PDA

View Full Version : i need help

mrnanoblast
May 9, 2007, 03:20 PM
im a lvl 85 hunter and i cant beat the ultimate caves boss ive even taken 3-4 scape dolls with me and he still killed me but i got his mask off so thats good. so does anyone have any tips for me on how to beat him.

doubleEXP
May 9, 2007, 03:48 PM
If you're playing a HUmar or HUnewearl just spam resta and carry lots of fluids -- you'll win the war of attrition. Plus you can cast zailure on him, also, to lower his DEF.

If you're playing a HUcast or HUcaseal couple of tricks to consider:

Go down there with 10 monomates, 10 dimates, 10 trimates, and 10 star atomizers. Drop them on the raft when the fight starts then let yourself get killed. When you appear in the hospital on P2 run to the bank and get out 10 more mono's, di's, tri's and stars and go back down. Now you've 20 of each to work with (the 10 of each on you plus the 10 on the raft to pick up when your inventory goes empty).

2. Learn to avoid his attacks. Most are avoidable with practice.

The lasers are beyond easy. Just stand on one end of the raft when he's about to shoot his sweeping laser and start running to the other side of the raft. By the time you make it to the other side the sweeping shot is over. Wait there for his photon-intake (the moment before the next attack) and then run to the other side. Rinse and repeat until that part of the fight is over.

When he's in front of the raft and throws up the three things that surround you DON'T destroy them. Let them detonate. When they go off they knock you over and ~ while they cause damage, its not that bad ~ so the barrage of photons he emits after will pass through you harmlessly. That barrage is usually way more damage than what the three things do to you.

For the rocks that fall from the ceiling just stand on one of the two back corners of the raft. The falling rocks will miss you most of the time if you stand there.

As for weapons use either a sword-type or a parisan-type, since he has multiple parts and those types can hit them all if you're positioned correctly. Try aiming at his middle and bit towards his rear. You should be able to hit 4-5 points at once.

When he's up on the raft do a three-hit combo then run in a circle. His tentacle attack will ALWAYS miss if you're moving before and while he does it. FYI: If you time it right, you can do TWO 3-hit combos when he first gets up on the raft, then one 3-hit combo between each tentacle attack.

If you have the dolphin-PB and its good to go wait until he is on the raft. Point the camera so you're looking right at his mouth/face (and thus - right down the length of his body). Activate it then at it will hit every single target in him for massive damage. Or, if you have the Mylla & Youlla PB make sure you get the most out of it: once your PB gauge is at 100% save if for just before he jumps up on the raft - so you can get in as many attacks as possible while pumped up.

However, if you cannot survive a falling rock or a detonating ring of things (not enough HP) try using more hp units, like Dragon/HP (or God/HP if you have it).

Banish
May 9, 2007, 04:16 PM
Well if you're strong enough, kill the following mines around you, that way you don't have to take damage at all.

From my experience, you can dodge the crustacean's beam attacks from the nearest corner near the crustacean's head, if you're lucky it will miss.

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 04:26 PM
You could always level up a bit to make the task easier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Anuminus
May 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
Watch your HP and learn to anticipate his attacks, also: to the person who said the lasers are easy to dodge... No, you're thinking of De Rol Le. Dal Ral Lie's lasers CANNOT be dodged, as he fires them in rapid succession.

mrnanoblast, check the boss guide and find out what attack do what amount of damage, this will help you decide whether to keep attacking DRL or run away when he does certain attacks. Also, I usually wait til lvl 95 or so to kill DRL, although sometimes I don't if I decide to beserk/charge him with the particular character.

Just be patient, watch for his patterns, and don't be risky. DRL is easy once you learn his pattern. Same with the other bosses...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anuminus on 2007-05-09 15:43 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
May 9, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-05-09 15:42, Anuminus wrote:
Watch your HP and learn to anticipate his attacks, also: to the person who said the lasers are easy to dodge... No, you're thinking of De Rol Le. Dal Ral Lie's lasers CANNOT be dodged, as he fires them in rapid succession.

mrnanoblast, check the boss guide and find out what attack do what amount of damage, this will help you decide whether to keep attacking DRL or run away when he does certain attacks. Also, I usually wait til lvl 95 or so to kill DRL, although sometimes I don't if I decide to beserk/charge him with the particular character.

Just be patient, watch for his patterns, and don't be risky. DRL is easy once you learn his pattern. Same with the other bosses...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anuminus on 2007-05-09 15:43 ]</font>

Yeah... like the time he missed me with his lasers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

SStrikerR
May 9, 2007, 06:50 PM
On 2007-05-09 15:42, Anuminus wrote:

they can be doged, just try again, and try running across the platform, not walking which i guess you do. i never get hit by it unless i walk out of the room.

mrnanoblast
May 10, 2007, 12:42 AM
ok thanks for the tips i'll try to lvl up and then get more scape dolls just in case

Rainbowlemon
May 10, 2007, 05:01 AM
Never attack the head. Equip a sword/partisan or use rafoie and attack the body. It's weaker, and you'll get multiple hits in. In case you didn't know that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif