PDA

View Full Version : offline challenge mode?

3---Hit---U
Apr 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
hey I was wondering, whats the best team for a S rank challenge mode. I never challenge moded before so Im gonna need some practice and tips. I can probably get 4 people but I know i can get at least 3. How hard is it to get s rank? can you play ep2 challenge mode offline? thanks in advance for all the tips.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 3---Hit---U on 2007-04-26 14:34 ]</font>

Banish
Apr 26, 2007, 05:12 PM
If you own PSO PLUS, you can play EPI 2 Challenge Mode Offline.

For the teams, have at least 1 Hucast.

Jaspaller
Apr 26, 2007, 05:41 PM
A force is pretty much essential for healing the droids and humans that can't heal themselves.

A HUcast is a good choice.

As a third I would recommend either a HUcaseal or RAcast for shooting down traps with handguns.

kevlar_pso
Apr 26, 2007, 05:52 PM
2 hucasts, 1 force and a hucaseal or a racast. I would study the maps if I were you. In addition, since you have not played any Challenge Mode, print them out, so you can have them handy when you need to referr to them.

toly369
Apr 26, 2007, 10:02 PM
Can an S-rank time be accomplished offline with two people? I mean I'm sure it can, but which characters would be the most effective? Same question for episode 2 challenge mode since I got Plus ^_^.

Splash
Apr 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-04-26 20:02, toly369 wrote:
Can an S-rank time be accomplished offline with two people? I mean I'm sure it can, but which characters would be the most effective? Same question for episode 2 challenge mode since I got Plus ^_^.

Yes, but extremely difficult to do.

If only two players were allowed, then the best bet would be a HUcast and a FOnewearl, HUcast for offense and FOnewearl staying behind for support. If you are super good at dodging and timing attacks, then you won't need help from a FOney as much. In this case, a HUcaseal would be the replacement.

toly369
Apr 26, 2007, 10:23 PM
hmm...i dont really need support from a FO since I can handle myself fairly well, but I'm also encountered with the problem of never having played as an android before ;$ I <3 my resta. -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toly369 on 2007-04-26 20:25 ]</font>

Splash
Apr 27, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-04-26 20:23, toly369 wrote:
hmm...i dont really need support from a FO since I can handle myself fairly well, but I'm also encountered with the problem of never having played as an android before ;$ I <3 my resta. -.-

Resta shouldn't be a deal because, as I said, if you know how to dodge and time your attacks, healing is a minimal problem.

Here's the deal. If androids aren't your choice, then you only have a limited choice. All of the Rangers are useless because they deal very few damage thus take longer to clear rooms. All humans are useless because they can get poison/paralysis and you have a limited supply of those, and since you don't need a FO for support, no Anti help to save you from paralysis if it happens. So the only much choice left is a HUney, a FOnewn, and a FOney. FOnewns doesn't get a boost for simple techs and support so it makes him useless. So practically the only choices left is either a HUney or a FOney.