PDA

View Full Version : GC: PSO Newbie Needs Advice

Glyph
Dec 11, 2002, 09:47 PM
I am fairly new to PSO having just gotten the game yesterday. I don't yet have the broadband adapter to play it online with the Gamecube but I am searching for one and intend to buy it.

I am hoping to make two charecters and I wanted to plan them out first since that is one of the things I enjoy doing... otherwise I just restart a charecter over and over and get nowhere.

I know I want one of the charecters to be a Newman Force, FOnewm I think? I heard they have the most powerful attack spells and that the regeneration on them is very nice. Esspecially when compared to the FOmar. I do want him to be able to use handguns and Mechguns and from what I have heard that is a good weapon for the... delicate newman forcer. For some reason it also seems like they are more uncommon than other classes. What stats should I raise on my mag? Just mind? And does raising mind raise the damage and effect of spells? What Photon Shifts should I try to get for his MAG? What items should I keep an eye our for? Last of all... what Section ID should I try to have for this charecter?

The other charecter I... well, it seems I almost need to have is a Android Ranger. RAcast I believe. This charecter I am looking to get items and such for my FOnewm since it is a lot easier to start off with a semi-good weapon and such for the FOnewm including enough cash to keep him in monofluids. I am not sure what weapon type I should go for with this charecter or what type of mag or stats... all I have been able to think about is high atp raising things perhaps? Or since I am mainly building this charecter to make my FOnewm a little easier should I pump the mag with mind and pass the mag on later? Also... what section ID for this charecter?

So many questions... some of them perhaps based on bad information but I would love help and opinions on this.

sogoX
Dec 11, 2002, 10:31 PM
you just said a mouthfull... ok you wana fonewm well it kinda depends on what you wanted to to. ok lets start off now

1. mind increases your mst by 2 for every 1 mind on the mag. it doesnt affect damage but some enemies are more prone to specific attack like fire or ice. you have to use your tech disks..the higher the lvl the faster you cast and more damage. defence helps. dex just raises you acuracy. forces shouldnt use guns but if you want you could rais the mags dex.

2. now for the mag it would depend on waht you feed it. you should go to the mag section and reed about it. because depenent on how much atp,mind,and dex you have will affect the mag evolution. the secion id should be on that would be useful to you. i personaly have my force as a pinkal so he finds more tech disk and highter lvl tech disks.

3. the hucast goes the same eccept he should be more atp and absolutly no mind. you should do as you initialy thought. just build his attack power. i would also suggest that you save all you minerals for later use. because newmands and andriods can only use 150 minerals so dont just use them. a hunters id depends on waht weapon you wana use. skyle will fidn swords,oran will find daggers. and so on.. just search this site for more info.

4.suggestions. try to lean the 3 attack combo for the hunter. look out for armor with 3 or 4 slots. anythinkg that is new you should keep untill the next lvl up weapon you find. if you just want to make you force ezer to rais then make him a yelowboze. for they find more money. but later on this kinda becomes pointless.

well thats all i can remeber from you questionair.

Glyph
Dec 11, 2002, 10:42 PM
RAcast not HUcast though a lot of that helps a ton. Still working to figure out what I should do with a FOnewm. Any who have played a FOnewm very high would love your perspective on it.

What would be the best sort of weapon for a RAcast for gathering lots of items? Planning on playing the RAcast mostly offline and my FOnewm online.

Maverynthia
Dec 12, 2002, 12:14 AM
I disagree with the no guns for forces.

Gun are a long range weapon and a force can't take much punishment so it's best for them to stay back. If the force runs out of magic, or needs to save it for a boss guns are the best thing. I reccomend mech guns since they fire 3 shots compared to a handguns single shot.

Many times have I heard people complain that the force got into the middle of combat and got squished. Also you can push enemies back away from people with the mech gun and give then some support.

Glyph
Dec 12, 2002, 12:43 AM
Oh... and what are minerals?

What kind of bonus to FOnewms get for the gi and ra spells if any?

How do their spells compare to a FOnewearls?