive never been online lol. i just kept asking the tekker to identify it until it got reasonable stats. and there is a way to tell a hacked item right off the bat, its just hard to do with some items lol.

Splash
Apr 22, 2007, 02:25 AM
On 2007-04-21 23:30, sparda336 wrote:
ive never been online lol. i just kept asking the tekker to identify it until it got reasonable stats. and there is a way to tell a hacked item right off the bat, its just hard to do with some items lol.

Yes. And I can tell right off the bat that your Demo Comet is a hacked one. There is no way a weapon can have percents for all of the attribute types.

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 10:44 AM
believe what you want. dont disrespect me on my forum topic please. i know its improbable but its not impossible. so either your not a veteran of this game or have no clue what your talking about. in other
words, if it doesnt sound nice dont say it please. this discussion is over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

now for those of you that have voted tell me more about why you like what you like, im curious.

Neith
Apr 22, 2007, 10:57 AM
On 2007-04-22 08:44, sparda336 wrote:
believe what you want. dont disrespect me on my forum topic please. i know its improbable but its not impossible.

Hate to put you down, but you CANNOT have a weapon with %'s in every area legitimately. Maximum is 3 areas, so if your Demo has Hit%, it can only legitimately have %'s in 2 other areas.

Sorry to tell you that, but you shouldn't be telling other people they're not veterans because they pointed out something that's correct. More than 3 % areas= hacked.

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 11:21 AM
and ill tell you the same thing ive told her. i found it and its mine. besides that the only way to hack is to go online and i couldnt get online now or then so i dont know why you guys swear up and down that its a hacked item. im not discussing this anymore with anyone so drop this nonsense.

anyways tell me about what you like and why you like what you like it im curious. (dont send me another accusation note lol)

Jaspaller
Apr 22, 2007, 11:43 AM
By legitimate methods it isn't possible to have %'s in more than 3 areas like Splash stated... ask anybody who's actually hacked the game.

As for favorite, mine is the S-rank twin with that godly berserk special (drools). Since S-rank isn't on the list, my favorite for looks would have to be the Double cannon. God I wish i had one of those.

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 11:47 AM
double cannons are awesome. my friend and i play pso on occasion together and he uses a double cannon for short range and guld milla for long range. i use a tempest gatling and a demo comet. we realy tear up the ultimate ruins with both of us. we are usuallly aggressive and dont let up until everything is dead lol. we beat ultimate 17 times and every other difficulty countless times.

do you have a single weapon to take into combat? or do you choose a set, one long range weapon and short range weapon?

Jaspaller
Apr 22, 2007, 11:55 AM
I usually keep a set of weapons. Usually 5 since I can't stand sticking to one or two weapons at once.

toly369
Apr 22, 2007, 12:13 PM
Demo Comet hands down just cause it looks so awesome with all the purple crystals and mine has 55% hit legit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif i dont remember the other percents but i think they're 35% dark and 15% Abeast. My current set up on my Humar is Red Handgun and SJS just cause i wanna unseal the dam thing already.

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 12:45 PM
if im in the mines ill break out the sumikuri j-sword i got since its got 20% hit and 50% machine. it makes short work of ultimate mode mines lol. any other choices for weapon sets or favorites?

GreenArcher
Apr 22, 2007, 02:41 PM
Lol so you have a "sumikuri j-sword" with hit percent (1 out of 1.2mil drop rate), a Demo Comet with %s in five areas, and your friend used Guld Milla and Double Cannon on the same character.

Then you go after people for telling you that percents in more than three areas = hax CUZ U HAV TO GO ONLINE2HAX

:-

Undeadpriest
Apr 22, 2007, 02:46 PM
Hahaha...sorry to say that sparda...but green_archer,splash and UrikoBB are right...we won't believe you(and will never)until you show us a decent proof...i doubt you will be able.

pso-dude
Apr 22, 2007, 02:55 PM
srryto break your fun sparda but, you cant have a tjs with % as far as i know, and for your demo comet, i bet one of your friend can access online and then u got an hacked one,trust me, i may be no vet,but im playing still since 2003 and found lots of rare.I KNOW THAT YOU ARE LYING.

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 03:00 PM
ignoring that crap lets move on shall we? any more suggestions as to weapon combinations? what do you like and why? go on and spread the word!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Undeadpriest
Apr 22, 2007, 03:01 PM
hey we can't ignore it until you admit it can be real or until you say its been hacked...

For weapon combination i like the Delsaber's buster like i have the shield of delsaber the power of the Del buster is increased by 100%

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 03:05 PM
well ive never been online and never wanted to. i dont know any known way of offline hacking and i sure as hell dont know how i can prove any of it so im dropping it. any further comments after this will be considered noise and or useless ranting B.S.

tell me more about your favorite weapons people and spread your knowledge. dont worry about these people spamming my pole for everyones fav double saber. come on down and tell me what you like and why. im curious!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Undeadpriest
Apr 22, 2007, 03:18 PM
Listen we are not spamming we are only saying that you can't possibly have 4 stats in the same weapon and the tsumikiri j-sword not *sumikuri j-sword* can only have stat when its the sealed J-sword
it have stats...but when its unsealed it lose all the stats.

pso-dude
Apr 22, 2007, 03:23 PM
exactly, i aggree with undead on that one!

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 03:24 PM
anyone else wanna tell me about their fav weapons? any bit of info would make me interested. let me know if anyone needs a hand trying to get stats on their weapons like me, ill be glad to explain it.

pso-dude
Apr 22, 2007, 03:26 PM
explain i dare you!

Undeadpriest
Apr 22, 2007, 03:27 PM
Well you can hunt weapon(why couldn't we?)but we can't get imagiary stats on our weapon like yours...

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 03:41 PM
Mod edit: In this post, sparda336 went into great detail about a method to cheat. Though it wasn't completely accurate, it still broke PSOW's rules. And so, after receiving a warning for it, he was reminded to read the Forum Rules (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=103519&forum=10&0) thoroughly, to make sure this wouldn't happen again.
Thanks everyone. ~_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2007-04-23 16:22 ]</font>

toly369
Apr 22, 2007, 03:54 PM
Cough, my items>yours since mine are all legit. Yes, my Demo Comet has a legit 55% hit, and yes my legit SJS only has 15% Abeast. What you did with the percents is still a form of hacking since in my opinion its not legit even it has only been duped.

Splash
Apr 22, 2007, 04:04 PM
Lol, see I was right all along. Hacked weapons.

Oh and fyi, you don't need to be online to hack hacker.

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 04:15 PM
not hacking, exploiting glitches. dont confuse the 2 plz. try it, its fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Undeadpriest
Apr 22, 2007, 04:18 PM
its killing the fun of hunting for a good weapon with good stats.

VioletSkye
Apr 22, 2007, 04:20 PM
Let me put this to rest and say that a weapon CAN'T have %'s in all 4 areas. As someone who has ripped the game code from the PSO GC disk and examined it, as well as someone who knows how to mod items with whatever %'s I want, I can tell you with 100% assurance that the game will not recognize 4 stats on a weapon. The game code only allows for one of two things in the 6 byte code length that determines either 1. Stats or 2. Custom S-Rank name depending on the item.

The format for any weapon in the game follows this format: XX XX XX GG AA 00 P1 P1 P2 P2 P3 P3. Since cheating and cheating methods are not allowed I won't go into detail as to what all the areas are except for the last few (P1 P1 P2 P2 P3 P3.) Those represent the 6 bytes of data the game uses to determine %'s or s rank names. For non s rank weapons the first byte (P1) determines the area that the stat will affect (ie. Native, Altered Beast, Machine, Dark or Hit.) The second byte (the second P1) is a hexidecimal representation of the actual %. Any bytes past P3 are null and can't be used for a 4th %.

So, I don't want to see any flaming or personal arguments back and forth. Stay on topic and discuss your favorite Double Saber so that this thread doesn't end up getting locked. Thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-04-22 14:23 ]</font>

Undeadpriest
Apr 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
if you look above you will see he explained how he did this.

VioletSkye
Apr 22, 2007, 04:31 PM
uh, yeah. you go try it and take a picture for us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You can't "fool" the game into accepting more %'s for a weapon then the coding allows for. Also, as I already stated, stay on topic. If this turns into a debate about %'s or legit vs non-legit, it will get locked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-04-22 14:46 ]</font>

otana_uk
Apr 22, 2007, 05:04 PM
Nice self-advice there VioletSkye..

As for a favourite, I choose the Black King Bar. Not that I have one.

pso-dude
Apr 22, 2007, 05:27 PM
i'd say that the partisan of lightning look the coolest, i want one so badly...

GreenArcher
Apr 22, 2007, 07:39 PM
Monkey King Bar, it complements my RAmarl's redness quite nicely. (Red/black costume, red hair, red barette, red sato, standstill shield + MKB/Gatlings = smexy

sparda336
Apr 22, 2007, 08:20 PM
nice choices, but partisan of lightning in my opinion is not very strong but it is without a doubt a good weapon. monkey king bar realy isnt much unless it is made into a black king bar, which is what i use on occasion. i dont realy have that big of an inventory in my bank for double sabers but ive got alot of other stuff. but moving on i guess. by the way its not that hard to manipulate codes on a game disk, it just requires alot of waiting on your part and years of practice with more simple games like sonic the hedgehog. but staying on subject, vote for your favorite and then explain yourself, i wanna know what truely is the best.

Tweengo
Apr 23, 2007, 09:59 AM
My fave is Demo as it was the first decent Double Saber I got. Then not long after I got a Met Cudgel http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif My other fave is a Black King Bar which I got from someone who could play online<<<(duped incase card corrupts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif ).

Cranberry
Apr 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
The regular Double Saber. It's the only one I can equip.

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 23, 2007, 09:34 PM
I would like to point out one thing though. You guys really shouldn't make up all that about %, I mean... you say that demo comet is better coz it's easier to find, can be grinded and coz by chance YOURS have %? C'mon. What about a double cannon? It's a uber, it's the most powerfull and the best looking too anyway. The only thing demo comet has of good is the handy special and it's not a weak double saber either, other than that I don't see reasons why ppl prefer it to the double cannon.

Undeadpriest
Apr 23, 2007, 09:54 PM
Its all about opinion some people prefer the Demo comet to the double-cannon...everybody know that the DC is the most powerful double-saber they just don't have the same opinion than you

Kevino
Apr 23, 2007, 10:44 PM
I use the Demo Comet with my hunter but I'm gonna get that double cannon if it kills me! It looks cooler.

sparda336
Apr 23, 2007, 11:13 PM
one more off subject question. can hacked mags affect drop rates for that character? or does it have nothing to do with it?

KojiroAK
Apr 23, 2007, 11:23 PM
I would say Demolition Comet.
(Because it's the strongest that i have now and i don't vote on a Weapon i don't have.)

If someone would give me a Double Cannon i wouldn't refuse it.

But still, on a Hunter, i prefer my Combats over every other single target weapon, i found till yet.
(Kicking enemie asses, while staying outside their range, is just priceless)

On 2007-04-23 21:13, sparda336 wrote:
one more off subject question. can hacked mags affect drop rates for that character? or does it have nothing to do with it?

Mags above Lv.200 and Items stacked over there native boarders (so if you stack PhotonDrops to 99 won't affect the droprates, while Trimate to 11 does), lowers the droprates of rares to nearby 0.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2007-04-23 21:37 ]</font>

Undeadpriest
Apr 23, 2007, 11:56 PM
all hacked stuff are killing your hope of having any rare stuff.

sparda336
Apr 24, 2007, 01:12 AM
thats not answering my question you nim rod :/

KojiroAK
Apr 24, 2007, 01:22 AM
On 2007-04-23 23:12, sparda336 wrote:
thats not answering my question you nim rod :/

Good you also did read my post, before answering and swearing to other people.

But in the hope you keep in future contenenace,
Hacking and Drop chances (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=101010&forum=4&57) in there you should find your answers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2007-04-23 23:25 ]</font>

sparda336
Apr 24, 2007, 03:19 AM
Thank you very much, appreciate the help. now i know that hacked mags like my chao can still be used but they have to be in the bank to not have an effect on drop rates.

Haze87
Apr 26, 2007, 02:52 AM
I only have one double saber its my Mushashi

KojiroAK
Apr 26, 2007, 03:41 AM
On 2007-04-26 00:52, Haze87 wrote:
I only have one double saber its my Mushashi

Musashi is a Twin Sword not a Double Saber.

Twin Sword = Two separate weapons, one in each Hand.
Does 5 Hit combos.

Double Saber = Two blades on a single weapon. (or a staff (Monkey King Bar) or a staff atached with blades on both ends. (Demo comet, Meteor Cudgel).
Does 6 Hit combos.

Joshie
Apr 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
Green is just my favorite color.

wufiei
May 17, 2007, 11:50 AM
It's a tie for me between Meteor Cudgel and Demolition Comet. One tears up the enemy with its' Devil Special while the other one simply looks more stylish (at least too meanyway). Especially on my HUcaseal.

Bezmor
May 17, 2007, 07:52 PM
I have all on the list except for Meteor cudle. And out of those Double Cannon. You cant beat counter rotating purple blades that shoot omnidirectional purple waves 3 times a combo and does Uber amount of damage. Ah yes the power. BKB isnt bad either. And twin blze spcial is sweet.

PSOgamer17
May 17, 2007, 08:21 PM
demo comet on the list but really the double cannon............... how did oyu forget that, it is the BEST dub. saber in the game!

Aileron
May 17, 2007, 09:28 PM
Partisan of lightning, the thing is hawt.

Xeno-Windgust
May 22, 2007, 10:27 AM
Can I say the Vivienne? o.o

Episode 4 Double Saber female exclusive. Really kicks some arse because of it's requirement (580 ATP) and it's good ATP. Needless to say it's an awesome weapon on female RAs and FOs...