PDA

View Full Version : Zune...

DurakkenX
May 4, 2007, 12:06 AM
Does anyone know how to uninstall this atrocious program?

Kent
May 4, 2007, 12:40 AM
Same as any installed software; the Control Panel is your friend.

DurakkenX
May 4, 2007, 12:42 AM
it doesn't work... i tried that... there is no uninstall option.

Weeaboolits
May 4, 2007, 01:01 AM
Try Add/Remove programs on the control panel.

Solstis
May 4, 2007, 03:22 AM
Could try shredding it with spybot, search and destroy.

Schubalts
May 4, 2007, 10:26 AM
I take it Zune is iTunes's (more)evil, twin brother?

Kent
May 4, 2007, 12:38 PM
Not more evil, just... Microsoft instead of Apple.

Some people would see that as far less evil. :/

Personally, I like it because of how well it works with my other Windows/Xbox Live stuff so well.

On that note: There is an Uninstall option in the Control Panel.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/5431/zuneuninstfz4.png

At least, there is on Vista. :/

DurakkenX
May 4, 2007, 12:46 PM
yeah schubalts i installed it to be able transfer files between my PC and 360...it didn't work, i don't use it, and every time i looked for an uninstall and it wasn't there and the damn thing is just bad overall as it runs in the background no matter how much you turn it off...

the delete button finally came up last night...which it hadn't before in the same area... so it's now gone yay ^.^

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2007, 12:52 PM
CCleaner would have taken care of it easily.

Kent
May 4, 2007, 02:15 PM
...If you wanted something to transfer files between your PC and your 360, you could've just had Windows Media Player do that. :/

Only thing is, though, you have to not have any form of ICS enabled on your computer, for it to work. It's just weird like that.

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2007, 02:31 PM
Um... I use ICS to get all my consoles online, and I have my 360 and PC networked.

Kent
May 4, 2007, 02:45 PM
...Huh. First time I've heard of that actually working.

Every time I've had ICS enabled on my computer, my 360 always failed to detect it on the network. Turning off ICS fixed it completely.

Maybe it has something to do with actually using said ICS to get the console online...

DurakkenX
May 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
On 2007-05-04 12:15, Kent wrote:
...If you wanted something to transfer files between your PC and your 360, you could've just had Windows Media Player do that. :/

Only thing is, though, you have to not have any form of ICS enabled on your computer, for it to work. It's just weird like that.

yeah...the place i was sent to figure out how to link the two only listed Zune... However I found a new page that listed win media player...

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2007, 05:42 PM
Maybe it has something to do with actually using said ICS to get the console online...

Could be. But I don't understand why it would make a difference in the first place. Actually, don't you HAVE to use ICS if you want to network your devices? I mean, the 360 has one Ethernet port, and it's going to get used up in the network to the PC. To get to live, you have to use the same port - which means you have to share your PC's internet connection. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the wireless adapter covers up the Ethernet port right?

You could connect the two via a wireless network, which could be the source of the problem - or use a USB networking solution - which might also cause problems. With the way I have it setup though, I haven't had any problems using a wired solution. (Though I tend to have problems with my PC's wireless adapter when it comes to getting a fully open NAT)

I could try to help you make the connection if you want.

Kent
May 4, 2007, 05:55 PM
...I just have my PC and my 360 connected to the same router. Like two computers on a network, able to share files, but connecting to the internet via separate lines, to the same DSL connection.

I was using ICS for something else, though... And that was what interrupted filesharing between my PC and 360.

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2007, 06:27 PM
If you're running firewalls, have you tried to shut them down? When you enable ICS, it might modify your firewall settings. If you haven't tired it, do so at least one just to see. You might also want to try deleting or getting rid of the previous connections - and then run the media extender setup all over again.

I'm not sure if this would, or would not be a problem - but do you have everything on your network set to static IP's or do you use DHCP?

Also, is your PC seeing your Xbox (or vice versa), or is neither device seeing the other?

Parn
May 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
I had problems trying to get media sharing between my PC and Xbox 360 working until I did a few adjustments to my PC. In your control panel, click on Administrative Tools, and then click Services. Scroll down to Universal Plug and Play Host, click Properties, and make sure it's set to Automatic. Do the same with SSDP Discovery Service and HTTP SSL. All three need to be set to Automatic or you'll have problems using Media Sharing. They're usually already set to Automatic by default, but they weren't on my PC.

It's also a requirement to have service pack 2 and .NET 1.1 installed. I'm assuming you're on Windows XP.