PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Return to PSO

hoosier5x
May 1, 2007, 09:00 AM
I played PSO on the Xbox back in 2003. Since then, I've played FFXI, WoW, and I'm currently playing LotRO. However, I downloaded and started playing PSOBB. I have really been enjoying it thus far. I'm actually thinking about making a full time return to the game. I just wanted to know if there's a decent number of people still playing PSOBB and how the hacking/duping situation is now? It was out of control on the Xbox when I finally left. Is it worth my time to return?

GreenArcher
May 1, 2007, 09:13 AM
It's well worth it to come back. There may only be 40-50 people total (30 on a time), but you get to know everybody, and everybody is really nice. There is a large challenge mode group considering the population size. Also, should you decide the population is too small or want to quit, for the equivalant of a months payment you can get your account copied to the *other server*, which has no monthly payments. (no sure if that's crossing the line with PSO-W's policy)

DC_PLAYER
May 1, 2007, 10:00 AM
for example, i showed my friends PSO BB and they like it and some are planing into playing it as in a full time game, however, i showed not the official server, because that means they would have to play and the community is lower, so i showed another server (DO NOT COMMENT THIS) and they enjoyed the game, one of my frieds played pso ver.1 for dreamcast and he like alot PSO BB........on pso bb the hacking is not alowed even on private servers the hackers cannot show off, they show off cheats and they will be banned instantly, but 98% of the people are there to play legit and simply to kill rappies again......go on and kill some for your self.....

Saffran
May 1, 2007, 10:59 AM
You COULD pay 8 bucks a month and come to the jp servers though. They probably have more to them than the private ones.
I know, language is a barrier etc etc. I'll just go back to hunting a legit Red Ring I guess...

DC_PLAYER
May 1, 2007, 11:44 AM
on private servers they puted that drop and removed it after a while, so only a few players have those items.

hoosier5x
May 1, 2007, 12:04 PM
Not quite sure how to do any of that stuff. I signed up for an account on the North American servers and am definitely looking forward to getting back in the game.

Ryno
May 1, 2007, 06:21 PM
hey i rarely play pso bb, and sometimes pso X. and i'm still paying for it.

hoosier5x
May 2, 2007, 03:00 PM
I have three other people that have started playing - two returning and one new player to the game. Lots of good memories in this game before all the hacking/duping took place back in the Xbox version. Feel free to say hello if you see Hoos running around the lobby.

mrnanoblast
May 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
whats psox ive never heard of it