PDA

View Full Version : Card: Dun Dun Dun Corruption. Its happened to us all once.

Militrant
May 10, 2007, 07:56 PM
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/801788b.jpg

It has happened to some once, and some many times. Corruption. Whats the cause of this drastic event?

What was your reaction the first time you got your memcard corrupted? What do you think was the cause..?

Ketchup345
May 10, 2007, 08:35 PM
My first was due to the power outage of 2003 that blacked out a good chunk of the northeast of the US. I managed to avoid any permanent damage besides any progress made that gaming session (I believe I was only Mag Farming, so it wasn't a big deal).

Some people believe that using official Nintendo memory cards reduces the chance of corruption, so if possible, stick with them.

Militrant
May 10, 2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, every madcatz memory card that my friend and i use, is zapped by corruption. I use the official nintendo mem card.

Aileron
May 10, 2007, 11:58 PM
I've been using my Offcial Nintendo memory card for four years and I still haven't corrupted. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Saphion
May 11, 2007, 04:17 AM
I actually managed to rack up well over 2000 hours without getting corrupted.

Ever.

Sinue_v2
May 11, 2007, 11:08 AM
First, and only, corruption was with v.2 on the Dreamcast. I had just gotten done playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica and when I went to play PSO - I found that the VMU had completely corrupted. Ever since that day, I've always kept my PSO and other game saves on seperate cards. Which was a good policy since Resident Evil 0 would later corrupt a NGC card of mine durring a save, but that one didn't have any PSO data on it.

DC_PLAYER
May 11, 2007, 12:46 PM
O.o that's a new one, never tough dreamcast pso saves could get corrupted.

Paramedic
May 11, 2007, 01:26 PM
I have no idea what happened... But I thought I'd start playing PSO GC again, because my friend was in Ultimate mode. He thought it'd be fun if we did some ultimate co-op offline. So, I decided to start leveling a HUcast... I got him to 90 or so over a week. (I had the whole week off, so I played alot) I hunted for a Stag Cutlery for two full days, finally got one after a couple hours into the third day. So, now I decided I'd go hunt for a God/Battle. Got two of them. I turned off my GC because I had to leave my house, but it turns out the appointment was canceled. Less than 5 minutes later, I turned on my GC... My memory card was corrupted.

I quit PSO GC permanently afterwards.

Banish
May 11, 2007, 04:32 PM
I've only been corrupted once; ever; and I only got up to 75.

burning_card
May 11, 2007, 04:53 PM
I was corrupted three times this month, first times i've had this problem. I play PSO (non plus) at work when i'm setting up my gallery, i had one power outage, one iritating co-worker (turned the game off while saving.) and one corruption during a save. The card was a madcatz 64mb, the first corruption i lost a lot of stuff and three lvl 160+ characters, and one 90+. The second time was about two level 20's, and the third was when i re-made my characters...i threw the card away and sold the original PSO to a friend.

Now i play plus, on a nintendo card, and always will. I've got a RAcaseal, low level with limited equipment, but i'll get it all back.

Militrant
May 11, 2007, 05:38 PM
I havent had a problem with PSO non plus. however, i do beleive that the madcatz mem cards suck pretty bad. I use original MEM NGC card. pso normal is fine though.

i kinda want plus so i can do ep 2 missions.

In my corruptions i lost one of my friends char. He lent me his mem card so i could try out his char., soul, HUmar, 67. he was sweet. then i tunred the cube off and i wanted to play again so i truned it back on and it was like "AGREE DISAGREE" "sorry your mem card has a corrupt file"

then i saw "NO DATA, NOT DATA, NO DATA, NO DATA" and i was like.. "ohhh shit.."

yeah he was mad at me for a couple of days. but then me and TrishTrosh got together with him alot to play mult. offline and he got a Fomarl to lv. 43 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it was still a pretty bad corruption http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PALRAPPYS
May 11, 2007, 05:52 PM
I never got corrupted. But one of my friend's got corrupted 3 times... or 2... can't remember. But still, it was harsh for him. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

*Is glad PSU has server-side saving*

PSOgamer17
May 11, 2007, 10:42 PM
yeah i would say stay away from mad catz they seem to corrupt easy and try to stick with official nintendo mem. cards.... preferely the 251 spaces version, just my personal ex[erience... total of 4 corruptions, hope it helps!

Ithildin
May 11, 2007, 11:47 PM
The first time I corrupted was on an unofficial mem card. I have no idea how it happened. The second time was on an official one. I dced and pressed start to quit the game and save... for some reason I had corrupted... I lost soooo much...

DC_PLAYER
May 12, 2007, 06:51 AM
i have a double save of my data on another memory card, just in case of some accident, i believe i even have the save files on my computer, altought it is not very recent.

Tweengo
May 12, 2007, 07:55 AM
My reaction to my first corruption, caused by my brother on the memory card we shared, turning the game off while saving, thus deleting my first ever character, Bluefull Humar, just in Ult mode, was (can't type it here, this is a family site http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Use your imagination). But man was I peeved off. I now have 2 memory cards of my own which I kiss and treasure every night before sticking them back in my drawer......well not literally, but you get what I mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tweengo on 2007-05-12 05:55 ]</font>

TrishTrosh
May 16, 2007, 07:29 PM
I've been corrupt a few times and yes it was a madcatz... Most of the time it wasnt to bad but it's crazy annoying <_>

Weeaboolits
May 16, 2007, 08:02 PM
I've never corrupted, despite using a madcatz, then again, I'm offline.