PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing good so far?

MikeMaker
Apr 28, 2007, 02:48 PM
I just wanted to ask if I'm currently doing good in this game.
Being that this is my first run-through the game and it's a quite enjoyable game.

I'm using a RAmar named MikeMakeR (Purplenum.)
Level 25 using a switch between a +6 Freeze Mechgun/ +4 Lockgun/ Thunder Buster
My MAG is a level 51 Kama.
The following is a stats list with equipment:
ATP 320/ 268/ 176 (Thunder Buster/ Lockgun/ Mechgun)
DFP 101
MST 118
ATA 141/ 137/ 106 (Thunder Buster/ Lockgun/ Mechgun)
EVP 238
LCK 12

I'm currently at Ruins and it's too late for me to get the elusive Soul Eater.
Sorry if it's long or hard to read XD

DC_PLAYER
Apr 28, 2007, 02:54 PM
hmm, nice, later in the game you can change the mag outcome so it has nice abilities to fit you ramar, don't you have a shot or something? it would be nice.
late to get the soul eater? just finish the quests and play them again to obtain easily the weapon.
on hard you will start to find rare weapons

Banish
Apr 28, 2007, 02:59 PM
You're doing well...go on and fight Dark Falz.

Mechguns will work well, try to find an Assault.

Splash
Apr 28, 2007, 03:07 PM
Aye, as DC player said, you should change around your equipment when you are at a higher level. For now, this is really good. I would suggest not to use every material you see, as there is a limit amount for a character.

Ithildin
Apr 29, 2007, 11:50 PM
Whats your mag stats?

MikeMaker
Apr 30, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-04-29 21:50, Ithildin wrote:
Whats your mag stats?

After some leveling up it's a LVL 59 Kama:
Def 16
Pow 26
Dex 11
Mind 6

Ithildin
Apr 30, 2007, 04:35 PM
I would'nt bother with anymore mind or def btw. If you are a RAmar get your dex to 66-70 and put the rest on power http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PSOgamer17
Apr 30, 2007, 07:26 PM
mmm. doing pretty good so far... will be able to do better once this character is established and then you can hand down a better mag and items to future characters

MikeMaker
Apr 30, 2007, 08:50 PM
The difficulty sure does make a significant jump once you enter hard mode.

Boomas went from being as tough as a piece of grass to being some beefed up guy on steroids. Even so, they aren't hard still but they do take quite the punishment before they are killed.

They take about 6 normal attacks from my mechgun.

Kevino
May 1, 2007, 12:39 AM
i'd look at the mag galeries and look at which you like best then get it to the stats while being usefull and not just show. Also you NEED a shot/photon shooter (go w/ shot) and a rifle/mechgun/handgun if you go with mech you need handgun/rifle for 4 form of falz so you can hit him. If you want the Mat plan & mag plan for a perf RAmar just ask although so far the best i can do requires you use 3 slots to perfect at 200... but it still perfect!

ashaz
May 6, 2007, 02:10 PM
i think its pretty good, try using a mechgun weapon and a shot weapon, and a rifle weapon for good distance.
and when you're a high lvl why not try the photon launcher? i got one recently and couldnt use it (i'm a lvl 61 FOmar with section id pinkal, so i can't really use it)

MikeMaker
May 6, 2007, 09:27 PM
Update:

After numerous hours of constant battling and acquiring new items I decided to post an update of my progress thus far.

Level 43 Ramar (Purplenum)
Using a switch between a H&S25 Justice/ +3 Draw Shot/ +3 Varista/ +1 Panic Pallasch
Stats list (With equips):
ATP 508/ 500/ 315/ 314 (Pallasch ,Varista, Draw Shot, H&S25 Justice)
DFP 152
MST 172
ATA 160/ 160 / 149/ 140 (Pallasch, Varista, Draw Shot, H&S25 Justice)
EVP 372/ 352 (Varista, Draw Shot)
LCK 14

My MAG is a level 67 Kama:
DEF 18
POW 30
DEX 13
Mind 6

Again, sorry if this post is long and hard to read XP

Forgot to mention that I'm on hard mode, up to the mines, and I can still go ahead and get the Soul Eater.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MikeMaker on 2007-05-06 20:05 ]</font>

Kevino
May 6, 2007, 11:26 PM
lv 43 and still in hard? Also soul eater is pure trophy it's not that good

Splash
May 7, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-05-06 19:27, MikeMaker wrote:
Update:

After numerous hours of constant battling and acquiring new items I decided to post an update of my progress thus far.

Using a switch between a H&S25 Justice/ +3 Draw Shot/ +3 Varista/ +1 Panic Pallasch
DFP 152
MST 172
LCK 14

DEF 18
POW 30
DEX 13
Mind 6

Forgot to mention that I'm on hard mode, up to the mines, and I can still go ahead and get the Soul Eater.

Okay, for one, you should get a new mag to prepare yourself for Very Hard and Ultimate. I suggest you should get a 8/50/26/0, at the current rate before LV55. Just remember to keep feeding it occasionally as you doing the area. But if you don't want to raiser another mag, then don't feed anymore items that raises its DEF or MIND. Those are nearly pointless at higher difficulties.

Soul Eater isn't bad. Use the special to deal 2x damage, at the cost of HP. It is also good for crowd control, as it is a partisan weapon. Much faster than the shot.

SStrikerR
May 7, 2007, 05:58 AM
for your shot, try and get a better one, like crush bullet, which i find everywhere on hard with a viridia.

MikeMaker
May 7, 2007, 04:14 PM
On 2007-05-06 22:00, Splash wrote:

On 2007-05-06 19:27, MikeMaker wrote:
Update:

DFP 152
MST 172
LCK 14

DEF 18
POW 30
DEX 13
Mind 6

Okay, for one, you should get a new mag to prepare yourself for Very Hard and Ultimate. I suggest you should get a 8/50/26/0, at the current rate before LV55. Just remember to keep feeding it occasionally as you doing the area. But if you don't want to raiser another mag, then don't feed anymore items that raises its DEF or MIND. Those are nearly pointless at higher difficulties.

Soul Eater isn't bad. Use the special to deal 2x damage, at the cost of HP. It is also good for crowd control, as it is a partisan weapon. Much faster than the shot.

Can do. It's a good thing I found an extra Mag in the mines while on easy mode. Thanks for the suggestion XD I offer you some cookies in return.

Splash
May 7, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-05-07 14:14, MikeMaker wrote:
Can do. It's a good thing I found an extra Mag in the mines while on easy mode. Thanks for the suggestion XD I offer you some cookies in return.

Yay! Are they chocolate? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But anyways, even with that suggested mag, you should go beyond that and help raise it to the max (which is level 200). As you do the areas, try feeding your mag consistently. In the end, the mag should be something like 8/142/50/0 (def/pow/dex/mind respectively). It might take some time but it will definitely helpful for the higher difficulties.

Militrant
May 7, 2007, 08:36 PM
Hmm. i had a level 70 RAmar..
(but i deleted it for a RAcaseal http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

here were my weapons.

JUSTY-23ST +15
FINAL IMPACT +25 (i think)
K&14 COMBAT +20

alright since you're a purplenum in HARD mode, dont think you're gonna get these weapons immediatley.

you'll have an alright chance of getting the L&K, but you wont get a FINAL IMPACT, becqause usually viridia gets them the most.

neither will you get the JUSTY, because greenill and skyly get them alot.you want a METEOR SMASH, L AND K 14 COMBAT, and a WALS MK2. you should have no trouble getting these items.. maybe a bit trouble with the L&K..

dont grind them up, considering youll get better weapons in ULT. but if you have these 3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and dont have a skyly, viridia, or greenill, then you might as well grind them up, because you're gonna have em' for a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ditch the saber. with a low level ranger, its fine, but as you get better, so do the enimies.. and youll be no match for a BARTLE with a KALADBOLG or a DBS SABER, or even a DURANDAL.

if you want a melee weapon, stick with a grinded STAG CUTLERY (even thats risking it.) or a partisian. (rare one of course)

TrishTrosh
May 10, 2007, 08:25 PM
yeah, a better shot is probley going to help alot, I fergot which was better the crush bullet or the meteor smash but that might help a tad.

MikeMaker
May 11, 2007, 10:58 AM
I have a Storm Cannon in storage but I never use it.
Should I bring it out to join the fun? XD

Banish
May 11, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-05-11 08:58, MikeMaker wrote:
I have a Storm Cannon in storage but I never use it.
Should I bring it out to join the fun? XD

Not really, a Crush Bullets even better.