PDA

View Full Version : Fan-****ing-tastic.

McLaughlin
May 9, 2007, 10:47 AM
Gogo Live update! The one feature you blitzed me with over the last month was "OMG MSM ON 360!". Guess what? "Child" accounts (IE me, because I was one of the four people on the internet who didn't lie about their age when signing up for an email address) are locked out of the feature (as well as several other features in past updates).

This wouldn't irk me so much if A) They would have let us known that they were locking out 85% of MSN's users, B) That once your Gamertag is deemed a "Child" profile, it wouldn't be stuck that way, and C) There was a Family Settings option to rectify the problem.

Hell, we can't even change the email addresses linked to our Gamertags. I made a hotmail account just to migrate my EXISTING Live subscription to my 360, and a month later I finally got an email address set up with my ISP (so I wouldn't be locked out of sites like this one). So, even if I were able to use the service I'd have no one to talk to because all my contacts are on my ACTUAL email address.

I hope whoever was in charge of this update (or the Family Settings blade) has a kid they just locked out of MSN who gives him/her a good kick in the stones.

Weeaboolits
May 9, 2007, 11:11 AM
That sucks.

omegapirate2k
May 9, 2007, 11:54 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Midicronica
May 9, 2007, 12:22 PM
Haha! Everyone knows you're cooler when you lie about your age. ;D

:edit:

By the way, when is that update again...?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-05-09 10:25 ]</font>

McLaughlin
May 9, 2007, 02:42 PM
It was this morning.

Midicronica
May 9, 2007, 02:47 PM
Sweet. Uh...I guess I should get a MSN account?

-Shimarisu-
May 9, 2007, 03:59 PM
Wait... you can use MSN on 360?

Can you use it in-game?

omegapirate2k
May 9, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-05-09 13:59, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Can you use it in-game?

Yes, talking to shadow right now on my computer, hes on 4th floor.

Link00seven
May 9, 2007, 09:54 PM
I called CS and bitched that guy out about this, and I know a lot of people are as well. It's stupid that we can't use it when we've all had AIM accounts for years, and we can still play on Xbox Live (which is a lot more vulgar then a chat service) yet we cant chat...its stupid. I've heard that people who are over 18 but weren't when they signed up for this having problems using it as well.

Nice going MS!

McLaughlin
May 9, 2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, it appears that once a profile is designated a "Child" profile, it's stuck that way. There's no way I'm making a new Gamertag (half the Achievements I have were acquired through absolute luck) just to use a service I already have 3 feet away from me. A service I've been using with no issues for several months.

Kimil
May 9, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-05-09 09:11, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
That sucks.

Sure does

Zorafim
May 10, 2007, 12:11 AM
That's just what you get for owning a 360.

On 2007-05-09 08:47, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Gogo Live update! The one feature you blitzed me with over the last month was "OMG MSM ON 360!". Guess what? "Child" accounts (IE me, because I was one of the four people on the internet who didn't lie about their age when signing up for an email address) are locked out of the feature (as well as several other features in past updates).

This wouldn't irk me so much if A) They would have let us known that they were locking out 85% of MSN's users, B) That once your Gamertag is deemed a "Child" profile, it wouldn't be stuck that way, and C) There was a Family Settings option to rectify the problem.

Hell, we can't even change the email addresses linked to our Gamertags. I made a hotmail account just to migrate my EXISTING Live subscription to my 360, and a month later I finally got an email address set up with my ISP (so I wouldn't be locked out of sites like this one). So, even if I were able to use the service I'd have no one to talk to because all my contacts are on my ACTUAL email address.

I hope whoever was in charge of this update (or the Family Settings blade) has a kid they just locked out of MSN who gives him/her a good kick in the stones.

Kimil
May 10, 2007, 12:13 AM
Edit -> I just deleted this, please distroy my post lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-05-09 22:26 ]</font>

Zorafim
May 10, 2007, 12:19 AM
Should I have posted a reference link with that?

McLaughlin
May 10, 2007, 07:08 AM
On 2007-05-09 22:11, Zorafim wrote:
That's just what you get for being one of 4 people on the internet who haven't lied about their age.

Sychosis
May 10, 2007, 09:02 AM
On 2007-05-10 05:08, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-05-09 22:11, Zorafim wrote:
That's just what you get for being one of 4 people on the internet who haven't lied about their age.

Indeed. That T rating sure hasn't stopped Zorafim from figuring out a way to get PSU. That sly dog.

Gaderffii
May 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
But why are you like 8 or whatevver and you list your name on a pretty public website? MAybe a pedophiles gonna get you!