PDA

View Full Version : Can PSOBB run on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit?

zelda_king3
May 6, 2007, 10:37 AM
Can it run? And How do you Just Wondring Just Installed PSOBB And didn't test it yet.... -_O

Saffran
May 6, 2007, 12:13 PM
I'd worry more about Vista running *at all* than PSOBB running under Vista.

That said, Sega is working on it. For now they can't promise that the game runs smoothly, so try at your own risk, more or less.

zelda_king3
May 6, 2007, 02:10 PM
I Tryed PSOBB Works But when it goes to the patching screen PLUMP! i Either Get a Gameguard Sped Hack error or this error with numbers and words *NO BSOD OR Black Screen*

galwenlestat
May 6, 2007, 03:15 PM
ok i know for a fact that BB WILL run on vista (im actually looking up some items for my HUcaseal to hunt for right now)
as to running it on x64 the best way to do it is right click the icon on your desktop and under compatibility check always run as admin (you have to have admin rights on your computer to run BB in vista) then allow gamegurd to go through all of it's patching. once you get to the gamescreen do patch download and get patched up. now you should be fine running BB, however there are countless problems with BB on vista the #1 being YOU CAN'T TYPE. there is a workaround for this but before i post it i would like to know you can run the game. as long as you can sign in and play for a few mins drop me a pm and i'll help you setup to be able to type.

zelda_king3
May 7, 2007, 06:52 AM
Well I Tried to Run PSOBB but when i reach the Patching Screen i get this error with these numbers and letters but i don'y get Sped hack error anymore im running PSOBB as administrator and compatabilty mode Windows XP (Service pack 2) any idea's left?

BTW This worked on my old windows i used to use Windows XP Media Center Edition 2006

galwenlestat
May 8, 2007, 08:46 AM
truthfull i haven't been using compatibility mode at all so you could try turning that off, when i said to patch the game up i ment use the download patch option not by logging into the game and then letting it patch (sometimes that trips out a little) if you can get the patch loaded you are done because there is only one patch out that i have seen. do you have any anti virus or firewalls running? because it sounds to me that something is blocking BB from accessing the files it needs to update. beyond that it could simply be that BB doesn't like 64bit windows. i'll keep checking and see if i can find any other fixes for you.

zelda_king3
May 13, 2007, 11:24 AM
Actually i got it to Work i just had to Make the Firewall Exceptional and not use Compatabilty&Use The Patch Selection not start game

galwenlestat
May 15, 2007, 10:01 AM
im glad you got it working, now the fun test. can you type? if not i'll try and walk you through setting it up on vista.

zelda_king3
May 15, 2007, 01:52 PM
Nah i can't Talk but i can walk and do actions and symbols but right now im trying to get PSU working on My vista i tried the Guide Around on the Tech Support but i still get "Speed Hack Detected" Thats the only error i get! >=[ i even Disabled my UAC My firewall is set to PSU To exception and everything

galwenlestat
May 15, 2007, 07:17 PM
i'll tell you the truth i have yet to find any help on the "official" sega site. i know you can find an exe that bypasses GG (and i only mention it because i use it my self, not to cheat, just so i can play) another option is to stop ALL programs running in the background, as some download programs register as hacks to GG. let me know if that help, i could email you the GG bypass exe if you really need it but it's better to not use it, i wouldn't want you to risk sega banning you just for doing what was required for you to play.

(edited for syntax error)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: galwenlestat on 2007-05-15 17:19 ]</font>

zelda_king3
May 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
im ok i Don't need help on PSOBB i just need help on PSU because I get that Stupid Error also Nonthing is Running in ther Background infact therers no icons what so ever&my UAC is disactive

galwenlestat
May 16, 2007, 08:03 AM
i haven't messed with PSU on vista, im actually on the 360 version to try and avoid all the hacking i remember from my dreamcast and GC PSO days. sorry i can't help.

zelda_king3
May 16, 2007, 08:29 AM
It's Alright!

zelda_king3
May 16, 2007, 08:30 AM
ill just Play on my Freinds PS2 tll i find a way to play on VISTA

galwenlestat
May 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=27431

this guy claims to have "fixed" the speed hack problem with vista, don't know if it will help you but heres hoping.

zelda_king3
May 16, 2007, 06:48 PM
Tried that Still get Speed Hack Detected something is Blocking it im certain i even tried PSU with Firewall off&UAC off and same freaking thing.Say anyone who get PSU on Vista Working now Can you tell like what do you do?

Example:
1.Turn on Uac
2.Reboot
3.Etc

Well heres what i did to try out PSU
1.UAC is off
2.go to the PSU Folder
3.Click run as Administrator on Online.EXE
4.Hit Network mode
5.Loading
6.SPEED HACK DETECTED
7.PSU shuts down