PDA

View Full Version : online story mode: where are the S rank missions?

SolomonGrundy
Apr 22, 2007, 02:59 PM
I have a level 71 charated who has completed all but 1 of the story mode chapters.

they are available in C, B, and A rank, but no S rank.

Does anyone know why? Do I have to beat the mission on A rank before I can get the S? DO I have to be level 80? Do I have to finish ALL the story mode missions?

Neith
Apr 22, 2007, 03:05 PM
There's no S-Rank Story missions. No idea why really either.

A2K
Apr 22, 2007, 03:18 PM
There isn't any real benefit to clearing them on any given difficulty, aside from the 10 PA Fragments you can only receive on Difficulty A the first (and only the first) time you clear a trial with Rank S. Completing a story mission even on Difficulty C will unlock the next mission on all difficulty levels anyway.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 22, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-04-22 13:18, A2K wrote:
There isn't any real benefit to clearing them on any given difficulty, aside from the 10 PA Fragments you can only receive on Difficulty A the first (and only the first) time you clear a trial with Rank S. Completing a story mission even on Difficulty C will unlock the next mission on all difficulty levels anyway.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

bingo. you get the frags for completeing A rank

FTW!

Hrith
Apr 26, 2007, 10:00 PM
So, I finally tried that chapter 7, and I must say SEGA completely screwed it. What the heck are they on?
Protecting the Festa 1 is absolutely impossible for a Fortegunner to get S Rank reward, what is the point of this?

I got all S Rank rewards in all 12 preceding story missions (six chapters, two missions per chapter) after only a few tries each time, but this one is beyond impossible. I tried it over twenty times, planning the best weapon type and PA to use against the monsters there (I am mostly using Yak Yoga and Barada Yoga + Sturm Buster + traps), I cannot get anything but C Rank, and I'm not even close to B Rank since I'm not getting any points for my time (18 minutes).

Anyone got tips to kill Dilnazens and Gaozorans as fast as possible with a Fortegunner?
Has someone even achieved S Rank on this mission? Which class?
Is there something I'm missing about that mission?

This is annoying. Why make a mission in which it is absolutely impossible to get S Rank with a certain class? >=/

james_b
Apr 27, 2007, 07:00 PM
^ get hunter 10 and kill em with b rank weps.

Hrith
Apr 28, 2007, 07:30 AM
ok... look at that picture:

http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/hunter10.png

And tell me how +28 ATP, -315 ATA, much worse weapons, Lv20 skills and Lv10 bullets is gonna make me go faster, again?

Think before posting >_>

SStrikerR
Apr 28, 2007, 07:44 AM
yeah that was kinda stupid thing to say..unless you were being sarcastic, but then... even then, not really funny

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 28, 2007, 11:36 AM
I got S on the first part of Protect the Festa....on C.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 28, 2007, 01:20 PM
I expect sega was not thinking of someone getting an S on all story missions

speaking of, when it comes to those story missions, do you get 10 frags for EACH PART? or just the second part?

RadiantLegend
Apr 28, 2007, 01:27 PM
You get 10 frags for EACH PART.

Sorry kef, wish I could help but I'm still stuck trying to syn a better ground spear so I can get Srank on chpt 5 part 2. (._. havent tried it since 70/10fF, not sure how 10 lvs would help)

SolomonGrundy
Apr 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-04-28 11:27, Ragolismine wrote:
You get 10 frags for EACH PART.

Sorry kef, wish I could help but I'm still stuck trying to syn a better ground spear so I can get Srank on chpt 5 part 2. (._. havent tried it since 70/10fF, not sure how 10 lvs would help)

holy crap - that's THE kef?!

Zorafim
Apr 28, 2007, 04:09 PM
Heh, I can't even get a B rank in the missions on A as a lv72 fortefighter.

Hrith
Apr 29, 2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks for your inputs, Aim and Zorafim.

This mission is amazingly difficult to beat with S Rank, it annoys me =/
It's not that I need the 10 PA frags, it's just that I have obtained S Rank on all the missions before that one, and I intend to get S Rank on all of them ;x

Aim, 5-2 is the Mine with Nav following you? I found it easy enough as Fortegunner (S Rank the 3rd try), why do you have trouble?
The thing is, I had to melee as a Fortegunner to get S Rank, so I thought it would be easier as Fortefighter. I guess Dark Shot and Yak Megiga Lv30 help a lot more than I thought.
I have a 22% Earth Muktrand you can borrow, if you need.

RadiantLegend
Apr 29, 2007, 08:52 AM
I'll try it again today and if i remember correctly you have to kill everything.

Hrith
Apr 29, 2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I found my 5-2 pic: http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/5-2_rank.png

I've given up on 7-1, until I can try as Fortefighter or something ;s