PDA

View Full Version : Is my school dumb?

MrNomad
May 4, 2007, 11:07 PM
I go to Santa Barbara High School, CA, in my senior year. I heard from my pre-cal teacher that apparently only about 60 of the over 500 seniors are prepared to graduate this year o O. Kinda funny as hell, this is the lowest drop ever recorded for my school. Is my school dumb? I know there are lots of stoners and crack-heads/morons but are there other schools less than smart as mine?

Tykwa
May 4, 2007, 11:09 PM
Well, we have 8 seniors, 3 are going to college 2 I know are WoW addicts and the others are Bong addicts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tykwa on 2007-05-04 21:10 ]</font>

VanHalen
May 4, 2007, 11:18 PM
Well, my junior class acts really immature. I mean REALLY immature. I kinda stopped associating with alot of them and started talking to the seniors and sophmores. Who the hell sings on a test?

DikkyRay
May 4, 2007, 11:23 PM
im surprised half my class are becoming Jrs :/

McLaughlin
May 4, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-05-04 21:09, Tykwa wrote:
Well, we have 8 seniors, 3 are going to college 2 I know are WoW addicts and the others are Bong addicts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tykwa on 2007-05-04 21:10 ]</font>

The irony here is in your signature.

omegapirate2k
May 5, 2007, 12:12 AM
Oh, I theres so many things I can say to own so many different people, but I'll pass.

Schubalts
May 5, 2007, 12:47 PM
On 2007-05-04 22:12, omegapirate2k wrote:
Oh, I theres so many things I can say to own so many different people, but I'll pass.

Say it or go directly to military school!

Sayara
May 5, 2007, 01:09 PM
The schools isnt dumb. You guys are just lazy and irresponsible. Dont blame the facilities for your pathetic-ness.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 03:45 PM
Aren't the schools are the ones that teach children to be pathetic?

SStrikerR
May 5, 2007, 04:09 PM
why dont people pass? they dont care about school, school isnt fun, sure, im in a gifted class, (this is probably the biggest shock ever to hit almost all of you. =P) but i mean, even though im smart and my grades r high, i hate school, and also, obsidian knight, once i saw ur post i looked back at his, then at his sig and i cracked up.

MrNomad
May 5, 2007, 05:44 PM
On 2007-05-05 11:09, Tingle wrote:
The schools isnt dumb. You guys are just lazy and irresponsible. Dont blame the facilities for your pathetic-ness.

Wen i said school, i meant all the people in my school -_- How could you let that slide? Did you have problems in school? =P jk but ya i mean my whole school, students and teachers.

Sayara
May 5, 2007, 11:04 PM
Same point, you're all lazy. If only 60 of you guys are near acceptable. If you wanted to pass you'd do it.

If you wanted to graduate you'd bust your ass and you'd study, get your marks and move on.

MrNomad
May 6, 2007, 12:59 AM
well, if they dont care then thats that =P Its not like school is useful anywhere outside getting and doing a high-paying job anyway

Weeaboolits
May 6, 2007, 01:34 AM
School is good for learning and meeting people, I recently moved and since I've already graduated it's hard to make new friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DizzyDi
May 6, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-05-05 22:59, MrNomad wrote:
well, if they dont care then thats that =P Its not like school is useful anywhere outside getting and doing a high-paying job anyway

Yeah, s'not like you don't learn useful social skills or anything. OWAIT!

MrNomad
May 6, 2007, 09:28 AM
On 2007-05-06 07:27, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2007-05-05 22:59, MrNomad wrote:

Yeah, s'not like you don't learn useful social skills or anything. OWAIT!

its too bad you cant convince most people of that

XCOPY
May 6, 2007, 12:19 PM
It's odd to me that some people don't make it out of high school...it's laughably easy. You could do most things half-ass in high school and still probably get a "B". I have an old so-called "friend"(the truth is that he's the most annoying person ever), who is one of the dumbest and most ignorant people I've ever met....yeah, there's no nice way to say it, really.(part of this actually isn't his fault though...he appears to have some kind of learning disability...but there are times when it seems to be more of a case of genuine stupidity) Anyway, even he managed to graduate high school....and that spoke volumes to me about how easy the public school system is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-05-06 10:21 ]</font>

amtalx
May 7, 2007, 11:43 AM
On 2007-05-06 10:19, XCOPY wrote:
It's odd to me that some people don't make it out of high school...it's laughably easy. You could do most things half-ass in high school and still probably get a "B". I have an old so-called "friend"(the truth is that he's the most annoying person ever), who is one of the dumbest and most ignorant people I've ever met....yeah, there's no nice way to say it, really.(part of this actually isn't his fault though...he appears to have some kind of learning disability...but there are times when it seems to be more of a case of genuine stupidity) Anyway, even he managed to graduate high school....and that spoke volumes to me about how easy the public school system is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-05-06 10:21 ]</font>

I thought that too. I was very fortunate in the sense that my parents realized the importance of education. The public schools around me weren't all that amazing so they spent all of their money sending me to a private school. It was a good one, so I spent from 6th-12th grade with the "intellectual elite". Enough so that dropping out, or not attending a 4 year university was unheard-of. So, I graduate and go off to a good college, spend more of my parent's money (some of my own too, student loans SUCK) and also find a similar environment full of seemingly intelligent people. Then I enter the workforce... I quickly find just how fortunate I was to attend those schools. I was promoted to management within a few weeks only too find the TRUE depth of the average persons stupidity. When you are responsible for keeping track of subordinates and the quality of your work depends on the quality of theirs...life gets interesting. Now I realize that for some, graduating HS and college is easy. For others...its just an uphill battle the whole way. I have a much greater understanding why people fail to graduate from HS. Answer: there are a lot of stupid people out there.

Garroway
May 7, 2007, 04:48 PM
Saddly your school is about average. Honestly though, the students aren't entirely to blame. For the most part the system is failing students by not allowing them to fail. If a school has a high failure rate or fails to perform on state test that school's administration is going to have to answer. On top of that most school systems are run by bleeding hearts that honestly believe that failing a child will dmaage their feelings of self worth so on top of saving their own skin, they get to say that it's "for the children" which most of the blank faced masses will get behind without even questioning. Of course school administration in general has slipped so far into corruption that I could bore you all day but this topic is about students. Kids are stupid but not as stupid as people think so it doesn't take them long to figure out that any effort at all, no matter how half-assed, is good enough. Basicaly you're responsible for what you get out of your education but remember that your grades have become meaningless as a measure of your knowledge.

It's not like school didn't have their problems in my day either. The district I went to was pushing racial diversity so hard that History and Literature were all Black History and Black Literature. I learned way more about George Washington Carver than I did George Washington.

Garroway
May 7, 2007, 04:54 PM
Saddly your school is about average. Honestly though, the students aren't entirely to blame. For the most part the system is failing students by not allowing them to fail. If a school has a high failure rate or fails to perform on state test that school's administration is going to have to answer. On top of that most school systems are run by bleeding hearts that honestly believe that failing a child will damage their feelings of self worth so on top of saving their own skin, they get to say that it's "for the children" which most of the blank faced masses will get behind without even questioning. Of course school administration in general has slipped so far into corruption that I could bore you all day but this topic is about students. Kids are stupid but not as stupid as people think so it doesn't take them long to figure out that any effort at all, no matter how half-assed, is good enough. Basicaly you're responsible for what you get out of your education but remember that your grades have become meaningless as a measure of your knowledge.

It's not like school didn't have their problems in my day either. The district I went to was pushing racial diversity so hard that History and Literature were all Black History and Black Literature. I learned way more about George Washington Carver than I ever did George Washington.