PDA

View Full Version : xbox360-your character is tied to gamertag, right?

galaxy
Apr 21, 2007, 09:17 PM
im asking this because i just got the dreaded 3-red-ring light. I'm not freaking out because i have a replacement plan, so I'm going to go switch my xbox in tomorrow, but I just want to make sure I'm not losing my character.

additionally, a little off topic, but i only started to get problems with my 360 while playing an original xbox game. specifically, phantom dust, which was just recently added to the backwards compatibility list. would this have any effect as to why I just suddenly got the 3 red ring error? because if so, I don't want to play it any more.

Sychosis
Apr 21, 2007, 09:19 PM
Yes, just keep your hard drive and you'll be fine.

Sounds like an unfortunate coincidence to me.

Miyuki-chan
Apr 21, 2007, 09:20 PM
it's linked directly to your gamertag, but no worries! even if you have to replace your xbox,
when you turn your new one on, just select retrieve Gamertag from XBL and put in the
password for it, good to go ^^

Sychosis also brought up a great point too, keep the HDD and there will be no problems :)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyuki-chan on 2007-04-21 19:21 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Apr 21, 2007, 09:22 PM
You don't even have to keep your HDD to keep your character intact. It's just that it's a pain in the ass recovering your Live ID if you don't, and you don't want to lose all your gamesaves and downloaded content.

Sylpheed
Apr 22, 2007, 09:44 AM
On 2007-04-21 19:17, galaxy wrote:
im asking this because i just got the dreaded 3-red-ring light. I'm not freaking out because i have a replacement plan, so I'm going to go switch my xbox in tomorrow, but I just want to make sure I'm not losing my character.

additionally, a little off topic, but i only started to get problems with my 360 while playing an original xbox game. specifically, phantom dust, which was just recently added to the backwards compatibility list. would this have any effect as to why I just suddenly got the 3 red ring error? because if so, I don't want to play it any more.

That's interesting my 360 went and died on me after i used an original xbox game on mine halo2 to be exact the game just froze up and the red lights of doom flashed, but anyway like sychosis said coincidence http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

galaxy
Apr 22, 2007, 10:12 AM
ok thanks for the help guys.

now, there is no way that the HDD is what caused it, right? that is to say, if i kept my original hard drive, it would not create any problems, right? i don't see why that would be the cause, but I would hope not.

Parn
Apr 22, 2007, 10:24 AM
More often than not, 360s stop working because of the power supply. The 360 is very picky with input power.

galaxy
Apr 22, 2007, 02:34 PM
is there any way to prevent or even predict this happening again? i mean, if its bound to happen, then so be it, but I want to make sure I do whatever I can so that I don't have to switch out another xbox.