PDA

View Full Version : RANT: Hard Dragon and Musashi

fahdiz
Dec 12, 2002, 10:37 AM
Oooooookay. If I kill the Hard Dragon *ONE MORE TIME* and he drops *another* Trifluid, Sol Atomizer, or Trap Vision, I'm going to scream, scream, scream.

Cron, my HUcast, is lvl 26, id Skyly. How many Hard Dragon runs did it take other Skylys to get the Musashis from that big fire-breathin' hunk-o-junk?

I'm so irritated.

Goza
Dec 12, 2002, 10:44 AM
I took about 7 or 8. I don't think it was worth it. I like the Yamato though. That took about 7 or 8. I'm Greenil though.

fahdiz
Dec 12, 2002, 11:14 AM
On 2002-12-12 07:44, Goza wrote:
I took about 7 or 8. I don't think it was worth it. I like the Yamato though. That took about 7 or 8. I'm Greenil though.

I'm currently using a DB's Saber, thanks to a few General/Power units. Would you say the Musashi is better?

Yamato looks great but I'm having trouble beating (Hard) Dark Falz with my main character (Gawain, HUmar) in order to get into VHard mode. I think I'll have to do the old "drop a bunch of mates, die, refill at shop, come back" trick in order to get him. Dark Falz's third form is tough for a Hunter, wouldn't you say?

Elusive_Llama
Dec 12, 2002, 11:35 AM
I'd say the Musashi is better because it is more powerful and can do up to a 5-hit combo, whereas DB sabers are limited to 3. The final attack in the combo has a very slow cooldown time, so you might want to do the first two attacks, run away, then repeat.

Falz's final form is tough if you don't have a handgun of some sort. I use a Verista because of its range and accuracy. You could do the dying/tp trick if you want to be extra safe, but it really isn't necessary as long as you can cast Resta and carry the max of mates and fluids on yourself. Just remember to use mates to heal yourself when he steals your soul because resta will heal him also.

Goza
Dec 12, 2002, 12:00 PM
I did Dark Falz's third form with HU, so I don't know about recovery items. I never used a gun though. Just a +9 Delsaber's.

You can dodge his little stream of energy thingies, but for the rest of it, it's not so easy. I also wailed on him whether he had my soul or not, because resta is fun like that.

You could probably save up scape dolls and do it that way without dropping mates. I've never had to use any, so I have about 30 I think. If you could get a bunch, you could probably make it to him and have plenty of goes at it with a button set full of star atomizers, dimates, and trimates.

Get a bunch of Resist/Holy items and a Metal/Body. That worked well for me. I'm probably going to try him on VHard this weekend. My ranger and force are on ruins Normal, so it'll be a DF kill fest for me.

Neifan
Dec 12, 2002, 12:24 PM
My SKYLY char has never found Musashi or Yamato from the dragon. My REDRIA char found a Yamato first try, though.

Tavia
Dec 12, 2002, 01:14 PM
I keep getting Meseta or nothing at all from the Ultimate dragon.

Now that's ass, folks.

Goza
Dec 12, 2002, 01:19 PM
On 2002-12-12 10:14, Tavia wrote:
I keep getting Meseta or nothing at all from the Ultimate dragon.

Now that's ass, folks.

I'm a bit off topic here, but that's what I get from VHard De Rol Le. It's usually nothing, or sometimes an atomizer. In fact, that's what I get from the entire caves area. Although once or twice I did find a photon drop!!! Yippee skippy for offline only http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Richard
Dec 12, 2002, 04:19 PM
As Skyly, I beat the Dragon on Hard nearly 20 times, and never got the Musashi. However, my first V.Hard Dragon fight I got the Yamato, so I guess it kinda balanced out.

Siegfried
Dec 12, 2002, 07:12 PM
Hmm... I'm a purplenum, ad when I went multimode with a friend, we found the ?SPECIALWEAPON which eventually turned into the Musashi. That was my first encounter with the hard dragon. Then I tried him alone. He dropped a frigging monomate -.- Then my friend and I fought him again and he dropped another Musashi. All the time I was the main character. Too bad I can't use it, just gotta wait till I change my Gobooma's Right Arm gets turned into a Gobooma's Claw.

BTW, do you have to beat all the quests in order for Montague to convert body parts ito weapons, or can you get him to do it on the first quest he mentions turning "materials" into weapons? (Forget the name of it.)

EvilSilvir
Dec 12, 2002, 09:10 PM
no you have to beat all the quests. =( those cave quests can really make you wanna break the disc in half >_<

I HATE BOSS FIGHTS! >_< Im on very hard ruins and haven't gotten a single rare of ANY boss yet and Im lvl 60!(this includes episode2) maybe when I get to ultimate things will get better

ancalagon
Dec 14, 2002, 02:54 PM
i get a musashi almost every time i fight the hard dragon, so i had about 20 of them at one point =) im a skyly, but i have a theory that first three bosses drop the same thing for all classes on hard and vhard, and in succession (ie. musashi-yamato, talis-mahu, photon launcher-guilty light).

cbearfei
Dec 14, 2002, 02:56 PM
Most bosses don't usually drop stuff your first time through. It took me 4 or 5 times to get a talis from De La Roe in hard mode. Even longer to get even a Yamato out of the dragons corpse. Unforunately, I've yet to see any boss drops in Episode 2 or from Dark Falz, that cheap jerk! Does he really even drop anything at all?

Siegfried
Dec 14, 2002, 07:48 PM
On 2002-12-12 18:10, EvilSilvir wrote:
no you have to beat all the quests. =( those cave quests can really make you wanna break the disc in half >_<

I HATE BOSS FIGHTS! >_< Im on very hard ruins and haven't gotten a single rare of ANY boss yet and Im lvl 60!(this includes episode2) maybe when I get to ultimate things will get better

YES! Some of the caves uests are rather annoying, BUT, now that the GC version has relinquished itself a little bit more, MOME plays dead instead of not healing himself. w00t!

Driadyte
Dec 14, 2002, 10:37 PM
Lesse, I'm Redria, lv 65 and the only boss I've gotten anything rare out of is De Rol Le on Hard. Got a Talis on my first try I think. Haven't gotten anything from the Dragon or Vol Opt on Hard or VHard, and nothing from De Rol Le on VHard, although I've only done the caves and mines once on VHard. Eventually I'll get something though. I prefer enemy parts anyway (I have a Booma claw, a Gobooma claw, a Rappy fan, and 2 G-assassin sabers)

MalambisBZ
Dec 15, 2002, 09:26 AM
You only need to do 3 or 4 quests to get him to make weapons for you.

I had fought the hard and very hard dragon multiple times to get yamato or musashi but never did. But yesterday during heat sword quest, he dropped a yamato for me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also, the first 3 bosses only drop:
musashi/talis/photon launcher
As weapons.

Driadyte
Dec 15, 2002, 08:17 PM
Well, that's what they drop on Hard, anyway. On Vhard, the drop:

Yamato/Mahu/???

Don't remember what Vol Opt drops. Guilty Light or something like that. Oh, and on my 3rd run through of VHard caves, I got a Mahu from De Rol Le. Add that to my Talis from first run of Hard caves, and it looks like Redria is good at making our buddy De Rol Le drop things. Wonder if that carries over to Barba Ray, too? Ultimate Temple, I'm comin for your Twin Brand!

fahdiz
Dec 16, 2002, 10:12 AM
Well, I finally got my Musashi, after a few more runs. Cron has also already found two Flowen's Swords off Nano Dragons in the Hard Caves. I love Skyly. I can't *stand* Whitill. I must have done 15 Hard Dragon runs with Gawain (my Whitill HUmar) and the best thing I got was a frigging Trifluid.

IceBurner
Dec 16, 2002, 02:04 PM
My main character is Yellowboze and I had a Yamato drop one afternoon when I decideed to play through the V.Hard Forest before work. I had just enough time to defeat the Dragon and check out the item it surprised me by dropping.

And the moral of this story? Er, le'see ... perhaps "A watched pot never boils"? If you just let it happen folks, you'll be less aggrevated and more pleasantly surprised when it does ^_^

Advinus
Dec 16, 2002, 02:25 PM
i picked up my Musashi on my first run through hard forest with my 22LV Hucast playing Offline Multi with my skyly in tow ... funny thing is i caqn't even use it yet