PDA

View Full Version : partner machine matchups for each class.(final stage, ya kno

SStrikerR
Apr 28, 2007, 04:09 PM
note-i dont know the names for all of them, so if a mod does, and wants to put it here, fine.

hunter- a force pm that heals a lot would help, or one that provides cover fire.

ranger- a hunter type pm that uses swords, so while you shoot away at em, if one or 2 gets to close, your pm can guard you, from a further distance away.

force- hmm, a pm that goes crazy with swords, so all you had to do was hit em all with whatever tech it does that hits enemies far away, and the tech appears right on them. after that, all you have to do is heal your pm, maybe buff it, and if you get a chance, try a dam technic. or the kind that appears right at your feet if they get to close for comfort.

i have to leave for right now, so ill do the other classes and their pms later, and a note to mods, if you must, put in the data that i missed. =/

Zorafim
Apr 28, 2007, 04:11 PM
Hunters want healing, forces want damage. Thus, a 45x and 41x respectively would be wanted. Rangers, my guess would be either or. They won't get hit as much if they have a tank, but they won't have to heal as much if they have a techer.

SStrikerR
Apr 29, 2007, 11:05 AM
i agree with you pretty much. and lemme put in a little more.

If you're a reckless idiot, go for a force one.
If you're a wimp (not many of us here lol), get a ranged or hunter one, if youre scared one will get to close, get a hunte one, if you plan on being a rifles distance away, get a ranged one.
If your in between....hmmm id go with a force or a ranger one.

edit: moar to come, just dont feel like it nnow

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryan113 on 2007-04-29 09:05 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Apr 30, 2007, 10:14 AM
In general, I typically go for whatever PM *completes* your class in filling up all the responsibilities. A Guntecher fills the Ranged and Support services, so the majority of what they don't have falls within the Hunter classes. A good 410 or a 420 fills in their position nicely. Particularly before the PM alterations came into play, I liked the 420 because of her independant fighting status. A straight 410 stays closer to the subject and thus brings more danger close to you. A Guntecher does not want anything close to them, particularly if they aren't maxed in the class. When the 420 activates, she gets going on the beasts and will stay further away. A good distration and a heavy damage hitter, to keep the Guntecher safer and provide the direct damage they lack.

The 420 has one weakness to this plan. They can bloodlust and keep fighting monsters instead of disengaging to follow their master. Sometimes, you have to get pretty far away to get them to stop. So in general, you need to be on top of them and be early to heal and/or make an escape if they start getting into trouble (and you lack the resources to keep them healed). Still, that little problem does not outweigh the many benefits of everything else it does for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-30 08:17 ]</font>

biggabertha
Apr 30, 2007, 11:41 AM
Oops, I guess picking the ones that looked good was a pretty bad mistake then... Ha ha ha ha!

Still, I sort of wish I could have given my Protranser a GH-450 or GH-452 series just for the spammable resta in exchange for sadism and pyrotechnics. I'm stuck with the all-purpose GH-440 which is decent enough for me I guess.

On-Topic: The 42x series, do they have any different benefits at all from the general 420? Or does the 421 do something amazingly different to the 422? Or each other? I know my friend's 452 behaves diffferently but does the weapon change make much of a difference to the 42x and 41x series?

Akaimizu
Apr 30, 2007, 12:44 PM
I can't really say anything about the 421. The 422, more or less, behaves similar to the 420, but with different weapons. The main change is different melee weapons (uses Fists, most of the time), dialogue, and the addition of an SUV weapon.