PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

DikkyRay
May 4, 2007, 08:09 PM
Ok, this has been happening to many times.
About 2 weeks ago i was unable to start my PSU game. Why? No idea. It would stay on the PSU logo/load screen but never load the "Checking PS2 memory card slot blahblah" It would either continue loading forever, or freeze up.
Now today i tried again. I was happy because the loading screen actually went through to the memory card load. I get online.....and the game "freezes" at cylez 1 (it showed the words, and the psu logo kept on loading for at least 3 minutes) So i shut the game off and tried again. I was able to get to cylez 1 and talk to my friends after that. We decided to go to neudaiz, but when i get to the spaceport, once again the psu logo/load loads forever.
I repeat my many steps, turn the game off and try again.
Now, like cylez 1, cylez 4 would not load. I let it sit for around 5 minutes, and it tells me that there is no connection because their might be "server maintanance"
I know this isnt true because i was talking to one of the friends on AIM.
So uh, wtf is wrong with my game? It does not seem that scratched. Is there something i can do (other than buy a new game) To help clean my disk? I have tried several methods that usualy work to no avail....

Eanae
May 5, 2007, 04:09 AM
Possible solutions:

1) Try a friends disk
2) Try your disk in a friends ps2. Maybe your ps2 is biting the dust.

DikkyRay
May 5, 2007, 03:14 PM
[quote]On 2007-05-05 02:09, Eanae wrote:
Possible solutions:

1) Try a friends disk
2) Try your disk in a friends ps2. Maybe your ps2 is biting the dust.

[/quote
Well...
1) None of my friends around here play PSU. My friend that has the game lives about 5 states away :/
2) All my other PS2 games work fine. Every single one of 'em. PSU is the only one that does this

Sychosis
May 6, 2007, 10:14 AM
Just how scratched is the disc? Even a small scratch in the right spot can kill a disc. If you have a nearby disc refurbishing store (some music CD stores, as well as EB/Gamestops have them) it would actually cost you less to have the scratches removed than renting another copy from Blockbuster or another game rental place.

And I know you don't want to hear this, but it may very well be your PS2 going. When my old PS2's laser started dying it refused to play Dynasty Warriors games, two weeks later it wouldn't play anything. The good news though, it only cost $17 for a new (used) laser thinger from a local repair shop.

I do hope it isn't anything serious, and your PS2 is just playing a mean trick. PSU withdrawals are not fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

omegapirate2k
May 6, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-05-06 08:14, Sychosis wrote:
it may very well be your PS2 going. When my old PS2's laser started dying it refused to play Dynasty Warriors games, two weeks later it wouldn't play anything. The good news though, it only cost $17 for a new (used) laser thinger from a local repair shop.

Could this be done for a 360 disk drive?

DikkyRay
May 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
Just how scratched is the disc? Even a small scratch in the right spot can kill a disc. If you have a nearby disc refurbishing store (some music CD stores, as well as EB/Gamestops have them) it would actually cost you less to have the scratches removed than renting another copy from Blockbuster or another game rental place.

And I know you don't want to hear this, but it may very well be your PS2 going. When my old PS2's laser started dying it refused to play Dynasty Warriors games, two weeks later it wouldn't play anything. The good news though, it only cost $17 for a new (used) laser thinger from a local repair shop.

I do hope it isn't anything serious, and your PS2 is just playing a mean trick. PSU withdrawals are not fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yea i hope its not my PS2.
But it is kinda scratched. I am pretty sure that i have other games that are much more scratched that play pretty well.
But eh.... I think my dad has disk cleaning stuff so i'll try that.
(And i think my dynasty warriors game is the one that is more scratched lol)

Sychosis
May 6, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-05-06 09:07, omegapirate2k wrote:

it may very well be your PS2 going. When my old PS2's laser started dying it refused to play Dynasty Warriors games, two weeks later it wouldn't play anything. The good news though, it only cost $17 for a new (used) laser thinger from a local repair shop.

Could this be done for a 360 disk drive?

I wouldn't try it unless your warranty is expired. And even then I'd sooner try and BS MS into giving you a new one.

And good luck with the fix Dikky.

McLaughlin
May 6, 2007, 04:39 PM
My brother had a scratch all of a centimeter long on his NFS2 disc. Damn thing wouldn't even get to "Press Start." Just happened that was the worst place for the scratch to be.

Good luck.

omegapirate2k
May 6, 2007, 04:47 PM
Eh, my dad bought a new 360 anyway, not a big deal.