PDA

View Full Version : PSO? What can be inproved?

Militrant
May 10, 2007, 07:40 PM
Alright. For all those PSO LOVERS out there..

There has to be SOMEEEEE flaws. come on. Nothing is perfect?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

so. I want to know what YOU think about PSO. what are the good things? What do you think are the bad things!? Its important to know the flawss in EVERY game, so the next version is improved.

In my opinion, PSO's flaws are:

the glitches that make it so you're about 5 feet in a room and you cant target/hit an enemy, but the enemy can hit you.

I dislike how only 10 of an item can be carried. ex: Monomates x 10 cant go up to 11.

Bank needs more slots. 500.

inventory needs more. 50.

I think that each and every stat should be as important as eachother. (come on, we all know that DEF and EVP are useless ^_~)

Have anymore flaws? Let us know!

Banish
May 10, 2007, 07:49 PM
EPI 2 has too much walking less EXP than a Ruins run, but is beautiful.

Garanz-Baranz
May 10, 2007, 09:31 PM
>.>

only flaw I know is that the Tsumikiri J-Sword is not worth it's Drop Rate.

I mean, hell, a Red Sword at max gride has 710 or so ATP, where as the Tsumikiri only gets about 750[cant remember 100%]

And Red Sword just looks cooler...

Oh, more flaws-

On Red Sword, the 'slash graphic' on it is ONLY at the hilt of the sword, and it's upside-down, and does not glow in Dark rooms.

On Delsabers Buster, the 'slash' is upside-down.

The Delsaber's Shield graphic[during the Delsaber combo] turns green on very bright floors, and blue on red graphic walls.[this is also true for a Delsaber itself]

Drill Launcher states to have Mechgun range on PSOW Database but it's one bullet boom short, so it's shorter than mechgun range.

Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen can trigger it's freeze effect without hitting the target.

Red Handgun fires green bullets.

Red Mechgun fires green bullets.

Dark Meteor was never released
Dark Flow was never released
Dark Bridge was never released

Orotiagito never kept it's percents from it's transformation from Agito 1975.

Dark Belra and Indi Belra arm launches are from the center of it's body on the regular PSO version, not on Plus though.

Vol Opt can't attack once his last part gets blown off.

Sometimes Shots moved back and forth once fired, this is a glitch from the Final Impact shot.

The Dubwhich can't be hit by Techniques until it's brought down.

You can't see NPC names on your word select in the city, but you can on Ragol.

The clouds on the Ragol image in the Guild move far too fast.

HUnewearls and FOnewearls had belly areas as thin as the arm.

Nano Dragons can attack other monsters.

If a PB was activated after the first PB was animated, the 2nd PB dies.

Garanz DFP never reduced once it's armor was gone.

zandra117
May 10, 2007, 09:43 PM
DDWBP needs S-Rank weapons as its prizes while Challenge Mode needs the DDWBP prizes.

TTF needs to be a quest that requires the leader of a party to pay a Photon Sphere before they can play the quest, like how DDWBP requires a photon crystal. Simply becuse people play it soo much that they forget about the rest of the game. Respective Tomorrow needs to require payment of a Photon Drop for access.

Photon Spheres need to be a semi-rare drop in episode 2 only. That would encourage people to hunt them there to get access to TTF. And would increase the amount of players in episode 2. While Photon Drops will be an uncommon drop in episode 1 only and grant access to Respective Tomorrow. Photon Crystals will still be a rare drop in episode 4 only and grant access to DDWBP.

Photon Drop - Uncommon Drop - Access to RT - Find in Ep 1 - Used in GS to get special items and add percents to weapons
Photon Sphere - Semi-Rare Drop - Access to TTF - Find in Ep 2 - Used in GS to add percents to weapons and put specials on S-Rank weapons
Photon Crystal - Rare Drop - Access to DDWBP - Find in Ep 4 - Used in GS to add percents to S-Rank weapons.

Dhylec
May 11, 2007, 08:13 AM
On 2007-05-10 17:40, Militrant wrote:
In my opinion, PSO's flaws are:

the glitches that make it so you're about 5 feet in a room and you cant target/hit an enemy, but the enemy can hit you.

I dislike how only 10 of an item can be carried. ex: Monomates x 10 cant go up to 11.

Bank needs more slots. 500.

inventory needs more. 50.

I think that each and every stat should be as important as eachother. (come on, we all know that DEF and EVP are useless ^_~)

Have anymore flaws? Let us know!

Most of these flaws/limitations are fixed in PSU. ;]

Banish
May 11, 2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah, but some of the Ruins glitches in PSO look really interesting...

burning_card
May 11, 2007, 04:47 PM
But PSU is over priced and sucks very badly offline...it's okay online but only worth about four bucks a month.

Anyway, the flaws in PSO are easy to point out in some cases. A lot of the problems with character models like the HUney USED to have a bad ass mechgun naimation when she walked (she held them out to her sides and walked cool in ver 1 and 2 from the DC days) but now a days she walks like everyone else...but when they "fixed" sher walk, they screwed it up, so now her right arm looks like it breaks at the elbow everytime you walk with mechguns.

True, the bank needs a lot more space, 200 is very tiny, though i think the inventory is fine for PSO.

Photon drops need to be DISABLED offline. I ate running for a sealed J sword or both handgun milla and guld, or the worst was the yasha hunt...killed about a thousand, dropped a red box and i almost died because i hadn't killed too many belras...friggen photon drop.

Character model problems like the FOney's hands will dissapear into her dress thing when she walks no matter her proportons. (The default type outfits)

RAmarl's have no crotch.

Broken gun animations on the HUcast and especially the RAcast.

i think everyone could name a million issues with the game, but we all still love it. (especially since we're all still here...)

PSOgamer17
May 12, 2007, 09:46 AM
hey garanz baranz, the nano dragon thing ( it attacking other enemy's) is not a glitch for each enemy it kills it gets stronger. as for me i would say being able to spam a room with magic and kill everything in it before you even enter. Also the stats should be more even.

Sinue_v2
May 12, 2007, 10:33 AM
But PSU is over priced and sucks very badly offline...

While I agree that the offline mode sucks, it's only because Sega used it as basically a tutorial and demo for online mode. Even though there's still (arguably) more content to be found offline than online. If they had really put the effort into making the offline portion a decent stand-alone RPG, then I would have absolutely no problems with it.

That's actually a step in the RIGHT direction I think. If they made a Phantasy Star which could compete with titles like Rouge Galaxy, Final Fantasy (to a digree), or even Star Ocean - then we would have had something.

SStrikerR
May 12, 2007, 11:24 AM
if i played pso a bit moer i would have found moe, but anyways, for my psu break, ill maybe play pso. in gallons treachery online, the one part where the flames came at u and u had to kill big rocks, forces blew them all up b4 the gate unlocked and the fire came at you.cheap.

Garanz-Baranz
May 12, 2007, 06:09 PM
On 2007-05-12 07:46, PSOgamer17 wrote:
hey garanz baranz, the nano dragon thing ( it attacking other enemy's) is not a glitch for each enemy it kills it gets stronger. as for me i would say being able to spam a room with magic and kill everything in it before you even enter. Also the stats should be more even.

I know it's not a glitch. I just foresee that enemies shouldn't attack others out of fre will.

SuperChoco
May 13, 2007, 12:03 AM

This should be a special ability for Androids.

Militrant
May 13, 2007, 05:48 PM
No it shouldnt..

Andriods need to be able to use things like grenades, just like traps..but are aimable http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Razor_Burn
May 13, 2007, 10:31 PM
1. Photon drop dupe glitch still exists in PSO+ (Not telling how, so don't ask.)
2. Your character is incapable of running or advanced dodging (jumping out of the way/diving).
3. Limited offline content.
4. Most armor and sheilds are invisible.
5. Focused on weapon-collecting and leveling up.

burning_card
May 14, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-05-12 08:33, Sinue_v2 wrote:

But PSU is over priced and sucks very badly offline...

While I agree that the offline mode sucks, it's only because Sega used it as basically a tutorial and demo for online mode. Even though there's still (arguably) more content to be found offline than online. If they had really put the effort into making the offline portion a decent stand-alone RPG, then I would have absolutely no problems with it.

That's actually a step in the RIGHT direction I think. If they made a Phantasy Star which could compete with titles like Rouge Galaxy, Final Fantasy (to a digree), or even Star Ocean - then we would have had something.

Yeah i would have loved the game if the offline had A LOT more content (mainly extra mode, i got enough out of the story) The combat is nicely done, and the menus are a lot better...but it's still way over priced online. I have to pay mortgage, electricity, food, water, gas, cable, high speed, car insurance, ad all these other damn bills, and then top off another 10 bucks a months (on top of the live service for the 360, which should just be the only playment...) just to play a game i spent 60 bucks on. The game isn't worth the proce, never will be (to me)

Sinue_v2
May 14, 2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah i would have loved the game if the offline had A LOT more content (mainly extra mode, i got enough out of the story)

I wasn't talking about Extra mode. Although it could use a lot of work as well, I would rather just see it abolished altogether and put far more work into the storyline. Make the game twice as long, challenging, and above all - a better and more rewarding storyline with likable characters. Make it really worth a stand-alone RPG. They'll make more than their money back with the fees paid for access to online mode, so let the $50 - $60 you pay up-front go to providing a really stellar single-player experience.

If they wanted, they could cut back a bit on the main storyline, and provide a handfull of side-quests as well as free-missions for play-through by characters you create. You can keep the storyline going that way by adding in branching dialouge and scenarios based on what the player chooses with their own character ala KotoR.

burning_card
May 14, 2007, 06:32 PM
I think if they just took ethan out it would be okay. Ethan isn't really a god character, i mean you could pretty much just slap in a character you created and be on your way through the story. I was just dissapointed because the Casts treated you like an outcast (humans in general) so i wanted to make a cast in extra and see how they would react to me. Extra is baren and boring, but i think they need to take it to the point in which making your own character is the first part of the story.

IwillEATyour
May 18, 2007, 11:14 PM
3 Words.... Customizable Attack Animations
Because when i first got a blade weapon (Dagger, Musashi, Doublesaber etc.) i was like "Wow..... its beautiful" *o*, like a flowchart system between the 3 main attacks.
i was excited when i saw HUcas(however the hell its spelled) new attack animations

just a thought

Akira_R
May 18, 2007, 11:19 PM
I think at this point the main thing that could be improved about PSO is the fact that nothing will ever be improved about it again. An ironic thread if you really think about it.

And yes, I'm prepared to take all the shit I will get for posting this.

Ocin
May 19, 2007, 05:32 PM
Well, they could fix Episode 4's abundant lack of design. >_> But I suppose that is just my opinion.

Banish
May 19, 2007, 06:08 PM
Oh yeah, another factor is that you can't pause the game by pressing start.

But that is what makes PSO PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Silver_Wyrm
May 21, 2007, 06:45 PM
Most of these flaws/limitations are fixed in PSU. ;]

I bought psu and now playing pso again...I loved the new combat, the menus, the customization and ability to change a character to another class etc.

but...they absolutely killed the drop system, breaking our precious specials into pieces, red boxes are common o all difficulties and unexciting, (ah another board I might fail on and lose everything, oh look kubara wood) which was really the point in pso.

additionally grinding feels like it takes too long from early on, (pso's got long but not so quickly) and money management online gets irritating. In pso I lvl'd while item hunting, in psu you really are just trying to grind.

so basically my complaint is, it feels like a cheap mmo now, everything built around making it take as long as possible to reach the goal without thinking about how to make it funner.

PS: no offline multiplayer, and severely limited offline content as compared to online makes it so you pretty much *have* to play online if you want to see half the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2007-05-21 16:46 ]</font>

kadajarik
Aug 22, 2007, 03:02 PM
PSU sucks end of
i totaly agree with Razor_Burn if those things are taken into account sega will have a game up their with resident evil 4

Error_404
Aug 22, 2007, 03:30 PM
PSO glitches? Most annoying one is with high level foie, for my Fonewearl, using level 29 foie at close range with more than one enemy in a group, shoots through the enemy directly infront and hits the one behind it, whilst taking a heavy hit on my Fonewearl because of such.

Sparxx-3
Aug 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
I'm into fashion, so it would be nice to have accessories like they do for PSU. Juggling between the same number of outfits over & over again does become repetitive after awhile.......That, & more variety of combo strikes would be nice >>> take notes from Samurai Warriors.

Ryna
Aug 22, 2007, 08:32 PM
Don't bump something this old.