PDA

View Full Version : After gameguard I get a black screen then error

EnixBelmont
May 8, 2007, 03:33 AM
I tryed to start playing this game since the first time since like launch, and it gives me an error right after I start it and gameguard finishes loading. Is there any way to fix this?

Dhylec
May 8, 2007, 03:34 PM
Try deleting the GG folder. At worst situation, you can uninstall & reinstall the game to see if it improves.

EnixBelmont
May 9, 2007, 07:07 AM
Well, I deleted the gameguard, let it run and update again, and the same thing is happening. Problem is, I lost my disc, so what do I do? FInd a torrent or rebuy it? (if I can even find it).

I have no clue what to do, it owrked fine before :/

mrnanoblast
May 9, 2007, 12:52 PM
the same thing is happening to me and ive played it once and it worked fine but my labtops battery died and so i charged it and i tried to play the next day but it kept popping up the error no matter how many times i uninstalled and reinstalled it and i still cant play it

EnixBelmont
May 9, 2007, 01:00 PM
Well, after reading around on different forums, including the main sega site, the error is usually caused by Norton internet security and another firewall system who's name I forget(SOmething that starts with a K?). They block gameguard even if they're disabled, and you need to uninstall them to get it working. It can also be caused by gameguard detecting spyware on your computer. I ran an antispyware and got rid of everything bad I had, completely uninstalled norton, and everything, though, and it's still giving me the same error. I hear checking off the "Save ID and Password" can also help some people.

Luckily, I managed to find my disc, and I'm, attempting to install it again right now and see if that works.

mrnanoblast
May 14, 2007, 05:07 PM
but if you uninstall the norton internet security and the firewall thing cant you get all these virisus and crap on the computer because i did that on my old computer and it got so many virisus on it that it just stopped working and i still cant get it to work and it happened last year around august i think but i was trying to play a different game not psu

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-05-14 15:07, mrnanoblast wrote:
but if you uninstall the norton internet security and the firewall thing cant you get all these virisus and crap on the computer because i did that on my old computer and it got so many virisus on it that it just stopped working and i still cant get it to work and it happened last year around august i think but i was trying to play a different game not psu

Periods are your friend.
Anyway, I have been having this problem too. Security settings might be too high, so don't go uninstalling your virus software. Check that and see what happens.