PDA

View Full Version : Cant Start Game??

ViciousXUSMC
Apr 25, 2007, 12:17 AM
I have been away for a long time, kinda got burned out on the game and caught up in things in RL. But wanted to log on and check up on the game and maybe say hi to some friends and I cant get on!

I cant get even to the title screen game guard is saying "cannot connect to game guard server" or something along those lines.

I tried a PC restart to no avail, then figured maybe somthing got curropted since I had not played in so long, so did a full uninstall --> reinstall. Still the same issue, Game Guard is not connecting and thus the game wont start. Says I may be behind a firewall or somthing but im not.

So yeah, anybody had/have this problem and know a resolution. Kinda sucks paying for a game you cant even play.

Orin654
Apr 25, 2007, 12:27 AM
Try deleting the Gameguard folder

AC9breaker
Apr 25, 2007, 12:39 AM
Yo! Its funny, I was just sayang to myself yesterday, "I wonder what ever happened to that dood who use to do cool tat photoshops"

I don't think its your gameguard folder, by any chance have you switched your routers or has someone altered your network settings? I suspect its the settings on your router that may be causing this. Particularly MTU. If you can access your routers settings try enabling your MTU value to 1420.

ViciousXUSMC
Apr 25, 2007, 02:41 PM
Hmm I very highly doubt anybody has messed with the router. No reason too and the MTU has always been the same (I think its 1480 from memory due to that being optimal for my ISP) Possible to be somthing in the registry??