PDA

View Full Version : Slicers...

sMiLeY
Dec 11, 2002, 09:53 PM
Slicers, where do I start, they are the biggest pieces i have ever used i think, they aren't good for when u first get them (ruins on norm for all 3 of my chars) and the only thing they are good for is busting open boxes, i mean if u can get a decent slicer u can do some damage but those are so few and far between, i think they should throw this style of weapon out and get a better type ones....but yeah i'm just ranting on slicers, if anyone knows of a decent couple of slicers inform thou and i shall drop my grudge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sMiLeY on 2002-12-11 18:55 ]</font>

CaArtist
Dec 12, 2002, 04:53 PM
What they SHOULD so with slicers, in my opinion, is bring back Alis of PS4 double-slicer technique. SHe held one in each hand, and would toss out both blades simultaneously, hitting everything for very nice damage. I'd say there should be a balance issue here, but, well, Double Sabers basically make normal sabers completly crappy, so why shouldn't there be something thet can make Sword users and Partisan users think twice about their wep? Of course, in the end, Double slicers would probably be WAY too hard to balace.

Anyway, Slicers are useless when you find them, and so are shots and mechguns. None of these weps shows promise until you get a char strong enough to use them properly. After that, it's easy to see their true strengths. I admire the people who use slicers; I think they truly deserve some credit, they really try hard to master their wep, and it makes them diffrent from all the other HU people, hehe.

All that Said, I prefer Swords, and the Double Classes. Darnit, Sonic Team, there should be more special wep swords and partisans! And why in the world is it so hard to find an imperial pick now? One of the few weps that looks HOLY, heh. Ahh well, what ya gonaa do? Sayonara for now.

Elusive_Llama
Dec 13, 2002, 09:50 AM
I have this love/hate relationship with slicers. On one hand, I love my Rappy Fan because it's great to watch it in action, and it can hit so many enemies from a distance. It may not do much damage per hit (around 200 - 225+ on Ult. using hard attack), but it sure adds up over time. It is also an excellent softener and lets me cut them all down with my Demo Comet.

On the other hand, I hate slicers because I get too frickin' many of them.

What Sega should have done was make slicers attack faster and not require the user to step forward as he/she is swinging it. Then maybe it would lose its stigma as being an uber-crap weapon and become recognized as the mass-hit weapon for Hunters.

Tevren
Dec 13, 2002, 11:58 AM
I used to have a severe dislike of Slicers. Not anymore. Now, I view them as the HUnters shot weapon. They let you hit from a distance, and hit multiple targets. Ever seen waht a Rappy Fan can do in Ult Mines? Even one confused Gillchick is a big bonus. Going toe to toe in Mines is a bad idea, as things do not fall down easily. But using a Slicer, I can soften them up, and if I'm lucky, confuse one or two, and move in for the kill.

I do find a lot of Slicers, too many actually. That, and the moving forward animation are the biggest problems with them. Is it true the HUcaseal doesn't move forward on the last throw?

Currently, I'm on a quest to find a red Slicer, or Flight Fan, and then have some serious fun in Ult Mines.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 13, 2002, 12:05 PM
The female characters spin in one place for the 3rd hit. So, no, they don't take a giant step forward.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 13, 2002, 12:11 PM
i love my lemon wedge... er i mean rappy fan. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
slicers have been vastly improved since v1 and 2. even traps are easily targeted by them.

Jae
Dec 13, 2002, 12:19 PM
I use slicers for the following:

Nailing multiple traps
Opening boxes (hehe)
Softening up enemies
De Rol Le (and all of his variants)

Yes, my Red Slicer owns all hehe. If only there were NO steps forward, then I would use it more. Those first two steps are HUGE and get you into trouble a lot. Don't know about the third since my char is female.

ancalagon
Dec 14, 2002, 08:33 AM
i love my hunter, and his slicer as well. I am a skyly, so i dont get very many slicer weapons, but i did get a ton of rappy wings (via fake in yellow, heh). its not only nice for most bosses, but great for power leveling my friends characters offline. just confuse, since it doesnt do that much damage to confuse on normal ruins. it would be nice if they had a double slicer weapon, if they could get it balanced. isnt there a new double saber weapon that is actually a double partisan? they need to get some pics in of it. oh well