PDA

View Full Version : Grom vs. Rafal

Zorafim
Apr 22, 2007, 10:25 PM
Which one does overall more damage? I basically only use them on bosses or slow moving sub bosses (jarbas too), so I need a pure damage SUV. Status doesn't matter to me, even. So, which should I choose?

A2K
Apr 22, 2007, 10:38 PM
Honestly? It seems about the same to me. Admittedly I haven't done an exceptional amount of research into the matter, but, after a long stretch of using mainly Rafal, I decided to put that away and dust off Grom for a bit, so it is a bit fresher in my mind.

Midicronica
Apr 22, 2007, 10:41 PM
I use the Rafal. It just seems that it hits more than the Grom. Of course, I could be completely wrong. Just as A2K is doing, I should try using the Grom for awhile.

Off-Topic: You're on 360, aren't you, A2K?! Everyone wants to play with you!

:ninjaedit: Now that I think about, I know why I prefer Rafal over Grom. It's the longer range. Rafal is pretty nice to use on smaller monsters because of the impressive damage it spews out. With the Grom, (which I just used on a group of Vanda Merha's 5 minutes ago) I knocked them out of range and I only deal about a half of the damage I could have. Some might argue that the Grom has a larger AoE (that means Area of Effect, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) but to be honest they seem about the same.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-04-22 20:55 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Apr 23, 2007, 06:30 AM
I prefer Rafal because of the Zalure effect. It affects a much larger group of enemies. I haven't used Grom since Rafal came out though, so for pure numbers, I couldn't tell you.

ashley50
Apr 23, 2007, 02:00 PM
If it comes to overall damage, I'd prefer to use the GRM Buster at any time. It does almost 900-1000 damage to bosses when I use it, While Rafal still falls on 400-500 range at Lv80/10.

Gen2000
Apr 24, 2007, 12:34 AM
Grom does more but I prefer Rafal (the few times I use it over Strum) because it looks more badass.

RadiantLegend
Apr 24, 2007, 06:35 AM
I use grom most of the time. I think it does more.

DemonCloak
Apr 25, 2007, 01:22 PM
Pretty sure Grom is better, could be wrong though.

Sharkyland
Apr 26, 2007, 04:31 PM
Grom
- wide beams giving shock

Rafal
- linear gatling giving zalure (lvl 2?)

Dealing with small enemies:
- Make sure you have them close to the wall or they will fly out of the range of the weapon

Dealing with large enemies:
- They will usually never get moved out of the range of the SUV

---

My opinion: If there is a force near me, I'd do Rafal (more chances of critical hits).

TeKneeK
Apr 26, 2007, 06:57 PM
With grom i hit for 1100+ each hit. Not gonna comment of rafal since i've never used it myself.

Most people would probably say that grom deals more raw damage though.

BahnKnakyu
Apr 26, 2007, 11:52 PM
On 2007-04-23 22:34, Gen2000 wrote:
Grom does more but I prefer Rafal (the few times I use it over Strum) because it looks more badass.

That's the only reason why I use Rafal.