PDA

View Full Version : Comparing classes in PSU and FFXI

Schubalts
May 4, 2007, 10:48 AM
Now, this might get moved, but I have come up with a list comparing classes in PSU and FFXI. Why, you ask? Because I am BORED OUT OF MY MIND RIGHT NOW.

PSU----FFXI(like you guys don't know where the classes are from)

Fortefighter----Dark Knight/Monk
Fortegunner----Ranger
Fortetecher----Blackmage
Protranny----Thief
Guntecher----Summoner
Wartecher----Paladin/Redmage
Figunner----Dragoon/Beastmaster
Acrofighter----Ninja
Acrotecher----Whitemage

I need more hobbies...
--
Mod edit: fix title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-04 09:08 ]</font>

Paramedic
May 4, 2007, 10:50 AM
How is Protranser anything like FFXI's THF?

And for Fighgunner, how do two pet jobs have any relation to Fighgunner?

-Ryuki-
May 4, 2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah, uhm. Most of those classes really don't "fit".

Zorafim
May 4, 2007, 10:53 AM
Fortefighter would be warrior, actually. Overpowered in both offense and defense. Not to mention hot axe action.

Fighgunner, possibly ninja. Agility based stats and equipment, and can cause status effects by use of items. Can also use ranged attacks is geared to do so.

ForteGunner would be a status inflictor, so maybe something like redmage.

Guntecher would be more like corsier.

Fortetecher? Possibly whitemage, or a super smn/whm. I'd say, it's a combination of whitemage and blackmage myself.

And wartecher, um... Dragoon? >.>

Protranser is probably bard, except it can't boost the party.

Acrofighter, um, there probably isn't a single job that works exactly like this, but since FFXI has so many melees anyway we can just place it in the "melee" berril.

Acrotecher is a combination of whitemage and redmage. It can melee and tech poorly, but it stands out in that it can disable enemies heavily while boosting the party just as well.

FFXI needs more status based jobs >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-05-04 08:58 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
May 4, 2007, 10:54 AM
Fortefighter is a malboro, therefore I win.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 4, 2007, 10:55 AM
Due to Acrofighter's use of Twin Sabers, I would say its probably a bit closer to Samurai(yeah, I know Sou, you won't be using them ALL the time on aF) cuz you'll be like Musashi Miyamoto and his Niten Ichi Ryu. Man, I feel that ShinMaruku is taking over my mind right now or something, sounds like something he'd say.

Schubalts
May 4, 2007, 10:55 AM
Thief is...uh...it has low combat stats, instead relying on special abilities ;o

Figunner, uh...versatility. Dragoon's wyvern and melee, Beastmaster's different monster abilities and melee.

Cut me some slack, I only spent 5 seconds thinking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Edit: Yay for me typing slow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schubalts on 2007-05-04 08:56 ]</font>

Paramedic
May 4, 2007, 10:57 AM
lol.

Thieves are certainly not weak by any means in FFXI. And since when are Dragoon's versatile? All I ever see is "loldrg lfp".

Beastmasters... Oh how I feel for them. Being condemned to soloing when no job in the game is meant to solo.

Zorafim
May 4, 2007, 11:01 AM
Theives suck. Terribly. I'd much rather party with a full group of dragoons than be in a party with a theif. I'd even take a puppetmaster over a theif. If only for the fact that I have to lower my own preformance just so they can almost be on par with other DDs, I really hate theives.

But yeah, loldrg.

On 2007-05-04 08:57, Paramedic wrote:
lol.

Thieves are certainly not weak by any means in FFXI. And since when are Dragoon's versatile? All I ever see is "loldrg lfp".

-Ryuki-
May 4, 2007, 11:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with Dragoons ._.

Akaimizu
May 4, 2007, 11:07 AM
Sadly, a lot of people totally devalue thieves in FFXI. Another good reason I left the game. The mentality that goes into that game is just incompatible with me, plain and simple. Of course, people may say, play the classes I'll group with, then perhaps then I don't want to group with them if they can't fit my group strategy in with theirs.

Still, funny why people even wonder why I didn't stick with FFXI when they then turn around and talk up the exact stuff I said was a reason I quit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-04 09:07 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
May 4, 2007, 11:12 AM
Same can be said of Protranser, they seem to be undervalued in this game, at least from what I've seen.

Zorafim
May 4, 2007, 11:15 AM
Sorry, I have a really bad history with thieves. Almost every time I partied with one, the overall party became worse and I had to work many more times as hard to maintain what I needed to do. It's not that their damage sucked, or that I could of got more exp per hour, but rather the fact that I had to change everything that I did in order for them to be happy. And of course, if I didn't comply with them, I was told that I should do my job and stop complaining (my complaint was that I couldn't do my job). They were also really mean, and blamed me whenever they messed up.

But I guess that's what I get for being an lolpld.

On 2007-05-04 09:07, Akaimizu wrote:
Sadly, a lot of people totally devalue thieves in FFXI. Another good reason I left the game. The mentality that goes into that game is just incompatible with me, plain and simple. Of course, people may say, play the classes I'll group with, then perhaps then I don't want to group with them if they can't fit my group strategy in with theirs.

Still, funny why people even wonder why I didn't stick with FFXI when they then turn around and talk up the exact stuff I said was a reason I quit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-04 09:07 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
May 4, 2007, 11:19 AM
So then, maybe PT = DRG. No one cares for them. ._.

Zorafim
May 4, 2007, 11:29 AM
The thing about drg is that they have a bad reputation. They're stereotyped as full AF wearing, dex ring equipped, Ni Haoing, "it's my 12.95"ers. This may just be because it's the class that looks best from a distance, but alot of less skilled (or rather, less elite) players seem to go to dragoon. Wait, does this mean that fighgunner = dragoon now?
I don't know if drgs are indeed the worst DDs, but on paper they don't look that great either. Poor gear selection, balanced stats, nearly no offensive abilities. And if you gear them correctly in terms of offense, they look silly too.

Protransers on the otherhand just aren't impressive at first glance. Nobody wants to be the trapper, and nobody wants to hang around the trapper. This by no means implies that they're bad, they're just silly. I think I'd enjoy having at least one per party, if played right.
Also, protransers + AoI traps = whoa.

Akaimizu
May 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
Well, as a thief, I normally had issues getting into a group, in the first place. I, at first, stomached the idea that it, on average, took 2 hours of waiting alone just to find a group, on a good day. Then once my life stepped in and said, no way can a game demand 3-4 hours of straight time, each day, just to actually get in a playsession that gets you anywhere; I had to leave. Yay I'm finally questing. What? Bedtime already? That, and the fact that everybody had to be within 1 or 2 levels of each other made sure that anybody (not in my play schedule) was going to leave me in the dust to fend for myself.

No thanks to that mess. Maybe if I had that kind of single-session time to devote everyday, I could deal with it better.

Now in PSU, I hardly even LOOK for classes to join, or specific gear. Just numbers of players. Now if there happens to be a different class mix, then I alter my strategy to accomodate. That's the beauty of PSU. While each person can bring variety to the group, I can actually party up and simply say, "Oh. So we that's what we have. If forces come in, I may ask, or look for the techs they seem to concentrate on, and reconfigure. Or if I see someone utilizing some interesting Gear I may alter strategy for that too, depending on how much of an effect their use of it is to the party."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-04 09:40 ]</font>

Zorafim
May 4, 2007, 11:56 AM
I'm sure we all have the same story. Games were ment to be a diversion from life, not a replacement for it.

Eleina
May 4, 2007, 12:55 PM
On 2007-05-04 09:56, Zorafim wrote:
Games were meant to be a diversion from life, not a replacement for it.

Well said...shame some people don't get that

As for the topic i never played FF11 so i don't really have my word to say http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. But i don't think the classes in the 2 games can be compared (unless in FF11 ppl ran around with rather ugly photon weapons...)

Paramedic
May 4, 2007, 09:51 PM
I don't know about you... But Thieves own. Maybe it's just because my friend was a really good THF. He'd parse so hard, your ribs would hurt a little bit. Not to mention Treasure Hunter is loved. THF can solo for quite a long time as well, something only a handful of classes can do. (Grinding up to 75, not at 75)

And yes, loldrgs only have a bad reputation because nobody did good experiments with them. The gimp 2 hour that took FOREVER to get fixed didn't help either. But Dragoons were stupid back then, once they got full AF, the stopped gearing completely. And that's why loldrg started. Now, DRGs are amazing should you play them right. Sub WAR and you can own so hard with weapon skills.

But I do have to say, Fighgunner is definately the new loldrg. I see a lot of Fighgunners that don't even try using their awesome abilities. I mean, traps, 20 bullets, and 30 skills. (Which isn't limited to Doublesabers by the way!) Come on. I see too many "noobgunners". It's astonishing.

Takuchan
May 4, 2007, 10:54 PM
Protransers are like PUP's... fun to play jobs that do crappy damage.

It's not hard to level in FFXI if you static with friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Just find some friends with similar play schedules and exp together a couple of nights a week and you'll be 75 in a few months.

THF's and DRG's don't do shitty damage... but the game caters to dual-wield, martial arts, and berserk/minuets/attack. MNK's will always be #1 damage in my book, followed by WAR, NIN, and the rest trickle in behind them.

Takuchan
May 4, 2007, 11:00 PM
Oh, about DRG, they stopped gearing at 60 because they didn't have any other equippable gear. >_> Nobody could afford a sharness back then, although now there's that and the jardidah alternative... and unless you had friends to camp Ose with you for assault jerkin, AF was pretty much all you could wear. WAR is definately the best subjob, but pentathrust gets outclassed pretty hard in later levels unforutnately. People laugh at dragoon because of their uselessness in endgame content, not so much of their weakness in experience parties.

Schubalts
May 4, 2007, 11:03 PM
On 2007-05-04 20:54, Takuchan wrote:
Protransers are like PUP's... fun to play jobs that do crappy damage.

It's not hard to level in FFXI if you static with friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Just find some friends with similar play schedules and exp together a couple of nights a week and you'll be 75 in a few months.

THF's and DRG's don't do shitty damage... but the game caters to dual-wield, martial arts, and berserk/minuets/attack. MNK's will always be #1 damage in my book, followed by WAR, NIN, and the rest trickle in behind them.

Quit the same month Aht Urghan(screw that spelling!) was released. So, PUP, BLU, and Corsair I don't know too much about.

AC9breaker
May 4, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-05-04 09:01, Zorafim wrote:
Theives suck. Terribly. I'd much rather party with a full group of dragoons than be in a party with a theif. I'd even take a puppetmaster over a theif. If only for the fact that I have to lower my own preformance just so they can almost be on par with other DDs, I really hate theives.

But yeah, loldrg.

On 2007-05-04 08:57, Paramedic wrote:
lol.

LOL you're totally a dragoon player aren't you? Ironically enough, I always felt Thieves and dragoons worked perfect together but every dragoon I partied with seemed deficient in Grey matter or something. Its funny cause I knew alot of thief players who shared my distatse in dragoons too. Funny world.

Raysa
May 5, 2007, 12:31 AM
Guntecher = Summoner LAUGH OUT FREAKING LOUD.

By the way you can't compare these classes, they are entirely diffrent systems.

Kent
May 5, 2007, 01:41 AM
Uh... huh. A lot of people don't have a really good understanding of what jobs are capable of in FFXI. Here's how I see it:

Fortefighter - Warrior, Monk
Fortegunner - Ranger
Fortetecher - Black Mage, White Mage (yes, I went there)
Fighgunner - Ninja, Samurai
Guntecher - Corsair
Wartecher - Blue Mage, Red Mage (varies on playstyle, really)
Protranser - ...No FFXI equivalent, really.
Acrofighter - (theoretically) Ninja
Acrotecher - White Mage, Red Mage

Now for a little depth to my observations...

For Fortefighter, Warrior and Monk are both capable of a very heavy offense - in fact, the two are basically on top, when it comes to pure physical damage dealing (Ninja and Samurai are up here too).

Fortetecher; Black Mage because they get the biggest nukes possible, White Mage because, pre-AOI, you're the best and most capable healer, deal with it.

Fighgunner... Ninja and Samurai are both capable in ranged combat as well as melee, but with a primary focus on melee.

Guntecher; these guys do pretty much the exact same thing as Corsairs do. That is, ranged damage and support (whereas, Rangers are almost purely ranged damage).

Wartecher. Here's where things get interesting. Blue Mage, in FFXI, is a very powerful job... However, your function in a party can vary, depending on how you set up your spells. You could be a healer almost on par with a White Mage, or you could be doing physical damage and heavy skill chains pretty high up on the spectrum as well. Or you could play it in a more balanced, yet still very effective way. Just like how you can play Wartecher differently, depending on Race and PA choice - it's the same degree of variance. Red Mage? Because you can just as easily balance out your character, so you're able to nuke, heal, support, or take to the melee offense, just as easily. These two FFXI jobs are like opposite sides of the same coin of versatility.

Acrofighter theoretically fits with Ninja because... well... That's really all I could think of, and was going with the motif of them being capable attackers in both melee and ranged combat, in addition to them getting that speed bonus with melee weapons (Ninja get one for dual-wielding, Acrotecher gets one for melee in general, I think...)

Acrotecher, obviously, because it gets the highest support technique skill cap. Red Mage gets the highest Enhancing/Enfeebling skill, and White Mage is the best at healing. Both are capable in melee, but nowhere near the best.

Alisha
May 5, 2007, 05:23 AM
this topic is stupid because all the classes in ffxi are so much more specialized wich i liked. psu in my opinion is WAY to open ended and i hate it. thats why ive gone back to playing ffxi at least until the expansion for psu comes out.

shiro AF doesnt not equal samurai. in ffxi samurais use great katanas and bows. great katana = 2 handed katana.

oh and kent i think monk is closer to wartecher than forter fight because of its adaptivity. anything they cant punch to death they can chi blast,and on elementals and slimes they can use formless strikes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-05-05 03:27 ]</font>

SarinSerafi
May 5, 2007, 07:20 AM
Bard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif They're sought out by almost every party at almost any level, especially end-game. It's because they're the masters of support with their buff and enhancing songs.

I think Acrotecher is a combination of Bard and White Mage (ohoho, my main jobs when I played FFXI!) With their 50 support spells, they're the masters of support/enhancing and healing. Support= Bard, healing=White Mage. Yep. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
May 5, 2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I know Alisha, but I was thinking of Musashi Miyamoto and the Musashi type weapons from PSO, which made me think that.

Paramedic
May 5, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-05-05 05:20, SarinSerafi wrote:
Bard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif They're sought out by almost every party at almost any level, especially end-game. It's because they're the masters of support with their buff and enhancing songs.

I think Acrotecher is a combination of Bard and White Mage (ohoho, my main jobs when I played FFXI!) With their 50 support spells, they're the masters of support/enhancing and healing. Support= Bard, healing=White Mage. Yep. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<3

WHM and BRD are <3

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 11:51 AM
On 2007-05-04 21:45, AC9breaker wrote:
LOL you're totally a dragoon player aren't you? Ironically enough, I always felt Thieves and dragoons worked perfect together but every dragoon I partied with seemed deficient in Grey matter or something. Its funny cause I knew alot of thief players who shared my distatse in dragoons too. Funny world.

Paladin. Thieves make me wait for the paper armored melees to provoke, then set up their cute little SATA thing. Melee gets damaged, and either I or the whitemage cures the melee. Melee loses hate, either I or the whitemage gets hate, sata is lost, I get yelled at.

This is my story, and why I hate thieves. There have been times when thieves were actually capable of setting up a decent sata, but even then it was unneeded effort on my part. Funny thing is that they say they set that up so I can have hate, when I tend to lose hate because of it.

But enough of that. Why do you say that fortefighters are rangers? Their playstyles seem very different.

Niered
May 5, 2007, 12:12 PM
On 2007-05-05 03:23, Alisha wrote:
this topic is stupid because all the classes in ffxi are so much more specialized wich i liked. psu in my opinion is WAY to open ended and i hate it. thats why ive gone back to playing ffxi at least until the expansion for psu comes out.

You wouldve never survived PSO.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 12:19 PM
I'm still waiting for a HUnewearl class in PSU.

Sylpheed
May 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
How the F*** is GT like SMN and Fig like DRG and BST that's the dumbest comparison ive ever seen

Eleina
May 5, 2007, 12:25 PM
On 2007-05-05 10:19, Zorafim wrote:
I'm still waiting for a HUnewearl class in PSU.

A human WT would kinda be like a HUnewearl stat wise...Of course a female newman WT with upward ears would make an exact copy of a HUnewearl in looks

Paramedic
May 5, 2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, that's what I'd say. WT is closest to HUnewearl, class-wise.

I forget what thread, but somebody said AT (Acrotecher) seems like a Melee FOmar too.

XanGabriel
May 5, 2007, 12:59 PM
I am going to whole-heartedly ask what the hell this actually accomplishes. I mean, seriously... Is there any point to this?

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-05-04 08:48, Schubalts wrote:
Now, this might get moved, but I have come up with a list comparing classes in PSU and FFXI. Why, you ask? Because I am BORED OUT OF MY MIND RIGHT NOW.

And what, may I ask, does your asking what this topic accomplishes accomplish?

Parn
May 5, 2007, 01:23 PM
I don't know, but I sometimes miss my ninja.

http://synbios.net/games/FFXI/screenshots/0019.jpg

I'm also still the record holder for most successful Maat fight with monk ever recorded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MON6inzcM), with more than 2/3 of my health still left.

Paramedic
May 5, 2007, 01:29 PM
lol. Ninjas are so cute sometimes. Especially the time with the max attack speed. (75NIN dual-wielding lowest delay daggers with max haste possible)

LocGaw
May 5, 2007, 02:17 PM
HA!!! That is some sweet monk action Parn!

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 02:18 PM
lolnin. Wait, that's not right... I think it's, OMFGnin.

Raysa
May 5, 2007, 04:42 PM
I think I might start playing FFXI again.

Alisha
May 5, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-05-05 10:12, Niered wrote:

what the hell are you talking about i played pso for 4-5 years and even pso was more specialized than psu everything in psu is generic because everybody has the same animations and attack speeds. if your a fortefighter theres no real reason to use dual claws over spears because the game doesnt provide tools or reasons to make you want to.

http://darkalisha.homestead.com/files/Ali070501002559a.jpg

if only newmen were more like elvaan...

SStrikerR
May 5, 2007, 04:44 PM
where teh hell do i buy it or whatever, i must play it.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-05-05 14:44, Alisha wrote:

You'd rather they looked like that, of all things, rather than what they started off as?

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ps/ps2/graphics/compendium/neifirstsketch.jpg

Besides, elvaans are ugly without heavy armor. It's a well known fact.

Schubalts
May 5, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-05-05 14:44, Ryan113 wrote:
where teh hell do i buy it or whatever, i must play it.

Buy what? FFXI? Come to think of it, I haven't seen it for sale ANYWHERE around here, lately. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Mystil
May 5, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-05-04 09:19, RyukiZero wrote:
So then, maybe PT = DRG. No one cares for them. ._.

PT can be considered a Red Mage, Pre Refresh and convert update.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 05:04 PM
Any place that sells PC games. It may be harder to find now.
However, I suggest against it unless you enjoy spending at least four hours a day on it on the earlier levels. It's heavily time extensive, especially once you have in game responsibilities. It's like paying for work, basically.
But damn was it a good game...

Niered
May 5, 2007, 05:10 PM

what the hell are you talking about i played pso for 4-5 years and even pso was more specialized than psu everything in psu is generic because everybody has the same animations and attack speeds. if your a fortefighter theres no real reason to use dual claws over spears because the game doesnt provide tools or reasons to make you want to.

And yet you say that the character classes in PSU are to open ended, even though we only had 3 classes in PSO. Wow. Logic. Its an awesome thing.

PSU's class system is great. If it truly were as "specialized" as FF11 then youd have to wait for 2-3 hours to find the perfect group of characters so that you could finish one or two runs and then have half your team leave causing you to repeat the process.

So yah, I geuss you could like that aspect of FF11 more then PSU, if you like sitting around and not actually playing.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 05:16 PM
I tried soloing a bee that was ten levels lower than I was on FFXI. It was terrible. There was blood everywhere.

Alisha
May 5, 2007, 05:26 PM
its easier to solo now since they made it so if you have signet you get an evasion and defence bonus on anything even match or lower and you dont lose tp when resting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif my drg solo's ep's and almost never gets hit.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 05:31 PM
Of course, I get great things after I quit the game. I used to love soloing with my NPC...

ChaotistRazor
May 5, 2007, 05:31 PM
Who said that Newmen should be like Elvaan? I like having shoulders, thank you. The only thing I miss about FFXI was my Corsair. When every buff you apply is a minigame in itself, it makes it that much easier to forget how crappy the rest of the game is. Like I've said before, FFXI was the crappiest job I've ever had.

McLaughlin
May 5, 2007, 05:33 PM

You play offline, therefor anything you have to say regarding tactics and/or weapons is void.

And Elvaans looked idiotic in anything besdies Heavy Armor.

Paladin AF2 > my soul.

Alisha
May 5, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-05-05 15:31, ChaotistRazor wrote:
Who said that Newmen should be like Elvaan? I like having shoulders, thank you. The only thing I miss about FFXI was my Corsair. When every buff you apply is a minigame in itself, it makes it that much easier to forget how crappy the rest of the game is. Like I've said before, FFXI was the crappiest job I've ever had.

i meant statistically since elvaan are basically like beasts but without the nanoblast unless you count a elvaan monk using hundred fists >_>

McLaughlin
May 5, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-05-05 15:35, Alisha wrote:

i meant statistically since elvaan are basically like beasts but without the nanoblast unless you count a elvaan monk using hundred fists >_>

Statistically, Galka are like Beasts, and they look like they're perma-Nanoblasted.

Zorafim
Alisha's online in PSU. I saw her. She was showing off her breasts.

Statistically speaking, Newmen are fine. It's the rest of the game around them that breaks them. High accuracy doesn't really effect you too much, while evasion disrupts anything melee oriented. TP would have been a great boon if they were able to tech in any job that wasn't almost purely tech oriented.
It's funny how, despite being based off of Myau, newmen are now nothing like him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-05-05 15:39 ]</font>

ChaotistRazor
XD Fair enough, fair enough.

Alisha
May 5, 2007, 05:37 PM
On 2007-05-05 15:33, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

You play offline, therefor anything you have to say regarding tactics and/or weapons is void.

And Elvaans looked idiotic in anything besdies Heavy Armor.

Paladin AF2 > my soul.

bullshit but whatever. i'm not getting into a my opinion is better than yours arguement its not worth mine or your time.

McLaughlin
May 5, 2007, 05:41 PM
It's not an opinion. Offline =/= Online.

Neither is Elvaans looking horrid in anything except Heavy Armor. >_>

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 05:41 PM
It's worth my time, though. Elvaan are ugly >.>

Kent
May 5, 2007, 05:43 PM
It's funny watching people feign knowing anything about FFXI.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 05:43 PM
That second part is indeed an opinion, but one that most people seem to agree on. And, um, which online are we talking about again?

Schubalts
May 5, 2007, 05:44 PM
On 2007-05-05 15:41, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Neither is Elvaans looking horrid in anything except Heavy Armor. >_>

My Elvaan was rockin in his Gambison.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-05-05 15:43, Kent wrote:

After playing a game for a few years, one begins to think that they know a game.

Niered
May 5, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-05-05 15:41, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

QFT. I didnt know Alisha didnt play online, ergo, your opinion really is worthless in this regard.

McLaughlin
May 5, 2007, 05:54 PM

Me, or Alisha? I don't think I've said anything that isn't painfully obvious...'Cept the Galka thing...

Schubalts
May 5, 2007, 06:09 PM
Anyway...this came so far away from me posting a random thought.

Nobo
May 5, 2007, 06:10 PM
Woh I never noticed how alike they are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Raysa
May 5, 2007, 06:20 PM
Elves, Elvaan are ugly as hell. We should be tarus. I was a Tarutaru BRD/WHM.

EDIT: Tarus as possesive is fail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raysa on 2007-05-05 16:33 ]</font>

Sylpheed
May 5, 2007, 06:25 PM

I couldn't agree more, poeple on this thread are stating how good FFXI was and all but i fail to see why. FFXI was/is a slow outdated game with a SHIT game system, games are meant and created for fun not as a job. As people know it takes at least 4-5 hours just go get to lvl 10 so you can party effectively, from then on out you gotta graft your way through the levels spending an hour just to get a decent party together.

Contrast this with PSU, PSU is a much more up to date, FUN, easier to pick up game than FFXI could hope to ever be and before i get flamed by people saying i didnt contribute to FFXI enough i had a lvl 72 NIN.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2007-05-05 16:28 ]</font>

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 06:26 PM
Tarus were kind of made of win, yes.

Raysa
May 5, 2007, 06:38 PM
My favorite MMORPG, up to date was FFXI. The story missions, the frequent job changing system was beyond awesome. I played WoW, and while it was incredibly fast to get to max level, and fun. It bored the hell out of me because the story wasn't made of the same kind of win as FFXI. While, it might have taken a while to get up in level, it was enjoyable at least to me. I was a Bard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Schubalts
May 5, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-05-05 16:38, Raysa wrote:
Bard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Why won't people listen to the Bards?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Sekani
May 5, 2007, 07:29 PM
My favorite MMORPG, up to date was FFXI. The story missions, the frequent job changing system was beyond awesome. I played WoW, and while it was incredibly fast to get to max level, and fun. It bored the hell out of me because the story wasn't made of the same kind of win as FFXI. While, it might have taken a while to get up in level, it was enjoyable at least to me. I was a Bard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

The story was the only thing FFXI had going for it... and for the two years I played it, that was enough. The game irritated the hell out of me on so many levels, and yet I put up with it all just to see if the Shadow Lord would ever be put down for good.

WoW was like the total opposite. The elements of a very rich and deep storyline are there, but the presentation was so nonchalant that it was hard for anyone who wasn't a diehard fan of the Warcraft RTS series to care.

PSU is more of an action game to me. I could care less about the story.

Mystil
May 5, 2007, 08:10 PM
<<< Spoilers

Shadow Lord gets reincarnated as the Dynamis Lord anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-05 18:10 ]</font>

Raysa
May 5, 2007, 08:37 PM
On 2007-05-05 17:29, Sekani wrote:

The story was the only thing FFXI had going for it... and for the two years I played it, that was enough. The game irritated the hell out of me on so many levels, and yet I put up with it all just to see if the Shadow Lord would ever be put down for good.

WoW was like the total opposite. The elements of a very rich and deep storyline are there, but the presentation was so nonchalant that it was hard for anyone who wasn't a diehard fan of the Warcraft RTS series to care.

PSU is more of an action game to me. I could care less about the story.

WoW story is great, but the way its made, makes it horrible. Screencuts in the middle of a mmorpg was pure genius, plus you didn't really need to raid everything to know the story, like in WoW. WoW Raiding has got to be the most dull, life eating thing ever.

Mewnie
May 5, 2007, 08:45 PM
FFXI sucks.

Also, cocks.

Sekani
May 5, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-05-05 18:37, Raysa wrote:
WoW story is great, but the way its made, makes it horrible. Screencuts in the middle of a mmorpg was pure genius, plus you didn't really need to raid everything to know the story, like in WoW. WoW Raiding has got to be the most dull, life eating thing ever.

Agree completely on the cutscenes, WoW needed those badly to empahsize major events.

Also, it's debatable whether it was harder to get a WoW raid group than it was to get a non-EXP party in FFXI (I personally found the latter to be more frustrating especially when it came to the HNM shells), but that's a discussion for another time.

Kent
May 5, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-05-05 15:45, Zorafim wrote:

After playing a game for a few years, one begins to think that they know a game.

What's sad, is how many people can play a game for years, and still know next to nothing about the depth of it all. (Not saying you, just a general observation)

...On that note, isn't this thread getting a little off-topic?

ChaotistRazor
May 5, 2007, 10:06 PM
Kent, what the hell are you talking about?

SarinSerafi
May 5, 2007, 10:07 PM
On 2007-05-05 17:25, Schubalts wrote:

Why won't people listen to the Bards?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

QFT ; ; Why won't they?! lol

The only thing I miss about FFXI was playing as a Bard. Although my first job was White Mage, I liked Bard a lot more. Had Sha'ir Manteel, was working on Bard AFv2, had my eye set on Gjallarhorn.. sigh. But, even that wasn't enough to keep me playing. Just took too much time.

I'll get to experience being a Bard+White Mage again with Acrotecher though, w00t. :3

Schubalts
May 6, 2007, 06:16 AM
On 2007-05-05 20:07, SarinSerafi wrote:

On 2007-05-05 17:25, Schubalts wrote:

QFT ; ; Why won't they?! lol

The only thing I miss about FFXI was playing as a Bard. Although my first job was White Mage, I liked Bard a lot more. Had Sha'ir Manteel, was working on Bard AFv2, had my eye set on Gjallarhorn.. sigh. But, even that wasn't enough to keep me playing. Just took too much time.

I'll get to experience being a Bard+White Mage again with Acrotecher though, w00t. :3

I miss telling people to stfu about me being a DRG/WHM or DRG/BRD. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Don't they like my 7(none with /BRD) MP Cure3?

Alisha
May 6, 2007, 11:40 PM
now with drg/blu you can get 5 mp cures http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif