PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: No one rarely plays PSOX anymore.

Jkid
May 2, 2007, 09:51 AM
I don't play PSOX very much for various reasons (one of which because I'm at a university.), but yesterday night reminded me how Microsoft abandoned this game. It seems like everyone went to the Xbox 360 or PSOBB/PSU. And the only players available are either hackers or child brats. I could not find a VH game or a Episode 2 room anymore. These days during peak time the popular server only gets at most 20-30 people. If MS really hates this game so bad, why not shut it down. I'll bet that PSOX-JP has still an active community, and probably has eternal Christmas too.

Should I just move on to PSOBB? (I would move on to PSU but I prefer the Xbox 360 version, and I do not have a Xbox 360 yet.)

Jaspaller
May 2, 2007, 04:34 PM
I would say that depends on how long you plan on playing for. As far as I can tell based on people's responses, SEGA isn't doing much for the PSOBB servers either and the community is pretty low there as well. There's still a few decent players on PSO-X like me and Kevlar_pso. In the end it might be ALOT better just to hunt down the private servers seeing as they have a fairly large population, larger than the official ones and PSO-X. (and as usual, talk of how to get to the private servers are off limits...)

If your sticking for a short period it might be a good idea to stay where you are, otherwise move up to PSOBB.

If you choose to stick around you can add me to your friends list and I'll give you a hand.

xjustsumloser
May 3, 2007, 10:36 AM
AFAIK the BB servers have around the same ammount of people are PSOX right now. I havent been on PSOX in about 6 months, but sounds about the same as when I left. If they make the game BC in the next August update, ill give it a shot with my 1month HL on my new gamertag.

kevlar_pso
May 3, 2007, 02:06 PM
On 2007-05-02 07:51, Jkid wrote:
I don't play PSOX very much for various reasons (one of which because I'm at a university.), but yesterday night reminded me how Microsoft abandoned this game. It seems like everyone went to the Xbox 360 or PSOBB/PSU. And the only players available are either hackers or child brats. I could not find a VH game or a Episode 2 room anymore. These days during peak time the popular server only gets at most 20-30 people. If MS really hates this game so bad, why not shut it down. I'll bet that PSOX-JP has still an active community, and probably has eternal Christmas too.

Should I just move on to PSOBB? (I would move on to PSU but I prefer the Xbox 360 version, and I do not have a Xbox 360 yet.)

I feel your pain Jkid. I have seen all my favorite teammates and friends move on. Feba, Undertow, Corrosion, Haruna, Psyblade, HNIC, Yummy, Greaseman, ect., ect. I have actually seen the servers peak at 50 ppls on several different occasions. Believe it or not I can still get a team together for Challenge Mode. If you happen to get on during the block I am on then look me up. 8:45 AM PST - 5 PM PST weekdays is when I can be found if I am not too busy. I may have to add you again though. I will send you a request when I get on my Xbox.

I have also convinced two of my friends from 1up.com to make the move to PSO-X. DaMan and NSonic will be with us shortly on Dav 10. In addition to Jaspaller you can find Draven and Blossom to round out your team. If you are serious about coming back to PSO-X let me know. Send me a PSO-World PM.

I would like to play PSU myself and I preferr the 360 versoin as well. However, I am waiting to get an Elite w/my tax return since I do not have a 360 ATM. Then again I may not have time this summer for PSU.
(=^[

DaMan
May 9, 2007, 10:54 PM
We actually got some C-mode done earlier today thanks to kevlar_pso. Hopefully i'll be able to meet ya, jkid.

theonlyHNIC
May 10, 2007, 01:32 AM
C-mode on xbox? I might need to check this out.

xjustsumloser
May 10, 2007, 12:30 PM
even though the voice chat was done terribly in PSOX, it made cmode a hell of a lot easier to communicate item exchange.

TranzorZ
Jun 1, 2007, 05:13 AM
Yeah, PSOX is a graveyard. I still log on every once in a while. No one is on except Apatite. I never really got into challenge mode but my friends all were. Maybe I'll see you all around.

Getintothegame
Jun 1, 2007, 01:20 PM
I've been wanting to get on, but they need to make PSOX compatible or get PSOBB on there.

TranzorZ
Jun 9, 2007, 03:43 PM
BTW, if anyone is interested in forming a party to play, challenge mode or otherwise, I would be game. Post in here a good time. I am usually available late at night Pacific time. I work swing shift. On some days I might be available early in the day also.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 9, 2007, 04:24 PM
20 to 30 players at peak times, that's even less the on the dreamcast servers when they were online
O_o

kevlar_pso
Jun 12, 2007, 03:49 PM
8 AM - 3PM PST weekdays are when I can be found online. I usually play with Jaspaller, Blossom, Draven. MSG me on xbox live when you can play during the morning.

Jaspaller
Jun 12, 2007, 04:25 PM
I've moved onto PSU but my HL is still running... a month later...

I still wanna play this game but there aren't any people playing it really. I'll stop by as well if I'm on and not busy. Just send me a FR or invite or something.

zentetsua
Jul 9, 2007, 02:18 AM
I'm still into psox w/ my Ramar broly (i have no choice don't have BB or psu nor the money) IF i had online access u could find me around noon till late nite on vh or ult. i wish i had internet *sigh*. also i dunno how to dupe items and all of my rares i attained by playing 500+ hours w/ all my characters (partly waiting for a few things b4 continuing such as dinner, falling asleep ect. ect.).

Saligun
Jul 14, 2007, 02:44 PM
They need to get rid of that DAM STUPID LONG OVER RAN christmas lobby.(I know they never will,they happy to keep taken our money but to DAM lazy to at least restore the lobbies to normal,after this long being nice about it has become pointless)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevlar_pso
Jul 15, 2007, 05:31 PM
Try getting them to do it. I have tried.