PDA

View Full Version : memory card corrupt... for the 4th time

PSOgamer17
Apr 30, 2007, 08:16 PM
i have had four memory cards on the gamecube go corrupt on me (all different) but only 2 have lost ult. characters. Is there any way to work around a corrupt card and be able tokeep the characters on it with a special trick or something. ANYTHING WILL HELP. i am so pissed characters are dying HELP ME!

Jaspaller
Apr 30, 2007, 08:19 PM
If your not already using them, use nintendo brand memory cards. Third party cards seem to corrupt easier.

PSOgamer17
Apr 30, 2007, 08:22 PM
thanks Jaspeller that is the last one that corrupted and it corrupted with less than 200 hrs. of total gameplay(all characters combined)

VioletSkye
Apr 30, 2007, 08:23 PM
Try deleting the guild card.

Also are you using official Nintendo memory cards? Third party cards use different types of compression which PSO doesn't always like and they also don't always write PSO data back to the same address location on the memory card which again PSO doesn't like. Those are the two biggest reasons why corruption can happen more often on third party cards. For most all other games it's not an issue, but PSO is really picky about how the data is compressed and also how and where it is stored/written back on the memory card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-04-30 18:26 ]</font>

Aileron
Apr 30, 2007, 08:51 PM
Wow dude, that really sucks. Like the other guys said, try getting an official nintendo memory card. They don't corrupt as much as the third party cards.

Banish
May 1, 2007, 04:32 PM
That's not good to hear...

My only advise is too limit your playing like to 1 hour or so, that might make things easier.

Good Luck with playing.

3---Hit---U
May 1, 2007, 04:44 PM
none of these worked with my card but they MIGHT work for you:
1. Delete guild card file
2. Take memory card out and put back in
2.1. Take memory card out for a day and then try again

Hop they work for you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

concussionman
May 2, 2007, 09:25 AM
I heard somewhere previously on this site that if you put a non-corupted card into the GC and the corrupted card into the other slot, then transfer the characters onto the other card as temp characters, you can turn off the GC, then put a different card into the second slot where the corrupted card was and transfer the characters back on to the good card.

I don't have a corrupted card to do this with, so if I am wrong please correct me.

Ithildin
May 2, 2007, 09:33 AM
I have tried all of the solutions listed above and not one of them worked... But, hey! Give it a shot and let us know how you get on... Good luck!

Tweengo
May 2, 2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah I know how you feel about your card corrupting. Happened to me twice, but that was by people turning it off while saving (have my own 2 cards now so that won't happen anymore). Also I tried to save once, but it wouldn't let me even though I was using the original card for that character, so I had to turn it off and load everything back up, minus the Demo Comet and Red Sword I just found http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

P.S The only way you can save your stuff really is to dupe them onto another memory card so you have back-ups, like me. Don't ask me how though as the rules of this forum are stingy and won't let anyone explain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif To be honest though, I don't really see the point of the Dupe rule now as PSO for the consoles is dead. But still don't ask.