PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see PSO Ep. III return?

wampa8jedi
May 5, 2007, 09:49 AM
I was a dedicated player for the first year of the games release, then moved, lost my broadband connection and got out of the game. I was going through my game collection this past week and found my old copy of Episode III and it brought back a ton of memories.

Is there any chance we'll ever see another version of this game on any system? It seems like w/ the servers being up and generating revenue for over two years, there must have been enough of a market to warrant a sequel...

AndyPandy
May 9, 2007, 05:07 AM
I tell you something, its would make an ideal XBOX LIVE arcade title.

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 04:24 PM
I doubt it'll make a return

Weeaboolits
May 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-05-09 14:24, Eleina wrote:
I doubt it'll make a return

T0m
May 10, 2007, 03:41 PM
And I doubt that it would never return. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
In my view, given enough time, Episode 3 is bound to come back. But whether it will be as a sequel with the same card battle mechanics, as a port to another console, or as part of a compilation of Phantasy Star games, or even as a "future retro" download game on a future console, that I don't know.
It doesn't seem to be Sega's style, not to reuse (somewhat succesfull) IP.

Gaderffii
May 26, 2007, 11:28 AM
Hey it could make a comeback as a download for the wii. That would be pretty awesome with the wiis wifi and stuff.

Getintothegame
May 27, 2007, 01:23 AM
On 2007-05-10 13:41, T0m wrote:
And I doubt that it would never return. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
In my view, given enough time, Episode 3 is bound to come back. But whether it will be as a sequel with the same card battle mechanics, as a port to another console, or as part of a compilation of Phantasy Star games, or even as a "future retro" download game on a future console, that I don't know.
It doesn't seem to be Sega's style, not to reuse (somewhat succesfull) IP.

See: Shenmue.

Great game, not a very large fanbase.

Weeaboolits
May 27, 2007, 02:48 AM
Shenmue did get a sequel though, also Yakuza borrowed a lot from its game engine, so I hear. ;]