PDA

View Full Version : Event Mods

Ravennittes
May 6, 2007, 07:55 PM
Since I know many people playing PSU (on both servers) are craving pso-world run events, I thought I might come up with a solution: Event Mods. That's right, Event Mods! I only say this because I know that the other mods have lives and, as such, cannot plan events.

Take 4-6 people (2-3 per server) and make them low-ranked mods. Their job would be to concieve, plan and execute events in the pso-world name. These people wouldn't be mods on par with Ryna, Rena-ko, Tomeeboy ect, instead they'd be given entry level mod powers (ie edit posts/thread names among a couple others). These mods should have enormous amounts of time on their hands so that they CAN carry out events.

Commenting by mods and otherwise would be appreciated.

Ryno
May 6, 2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ravennittes
May 10, 2007, 01:31 PM
I heard some reports that this might be in the works. The rumor also said that the staff wanted to see the reaction of the community, and Ryno alone does not a community make.

Zarbolord
May 10, 2007, 01:40 PM
I think the idea is nice. I could do the mod for a few months, but by september I'll be in uni http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'll stay to making comics and films, but yeah, some ppl could fill in these roles, would hel pa lot.

Kevino
May 10, 2007, 11:40 PM
I'd vote for it! Do it to it and let the eventing begin!

RubyEclipse
May 11, 2007, 04:16 PM
Anything that gets more people out there and holding events has my backing 100%.

-Shimarisu-
May 12, 2007, 12:08 AM
Or you could, you know, just play the game.

All this need for events is basically saying "This game is lacking. I don't know why I'm playing it. Oh wait, I'm playing it for my need for attention in being the organiser of dumb events."

-Shimarisu-
May 12, 2007, 12:14 AM
Aka "Please let me be the event mod, I'm not well known enough in this particular community."

Genoa
May 12, 2007, 12:44 AM
On 2007-05-11 22:08, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Or you could, you know, just play the game.

All this need for events is basically saying "This game is lacking. I don't know why I'm playing it. Oh wait, I'm playing it for my need for attention in being the organiser of dumb events."
Aka "Please let me be the event mod, I'm not well known enough in this particular community."

fixed*
anyways >_>
I say it would be neat :3

-Shimarisu-
May 12, 2007, 01:00 AM
Sorry, but if you NEED events that sorta tells me you are not getting enough from the game. I am, and I think events barring get togethers to find more people to play with are all very unecessary.

Even the Sega sponsored ones.

OK, ESPECIALLY the Sega sponsored ones. They really smack of desperation, and I wonder why most people cannot enjoy the existing gameplay like I can without needing silly shit like LOL CHAIR RACE. Et al.

Genoa
May 12, 2007, 01:47 AM
So I believe this game is in desperation, I can barely find enough friends on that are on a character that i'm playing that's around my level that's available, and um... Events are a nice way to gather people at one time.
It's like... schedualing someone to come over to your house, instead of them just coming over and asking if they can come in, because half the time, you might be busy, about to go somewhere, doing work, etc...
Organization... it's a good thing :3

-Shimarisu-
May 12, 2007, 02:55 AM
Solution: Get a 360.

If PC really is that desperately in need of events I'm glad I left.

-Shimarisu-
May 12, 2007, 02:59 AM
Please do note I said events BARRING get togethers are not needed.

If you need to be entertained by non game related stuff such as Sega sponsored taking photos (a shambles) time attack (already provided in much more reliable terms by Bruce's Dungeon) or performing plays and stuff, my advice to you is to join a real life social club or something because you obviously are not getting enough from this game.

Genoa
May 12, 2007, 04:00 AM
Would you like to donate me a couple hundred bucks? Because I don't have money to spend willy nilly <_> got a few bills here and there I have to pay... a 360 is definately not in the price-range at the moment.
Or maybe i'm just complaining too much and should just play the game and try to find more in it because i'm obviously not getting enough from the game -_-

Seriously, doing something in a game that isn't just playing is fun too. I mean JUST spamming Crimson for eternity isn't enough for everyone. JUST leveling your PA's isn't enough for everyone. JUST playing the game isn't enough for everyone >_____> I apologize if i'm coming off as a prick, but i'm just trying to explain the how someone else feels about the game. Opinions are made to be shared and thought over, not to be grinded on someone and forced. Though your intentions might not have seemed so, this is how I interpreted what you said.

The PS2/PC population LIVES at Lakeshore, it's not pretty. Infact, I'm almost certain i'd love to PLAY the game more often if there were more people I could play with to do alternate missions. Not for MP, not for EXP, not even for drops (that's all a plus, but...) I'd do it for FUN http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And I absolutely cannot stand to solo, not even if i'm hunting something... I'd rather find it with a group and it not be mine than try to solo it for hours and hours with little progress on the character.
So there, i'm stuck doing a lot of Crimson and maybe a few Valley of Carnage.

Maybe I should just save up for a 360 <_> it obviously seems to be "where it's at"

Ryna
May 12, 2007, 02:39 PM
As Shimarisu was mentioning, the best events are the ones that will bring people together to have fun. Coming up with original ideas and finding time to implement them has been very difficult. The platform split also complicates any potential events. That doesn't mean we're not going to hold any, it just means we have to work harder.

Zarbolord
May 13, 2007, 05:07 AM
Would be nice to have colour days... You know... where everyone wears a certain colour :3 *enter word* day, where u have to speak with the word at theend of every sentence...

ulyoth
May 13, 2007, 12:23 PM
Whats wrong with just saying "Lets all play at Rouges shortcut or something" Youre meeting up and enjoying the game for what it is.

Ravennittes
May 14, 2007, 04:27 AM
I was thinking of having event mods to play more complicated events for the community and run them efficiently under the pso-world flag. These events are only limited by your imagination, so it won't just be, "Race through all missions" type stuff.

Oh Shim, I don;t wanna be an Event Mod... too much work 'cause I just wanna play ^.^ .

omegapirate2k
May 14, 2007, 10:30 AM
I don't know why we have to have event mods, any member can make an event if they want to, and many have.

Ravennittes
May 14, 2007, 01:25 PM
Omega, those would be player-sponsored events, not PSO-world sponsored ones.

DurakkenX
May 16, 2007, 08:33 AM
Ok here's the thing... so far only a few ideas have any remotely been successful as far as events

1. Fashion Shows that i did
2. Some sort of hunt that ruby eclipse did
3. Get together and talk held by a few people
and
4. the official wear a color and get an item event

There is also a number of events that can be held like races, but people can cheat with them and you need to have people stationed to make sure cheating isn't viable... the level differential and not to mention how long this takes just is boring for those holding it. On top of that you have to get prizes and make it worth peoples' while to actually do.

So you either have a lack of support or a lack of prizes or just pure boredom for at least half the people involved since a lot of events especially held by people not too known really won't get a crowd together at all.

now back to the successful events...
#1, you need prizes, someone to take pictures, to find good enough areas, and plan it out so that a decent number of people come as well as get fair judges. The problem is it gets chaotic and when it's not chaotic it gets boring. Noone wants to sit around not talking and looking at lame people who can't get it through their heads what they are there for...seriously... the biggest category the last time took like an hour to get through and only 4 people should have been even in it.

#2, Prizes and people are the main problem here. There simply isn't anyone on PC/PS2 ver to do this type of thing as far as i know it was a pretty massive event with great prizes for 360. Ruby was able to pull it off mainly because he's known and has a large group that is working with him.

#3, Just go to the common active area for the time if this is what you want...

#4, do i even need to say how bad these are?

I would love to hold more events but you gotta realize that you are asking people to either give up their own stuff to do for your benefit or expend a lot of energy for something that while fun it is very limited in what you can actually do and there isn't one idea that can be pulled off without sacrifices by those holding it...and usually these type of things are meant to benefit the supporter in some way, which i just can't see a PSO-W sponsored event would do, nor would any other player sponsored event other than those held by guilds maybe... though i would say having to participate in something like this might be a detraction to some people.