PDA

View Full Version : Ok Im getting pissed at this for making me do this every tim

Pikku
Apr 29, 2007, 04:18 PM
Can someone tell me WHY I must have my PSU DVD into the drive to play it either online or offline...?

Well... not why it must be in there but...
Well...

The problem is everytime I take out the DVD to, lets say, put a music CD in, or, to install new programs, or, to burn something (I dont know, simply to take out the PSU DVD from the player), every time I take out the PSU DVD from the player and put it back in, the game will never run again until I reinstall the game from scratch again.
Luckily Im not on Dial up anymore (Oh thank god seriously...) because everytime I do this I have to download every patch all over again (1st week of PSU I had to be online for over 2 days straight for the patches to download... think about how long it would take now if I was on dial up...) so its not a big problem, but it IS getting on my nerves that I must be doing this all the time.

Im sure no one else here is having this kind of problem...
Why is this happening...?

RedX
Apr 29, 2007, 04:31 PM
You don't have to have the disc in to play.

Pikku
Apr 29, 2007, 04:35 PM
Ok then why when I dont have the disc in... I press the icon... hit network mode.... it doesnt work?

SabZero
Apr 30, 2007, 08:29 AM
First of all, you *have* to install the directX from the dvd, even if you already had directX 9.

Check if your graphics card drivers are maybe replacing some files regularly?! Can't think of anything else (than directX related, and graphcis card drivers mess with that).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SabZero on 2007-04-30 06:31 ]</font>