PDA

View Full Version : Don't tell me what I said.

PhotonDrop
Apr 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
So this friend of mine, she is generally a cool person and has been a friend since I was a kid. Never had one serious arguement before, til a month ago at least.

Happy days she gets laid and I don't really care, I hate her boyfriend because of how he acts and she knows it. So as a friend I tell her to be careful and not screw up. She says she knows and blah. I remind her of how she told me once that EVERY girl says "they know" and next thing you know they're pregnant. This whole time I'm talking like I would any other conversation - - indifferent and casual, no sarcasm or plain being an ass. So she gets upset with me and we are at odds for a week or so, along with her boyfriend sending me threats(my kid brother could take the fucker, who's he kidding?).

But you see, thats not the problem. Yesterday that day gets brought up by another friend who was present. Now this guy, he's the type that goes out of his way to be a pain in the ass and can never be taken seriously because he laughs about everything. Suddenly I find myself hearing how I was so angry that day, and I was criticizing her sex life, the hell? Okay, still, no real problem, so I explain myself.

"You didn't say that!! You were criticizing my sex life! He heard you and I was on the phone with my boyfriend at the time, and HE heard you!"

I don't care how many punks heard me, nobody's going to tell me what I fucking said. Now this is somewhat hypocritical of me, but she was not on the phone. Her dad had taken it away from her on that very day. Eventually it boiled down to

"Did I really? What did I say?"

"You said... well, you were criticizing my sex life and..."

"HOW did I criticize your sex life? It was your first fucking time. So is saying be careful so you don't screw up your life criticism? Was being a friend and listening to you because you were nervous about it happening and needed to tell me criticism?"

"BUT HE HEARD YOU!"

"So what? He can't tell me what I said either, neither of you know what I said, You're just mad I wasn't happy for you."

Then I explain how I didn't care because I think her boyfriend is a douchebag who needs to grow up instead of trying to get into fights with people over the most simplistic matters, and she looks at me like I just spat in her grandmothers ashes and storms off.

So tell me, is it just me, or is the subject barely worth the fighting? I think this is completely stupid and should have never happened, how about you?

Garroway
Apr 24, 2007, 03:24 PM
Do what now?

Feelmirath
Apr 24, 2007, 04:28 PM
Sounds like it isn't worth the effort arguing about. If she won't listen to a friend, it's likely she'll only learn the hard way.

Still, there's always the "told you so" smugness to look forward to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DizzyDi
Apr 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
Tough love. Sometimes you gotta say whats on your mind and be straight up.
Every friendship has its ups and downs and if you two are true friends it should be alright after a while.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 24, 2007, 05:49 PM
Maybe the combination of my lack of first-hand knowledge of the situation and people involved as well as only seeing one side of what's going on has screwed my judgment, but here's what I'm thinking:

This guy's an ass, and she's blind to it; enamored by his "maturity" and masculinity. Am I correct in thinking that he is an older man? That's what the relationship sounds like. He's a bit at the root of the issue; because you've taken a stance against him, he's decided that he doesn't like you, and therefore he is using his influence to turn your friend against you (which is an evil thing, I think-- if you can't get along with someone's friends and family, you probably shouldn't be involved with them; if you have to change someone to turn him or her into what you want, then clearly you didn't want who they are).

On the other hand, the man must have some redeeming value, or you would be (or at least should be) more than mildly suggesting that she leave him. Either way, he doesn't sound like the sort of guy that deserves a young woman's virginity.

UnderscoreX
Apr 24, 2007, 06:38 PM
If she's as close a friend as you said she'll eventually apologize and see that you were only trying to help etc
But you need to be strong, and wait for her to come to you. Don't even think about trying to reconcile with her, you have to let her do it. God help you if you apologize to her! I will yell and probably use caps.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 24, 2007, 10:40 PM
sounds like you need to get laid...

Kidding!!!

this is pretty typical of a young, insecure relationship. A lot of walking on eggshells and indignant friends.

Firocket1690
Apr 24, 2007, 11:00 PM
On 2007-04-24 15:49, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:Either way, he doesn't sound like the sort of guy that deserves a young woman's virginity.

You can basically ignore the rest of Meira's post. That probably wasn't that important anyway. PWNED. x)

On a more serious note.
"The wise dog doesn't get involved in catfights."
Or something. >_>;

Love blinds people to common sense, it'll pass. Eventually.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2007-04-24 21:01 ]</font>

Dre_o
Apr 24, 2007, 11:28 PM
The Ninja strikes when the time is right,
But the Knight knows not to strike at all.
The Ninja knows when to run,
The Knight knows when to stand fast.
The Ninja uses words for the fast road,
The Knight uses words for peace and the long road.

Knight or Ninja?

(A poem by....me)

Anyways, I agree, you have no option but to stand fast and not apologize. If you apologize and reconcile, things will become an icy shit hole real fast. Your friend must make the first move.

omegapirate2k
Apr 25, 2007, 01:20 AM
Your probably going to kill me for this, buuut.

On 2007-04-24 12:32, PhotonDrop wrote:
omega rocks my socks.

Thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Apr 25, 2007, 02:55 AM
On 2007-04-24 23:20, omegapirate2k wrote:

omega rocks my socks.

Thanks but, really, Sychosis taught me everything I know.

Aww shucks.

omegapirate2k
Apr 25, 2007, 03:00 AM
On 2007-04-25 00:55, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-24 23:20, omegapirate2k wrote:

omega rocks my socks.

Thanks but, really, Sychosis taught me everything I know.

Aww shucks.

Touche, sychosis, touche...

Rainbowlemon
Apr 25, 2007, 06:35 AM
She didn't want to get pregnant, right? If not, I'd totally support what you did. Some people manage to avoid being told the truth for so long, that they're overly hurt when they hear it. By slapping the truth in her face, perhaps she's plummet back down to Earth and realise why you feel the way you do.

Or, being the way that people are, she may just shrug you off as jealous, have the baby, and fuck up her life. You may lose a friend, but is anyone that refuses blindly to listen REALLY a friend anyway?